Class 5 only

spywelding

RDC Crypto
Sorry our forever car rebuild isn’t done yet haha. Were hoping to have that running by September ish. Lazenby car couldn’t make this race due to a surgery date. Wish we could be there to show support and bring numbers up if either car was ready we would be there. Build is taking longer then the original due to less hands on deck being just my dad and I were not trying to rush anything. If anyone needs help ill be out there race weekend though.

Advertising supports this site

promer

RDC Crypto
Website
www.promersurfboards.com
Need some help. After at least 6 years plus on the same alternator. It's time to change it out. Looking for a part number. We are using the CBM mount. Should be an LS alternator. If anyone can give me some part numbers that would be great. Thanks!!

Zac Reish

RDC Crypto
Need some help. After at least 6 years plus on the same alternator. It's time to change it out. Looking for a part number. We are using the CBM mount. Should be an LS alternator. If anyone can give me some part numbers that would be great. Thanks!!
Call Jake. He’s got the one you want

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
DC Power,
DC180HP with LS bolt pattern.

notime

NTR Films media guy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
IMG_0988.jpg

NORRA D2SS2 just after Percebu Rd

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
were looking for the Delphi part number,the stamped number is wore off and i cant make it out .
i suppose so because not one person can give me a part number, guess there to busy readying about a golf kart running up front

The Delphi alts. Nobody uses anymore, which is why I gave you the DC number. If you don’t want the DC, and are looking for an off the shelf part. 92058857 is the Mitsubishi 140 amp alt. That can be purchased anywhere and bolts right into the bracket you are running.

5racer

RDC Crypto
The Delphi alts. Nobody uses anymore, which is why I gave you the DC number. If you don’t want the DC, and are looking for an off the shelf part. 92058857 is the Mitsubishi 140 amp alt. That can be purchased anywhere and bolts right into the bracket you are running.
Thank you for your time to post the part number. Reason for wanting the same alternator is that this thing went 7 years of pure hell and still cranks out the volts but the bearings sound like a grade school band out of tune

notime

NTR Films media guy
RDC Crypto
Website
www.codeoffroad.com.mx
That section was bad Azz! Winding through the sand mounds. Story coming soon.
posting video next week of both days D1 near SF and D2 in Percebu

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
NORRA report
Day 1 Ens to SF
I rode with Mike the first day to get a feel for course markings, nav, transit stages etc. Honestly I was expecting to put my feet up on the dash and honk the horn at the fans. That changed as soon as we took the green on the special! Mike was pushing, so I stepped up my nav-ing. Started to get an idea of what he wanted and our pace was quick. We played cat and mouse with the same couple cars all throughout the first special; as soon as we would pass them I would mis-call a corner and we would be off course. Mike did not like me telling him to turn around, I thought we might break up right there on course. But with no physical markings I really had to call every little twitch or undulation in the GPS file. Not to mention the occasional ipad freeze which required a reset of all the bluetooth devices. oh well. Once we got to KM 75 on the highway we had settled into a good dust train and after a couple legit passes we were in clean car. I really had not been in the right seat in intense racing in a while and the waffle with ham and cheese I had for breakfast was not sitting so well. After the whole team told me I would regret eating it I had to make sure it stayed in my stomach, but man looking at 2 GPS' in the dust, calling corners, while tugging at the belts in the hills had me sweating! As we get fuel in San Matias we can hear El Jefe Drew is only about 10 mins back of us which is a solid drive on a tricky day. We have a fairly uneventful remainder of the day into SF coming in on some really cool roads that I have never used in SCORE. We pull into the finish and I am exhausted but relieved to help get Mike across the finish clean. Results show 6th overall for the day which just shows how well Mike wheeled that car. Even with a penalty(one from my nav), we dropped back to 15th overall after day 1 and behind Drew on time... Penalties are no joke at this race. We get back to the hotel in SF and start to whipe down the cars. Our car needs some love as a rear pivot bolt had backed off, a coilover was leaking, and the muffler had cracked. Thinking to myself, Ok this is all stuff we can fix, but I had heard everyone just drinks beers and whipes down their cars each night lol. But I enjoyed being able to help fix the car. Drew jumped in to help rebuild our shock, Nick welded up the exhaust, Charlie Mike T and I fixed the pivot bolt and added an extra security bolt, and we were ready for day 2 and my race debut with Precepts team.

