Class 5 suspension

SuperDave

Reaction
Does anyone know what class 5 guys are using for suspension these days? Specifically how much wider front axle, length of front arms, length and width of rear trailing arms?
- Dave

frankh

Reaction
5-1600 or 5 unlimited, If your talking 5 unlimited the baja shop just built one for the jet racing team that look and runs good.

scott

Reaction
Most of the 5 unlimited cars are the same old cars with update Bypass shocks and coilovers. George Seeley for instance is running his same old car with the updated 2001 Bug Body,,,,

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
front beam 12 wider plus 4" wider and longer trailing arms up front coilcarrier and bypass shock, the rear 6x6 rear traling arms some guys use bigger ones...same in the rear most use a coilcarrier and a bypass or you can still go old school and just run coilovers they still work great.

SuperDave

Reaction
Thanks Mike, that's what I was looking for. Where does one get a 6x6 rear arm? I've seen 3" wider arms at Kartek and McKenzies but not a 6". Also I think the widest front beam they had was 10".

frankh

Reaction
My car and seely still us torsion bars. But if you go coil-over you go with heims.

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
The rear arms are custom made by a fab shop, on our class 10 car our front beam was 14" over stock and thats not including the longer front arms....