• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 5 only

JRV 511

LOL!! Thats funny considering how much the docs are making... Wheezy, do you still have the hardware in or is is out now?

On another subject, is anyone using a morse-style cable for their throttle cables...or will it gummed up? I'm upgrading my setup after the broke cable at last weekend's race...
I do and never have had an issue

AMS RACING

Here are the results to the surveys made last week:

Verification again:

Second Survey:

And verification again:

Thanks guys for all the responses. It is amazing how many of you are involved in this thread.
Steve Alexander car #5005 says no to the motor change. 6 to 6 now what? BTW I never saw that survey...I must have missed it.

Zac Reish

^^^^^^ awesome pictures!!! Jim and stevowe of texas. The idea about the class 5 forum and locking people without 5 opens is a bad idea. The whole point of this thread is to get more people involved in 5 open or back out racing their 5 open. Isolating a forum specifically to those who own 5 cars will never help our cause. Even though there are people who have skewed opinions in your views doesn't mean it's without validity. I guarantee theres several people who are following this thread waiting for a motor change to either build one, buy one, or simply to get inspire and excited about racing again. I say no on special 5 thread and keep this where everyone can see it and voice his or her opinions good or bad. I was following the class 10 thread closely a year or so ago until they moved it. I think that was a mistake. My .25 cents.

Steve alexander I didnt take the survey either.......................

VIGILANTE

^^^^^^ awesome pictures!!! Jim and stevowe of texas. The idea about the class 5 forum and locking people without 5 opens is a bad idea. The whole point of this thread is to get more people involved in 5 open or back out racing their 5 open. Isolating a forum specifically to those who own 5 cars will never help our cause. Even though there are people who have skewed opinions in your views doesn't mean it's without validity. I guarantee theres several people who are following this thread waiting for a motor change to either build one, buy one, or simply to get inspire and excited about racing again. I say no on special 5 thread and keep this where everyone can see it and voice his or her opinions good or bad. I was following the class 10 thread closely a year or so ago until they moved it. I think that was a mistake. My .25 cents.

Steve alexander I didnt take the survey either.......................
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have followed this thread from the very 1st comment. You say the word on a motor change and we are in. I also believe there are a few others in the same boat.

RYAN COHEE

Says the guy with ONE LAP in a 5 car, EVER. Weren't you the guy talking in the 12 car engine thread too without ever even having been in one? Just because you got to wipe one down once doesn't make you an expert.
Ok Wheezzle lets go for it,how many races did you run....In 2009 M.O.R.E http://moreracing.net/images/pdfs/09/09points.pdf
THREE JUST LIKE ME....Wow thats a lot of DNFS DUDE...You also failed to bring up my two seconds and 1 st place in 1300...Oh wait how about the MINT 400 2009 THE ONE YOU JOCKED ME SO MUCH YOU MADE A YOU TUBE MOVIE.....
THANKS DUDE....Now lets talk who really built that second car....Wanst RACECO no disrespect to THEM... THEY WILL CAN YOU SOON ENOUGH.....Who built that car..I know who posser.....Yes I broke my back to also won the next race I ran...How many did you finish...Also did all the races in a 30 year old car and ran faster than you..Show the Dnfs and I,LL match with seconds or 1 st....My wife has finished more races and turned more laps than you...Every where you go you run the mouth but dont race anything...Yes the only race I have in 5U WAS A DNF....Wanst my car it was a grandmas car Clare Ross the car Brian and I preped for the PP race that finished.....YOUR all talk and everyone is seeing that....BROKEN BACK WELL FIND A NEW SPORT or better yet I can have my wife show you how to drive....No disrespect to 5U its a great class and #527 you haul the mail.But WHEEZZLE IS ALL TALK....

Last edited by a moderator:

pjc

Chairman
Ryan, I remember you co-dawggin' in Cousin Randy's 12 car.. ?? Or was that Canoe Dave?