Day 2 SF to Bay o LA
Monday morning, going racing in Baja, how cool is this? Dad is anxious as he is riding with me. He has worn out the pages in the roadbook to try and become a rally master. Despite the penalty from day 1 we are still starting 6th overall *gulp*. The "twins" leave the hotel and march to staging. It is pretty rad to be driving matching 5 cars at a race. I have always envied these cars and team, now here I am racing with them. We get lined up between the COPS spec TT and Menzies Mason TT in staging. People walk by and smile seeing a beam 5 car sitting up with the big boys. 2 min starting gap was NICE. We are next in line and ready to get after it. Green flag drops and ipad immediately freezes so dad is fiddling with it while the roads leaving SF are flat out tapped, sketchy without a nav helping. We dog it for a few miles while I coach him on how to fix it, he gets it fixed and we are back on the pipe. It was not a super technical first special but we were careful, getting a feel for these cars under race pace. Everything is good, we pass a broken car, then get passed by Menzies with their helo in tow. Dad and I are having a blast as we clear the first special and jump back on the highway, but still are having issues with the ipad so we are bouncing back between road book and lowrance. Just didnt have good mojo yet and we were leaving some time on the table. Drew radios us that we are 4th physical car, incredible, we get topped off with fuel and head towards the start of the next special. Since we were 4th overall we pull in behind Rhys Millen and 2 other FAST cars, Rhys comes over and gives us knuckles while dad and I start giggling thinking how cool is this? Mike pulls in with the chase raptor and we tell him all his good and we were looking forward to finding a better groove on stage 2.
Our alotted time is almost up so we buckle in and head to stage then take the green. Once again we struggle with the nav down around Percebu lake bed and I drop into a wash then promptly bury the car,. DAMN. Dad jumps out and starts to dig, our luck seemed to be fading fast! Then we received a gift from god, a truck full of course workers pulls up and tells dad to get back in the car, we got this. After a few tries they push us out of the sand and we are back on the road. Man, we need to tighten up this ship. We start to click off miles coming into Cocos and are feeling a groove finally. Those are some fun roads, seem purpose built for 5 cars. Just as we think we are clean sailing for the rest of the day we hear a big V8, then we see the red C1 of Ragland pass us with guts on the windy graded road out of cocos, spray us then GONE. That was bad azz. I will get roosted by a legend any day lol. We settle back in and get radio with Mike near highway 1 as we cross and head west of Chapala. This was another rad section. Good traction, good berms, we were clicking and finding that groove. "Wanda" aka car 512 was doing work! As we come to the far west point of that section we make a 180 left and Ragland is high centered on a cactus, thank you guys, well see you at Bay of LA! The course starts to deteriorate a bit as we get closer to the finish so we dial it back a bit and get passed by a C1 and an old Chenowth(eventual winner of Vintage overall). Of course there is photo and video in all of these sections showing us sucking dust... We then clear the last highway crossing before the end of the special and can see the sea of cortez! We are ready to finish this day and see how we stack up so far. Then all of a sudden we blew a big corner on a mountain side, slam on brakes which stalls the engine so we lose PS. Can't muscle the car back onto the trail so I make a business decision and drive down the 40' mountain. Luckily we rolled to a stop with no fanfare, fired her up, and kept moving. Yikes. Finally we make it to the finish and head to the house to regroup. It was not a great day overall on time as we were around 30th overall for the day, but some bad luck from our class competitors gave us time on 511, Chase, and Bill. We had to be smart, an hour goes by fast when you are an idiot. Car is solid upon checking, we top off oil, rotate tires, check the hubs, then relax in one of my favorite places. I was happy to keep the car clean for Mike as he had a monster day tomorrow, 420 miles or so.

