Class 5 Unlimited.....Before and After Re-build...

TauMau

Nice! Any plans to throw some bypass on the front and coilovers on the rear?

Uncle_Bob

Very nice rebuild. Glad to see your signed up for next month in Lucerne.

xjchaser

Love the look of a Bad Arse 5 car, thanks for sharing this it looks great. Just curious are you going to make the switch to coilover in the rear?

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
DAAAAUUUUUMMMMMMMM.... that thing is really nice. You guys doin the DN500?

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Does CANON sponsor you or are you a dealer???

Old Skool 5

I have a Canon dealership in Temecula Ca called Inovative Document Solutons and we get a little help from them. Looking foward to the ORAF race next month its going to be great seeing 11 5 cars are entered already. Glad to see this class coming back. The car has come a long way and yes I plan to do some updates to the suspension once my wallet gets fat again...may be awhile since I don't want to dip into the beer funds yet !!

Hartmut & Wolfram

Nice! Any plans to throw some bypass on the front and coilovers on the rear?
In the future maybe, depends on the cashflow situation.

We kind of like it old school cause that is how the car was designed, its not the fastest 5 car but so far pretty reliable, we DNF'd the first race before the re-build and had only had it about 3 weeks prior just enough to drive it put some lights, seat and new seat belts. The transmission (bus box) let go and that is what started the overhaul. Since then we have only made 2 races V2R 07 and won that one and Parker 425 08 got 2nd there, had some motor work done (long story) missed V2R 08 and Parker 09 so we are planning on doing the MORE 500 race next month cause its been awhile!

PRECEPTS

In the future maybe, depends on the cashflow situation.

We kind of like it old school cause that is how the car was designed, its not the fastest 5 car but so far pretty reliable, we DNF'd the first race before the re-build and had only had it about 3 weeks prior just enough to drive it put some lights, seat and new seat belts. The transmission (bus box) let go and that is what started the overhaul. Since then we have only made 2 races V2R 07 and won that one and Parker 425 08 got 2nd there, had some motor work done (long story) missed V2R 08 and Parker 09 so we are planning on doing the MORE 500 race next month cause its been awhile!
Hey Shannon, no doubt about it you do nice work! So let's see, you beat us at 07
V2R, we beat you at 08 Parker now it's 09 and time for a rematch. See you at the MORE race!

Hartmut & Wolfram

Hey Shannon, no doubt about it you do nice work! So let's see, you beat us at 07
V2R, we beat you at 08 Parker now it's 09 and time for a rematch. See you at the MORE race!
Yeah it should be fun! I was bored last night and decided to post up some pics on here finally even though they are old news. I am getting anxious to drive again as is Kevin (old school 5 on here and car owner) anyway it is cool to see so many 5 cars entered up!!!

Drew we should try and pit/camp together....

harleys dad

Did you adjust the rear of the car at all after you put it together?? I have seen hundreds of class 5 cars in my day, it looks very low in the rear. Nice car though, I have always liked the look of a nice 5 car

Uncle_Bob

I just made a decision on 33% on my contingencies prizes for the MORE ORAF 500 next month with putting one of the three MotoR LEATT-BRACE's that I have to the winner in Class 5 Open. This is a $695.00 retail value.

I had a number in the back of my head of 10 in your class so here's 1 MotoR for you guys to race for from LEATT-BRACE and Team UBRT Racing.

Good luck to all of you, be safe and see you at our booth at contingency Friday for your decals to run on each side of your cars in order to qualify for the prize.

TMorford

Looks awesome. I like that paint and wheel scheme A LOT, wonder why?... Cant wait to see it run at the MORE race.

Hartmut & Wolfram

Did you adjust the rear of the car at all after you put it together?? I have seen hundreds of class 5 cars in my day, it looks very low in the rear. Nice car though, I have always liked the look of a nice 5 car
Ha...funny you should ask, since this was my first time putting together a VW type race car I didnt know any better...when we went to V2R (luckily it was not a rough course) anyways what endend up happening is that the torsion bars ended up taking a set (they were not replaced in the re-build) the car handled sweet on the fast graded stuff but was a little uncomfortable in the rougher stuff...lucikly the reliability overall got us the win but we didn't set any speed records, but since it was only our second race as drivers and as a team (I like to say first race because it was freshly re-built car) our first race was a MORE race at barstow and we had only had the car about 3 weeks so there was minimal driving experience/prep involved and that was before the re-build so we didnt have much control over that one.

After that race I did some homework (talked to Brian I think is his name at sway-away) and we put some new torsion bars in the car and set the ride height up some, not wanting to go overboard and over wrap the new bars so far so good and we managed to pull out a 2nd at Parker 08 behind Drew Belk/Dave Bonner so we were pretty happy with that cause those guys are FAST!