RYAN COHEE

Ryan, I remember you co-dawggin' in Cousin Randy's 12 car.. ?? Or was that Canoe Dave?
Car never made the race due to "TIME BOMB" hight comp 1835 engine...But have more miles right seat in a class one also than Wheezy has in the "SUPPER 5 CAR" To bad he cant drive like he talks....Tell ya what Wheezy I,ll drive the UFF-DA car at 30 plus years old in 1300....Just so I can pass you in the new car like I did in the "BROKE BACK" 5 CAR ya had....That you blamed your friends for destroying....Sorry all other 5u guys no disrespect....As you were:)

martein

Car never made the race due to "TIME BOMB" hight comp 1835 engine...But have more miles right seat in a class one also than Wheezy has in the "SUPPER 5 CAR" To bad he cant drive like he talks....Tell ya what Wheezy I,ll drive the UFF-DA car at 30 plus years old in 1300....Just so I can pass you in the new car like I did in the "BROKE BACK" 5 CAR ya had....That you blamed your friends for destroying....Sorry all other 5u guys no disrespect....As you were:)
need a co-dawg I would like a front row seat for that. Make it the Chili cookoff race then they can get another 5u entry to get the car counts up and everyone can see this new magical 5u that is going to dominate HDRA next year

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Gonna have to dig up the photos of when you beat up your wife and the video of PJC drunk in the pit throwing a beer at Camerons TT doing 90at the mint.

CLASSY

Last edited:

Zac Reish

Alright enough. No ones perfect. I do want to see the 5 u that will dominate hdra though. I want to see pictures of the magical beast.

martein

Sorry for the highjack Zac. He has been talking trash about us for a few years after a lot of us helped him for nothing. He runs to whoever he thinks will benefit him the most at the time. We don't miss him but we do miss his wife she is a super sweet lady.

Bryan J

this thread has turned into a f***king joke. Everyone needs to grow the F up and stop acting like a bunch of preteen girls. We can till disagree with each other and hold a RESPECTFUL tone. Act like a child and expect to be treated like one. This thread wasnt made to talk trash or bash anyone, it was made to share one of the coolest classes in desert racing, but all that has come out of it, is a bunch of BULL. We have made ZERO progress since Tom made the thread and any steo toward progress has been thwarted by poor grammar, and bad attitudes. Jesus Christ I feel like we should show up at the next race with flat bills and black socks. Everyone grow up and get along. We are all on the same team here!!!!! get over the egos guys, lets just race and have some fun. lets work TOGETHER (I know its a scary concept to some of you) and make 5 open awesome again.

JRV 511

this thread has turned into a f***king joke. Everyone needs to grow the F up and stop acting like a bunch of preteen girls. We can till disagree with each other and hold a RESPECTFUL tone. Act like a child and expect to be treated like one. This thread wasnt made to talk trash or bash anyone, it was made to share one of the coolest classes in desert racing, but all that has come out of it, is a bunch of BULL. We have made ZERO progress since Tom made the thread and any steo toward progress has been thwarted by poor grammar, and bad attitudes. Jesus Christ I feel like we should show up at the next race with flat bills and black socks. Everyone grow up and get along. We are all on the same team here!!!!! get over the egos guys, lets just race and have some fun. lets work TOGETHER (I know its a scary concept to some of you) and make 5 open awesome again.
100% agree , This is a little over the top !!!

RYAN COHEE

Gonna have to dig up the photos of when you beat up your wife and the video of PJC drunk in the pit throwing a beer at Camerons TT doing 90at the mint.

CLASSY
Race talk Wheezy remember that keep it clean...Thats were you always lose your mind..Should I post some SAN FELIPE PICS...You know where to find me "MAN UP"....I just want you to get the "SUPPER 5 CAR" going and I,ll get Clares 5u car going again..I will rear start with a torsion rear end car and give you a tap every time I lap you.....Remember when you talk its race talk dont cross the line...If you want to go below the belt find me In person...Dont run and hind like always...

TexasBaja

we have used a morse cable in the past and it worked pretty good for a while but after a couple years ours would start getting sticky. We were just about to get a replacement when we got the electronic throttle with the eco swap. Fly by wire baby!! No cables to stick ever again:)
x2.;)

pjc

Chairman
I just want you to get the "SUPPER 5 CAR" going and I,ll get Clares 5u car going again..I will rear start with a torsion rear end car and give you a tap every time I lap you.....Remember when you talk its race talk dont cross the line...If you want to go below the belt find me In person...Dont run and hind like always...

Ahhhhhh Yaaaaa!

Now, I wanna see that race! Wheezerz, when is your car gonna be ready? Chili race?

steve0we

Now that pick on eachother day is over, lets get back to 5U.

I have great news! Two associations will be allowing class 5U to make a motor change/ addition for a 3 year period, starting 2013. Both organizations have been following the thread and think that the motor addition will help the class grow in numbers. they are waiting for us as a group to decide on the overall motor package/ rules change. Lets get moving forward and get this done.