Day 4 Loreto to La Paz
Mikes day 3 was a bit tough as he lost a rear caliper and got a ghost flat, putting us at third for the second special but I believe about 45 mins on 511, and 1:30 on chase. Tough luck for Bill as we hear both cars had engine issues. We wanted to dice it up with them all week. Mike assures me brakes are there just be smart. I was feeling really confident on this section as we just did (what I thought was) alot of it at the 1000 last Nov. Mike was going to hop in 511 which was starting about 10 mins back from me and drive it for Drew. We had a lot of fun banter about how the day would develop and I basically told Mike I think you will pass me on the second special so just radio me and dont ragland me lol. Deep down I wanted to hold him off obviously, I knew he would be charging and he still wants to get even from belt-gate in 2019 where I beat him by 12 seconds in lucerne when he could not get his belts clicked at the driver change. Anyways, we head to staging on the Malecon and just felt good. Take the green and cruise out of town, come up to the dirt transition into the wash and brakes are not what I had hoped so I ride up the berm and try to act like I meant to do it. That little kick in the pants was what I needed. Dad and I went to work. We tiptoed through the wash, passed a C1 that blew a corner then jumped onto the highway coming into the Mission. 2 cars got by us on the pavement, which sucked but they were on a mission so I let them by. One car was the Dakar Jimco, fair. The other was the rennsport SS beam buggy, game on! We were able to stay right outside their dust after we clear the mission and I am happy with the pace. The car did not want to stop under heavy braking so just had to focus and hit downshifts, which actually seemed to help the pace. Soon enough we catch the Chenowth from earlier in the rally, they were still leading the vintage overall and we wanted that! Since we were in a no passing zone we just took our time. This was a much different route than SCORE used, technical and rarely got out of 4th gear. Built for these beam cars. As we clear the end of the no passing zone we noticed the chenowth and the Rennsport car both blew the same corner in the dust and we pull off the double pass. Hell yea. We wanted to push and see if we could put some on Kevin so we turned it up a click but it was just not where I wanted to be so we dialed it back to our happy place. Rennsport car got back by us but we held track position until the end of the first special coming into insurgentes. We had also switched to our own ipad for this day and she was solid, no glitches. We get fuel from the precepts boys in town and we hear Mikey is about 5 mins back and charging. This is gonna be awesome. So we head to the start of the next special and get out to take a leak and we see kevin's chenowth and Mike in 511. This is shaping up to be a fun stage. It was about 170 of special with 30 miles of transit, so a longer stage with little chase support. I live for that. Kevin and Mike start right behind us so we pin our ears back and hit the road. Immediately we catch one of the Curry RZRs and they let us by. Then we start to catch the rennsport car yet again but cannot get close enough to strike. All the while we can hear Mike getting clearer and clearer on the radio so we are know they are close. With the new "cruise control" in the cars, we could set the speed at 25/37 and relax, the computer would handle the throttle. It was a nice reprieve from the constant shifting and braking with the hot brakes. There were so many speed zones in dirt in this stage that we kept catching the rennsport car in the SZs since they could not maintain speed perfectly. Unfortunately we could not close the gap after the race speeds commenced again, plus there were cliffs on 1 side so we played it safe, but it was fun to "slinky" with them all day. I was expecting the call from Mike to tell me to pull over at any minute, but as the miles clicked off it never came. We thought that they would radio us if something was actually wrong so there was the suspicion they blew a tire and we regained our lead. Once again we see the sea of cortez and feel a bit of relief. Eliseo teased us before we got on the fun roads a bit so we still weaved up and down old mountain roads, some paved sections. This was our day. The course opened up and we started to see more fans and we opened it up. Wanda was flying. Dad was still calling our corners and convo was light in the car as we had full focus on hauling azz. Still no radio from Mike so we solidered on hoping all was well with them. Last thing on our mind was to stop and check right? Drew told me team orders are to throw a fire extinguisher if you see the other car on fire, the rest is up to you lol. More and more fans string along the course cheering as we dance along the coast. Then just like that we clear the special and are on the highway in La Paz. Coming into the La Paz finish is one of the best feelings in desert racing. We crack our finish line beers and wait for the boys. Mike did in fact have a flat, and Chase was right on his tail after that. We have some laughs and head back to the hotel for the night. Little to our knowledge we had booked rooms at the infamous "pay her hour" type of hotels lol. Drew, flush red with a couple emotions, sends Bruce off to find another hotel so we find a bitchen new hotel to set up for the night. The cars are still sitting strong. Charlie does a bit of CV service, we check fluids, and wipe em down for the final day. 18th overall for the day and put time on 511 and chase, stoked and proud to do our job for the team and give Mike a shot at winning it.

Final day/notes
Mike and Mike were able to bring 512 into the finish victorious. Considering some of the luck those guys have had in baja, it was cool to be a part of their win, bring the car around safe, keep all the team members and truck safe. Like I said earlier I was proud to be a part of a solid class 5 team over the last 20 years. Drew was able to bring 511 in with a big second place with a blown engine at the finish! His driver line up with a true baja novice Bruce and prep guy Charlie were fun to race down the peninsula with. Their mechanics Tony, Nick, Omar were all studs who kept us laughing and racing all week. At the end of the day, it is all just off roading, but it was cool to be a part of something new with NORRA "stage racing", dad and I felt totally nervous at the beginning of something new to us, but the whole NORRA team does a great job and it is no wonder people love this race. And of course I felt incredibly honored and lucky to race with the Belks. I hope we can do it again soon. Thanks for reading.
unnamed (10).jpg
unnamed (11).jpg
unnamed (9).jpg
unnamed (7).jpg
unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg
unnamed (4).jpg
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed.jpg

Last edited: