Class 5 Unlimited Rules

Jeffers909

Reaction
It has been brought to MORE and SNORE's attention that there are some Class 5 race cars out their that are getting outside of the rules. Here's a reminder, these rules will be enforced at the MORE/SNORE PCI Race Radios 300 on Sept. 24:

SCR38 Doors and Latches
Doors must remain in original stock location and maintain stock shape and size. Doors may be welded or fastened shut

SCR47 Fenders
Full coverage fenders must be used. Fender mounting location must remain stock. Fenders may be one piece fiberglass. Rear fenders when measured at top center must not measure less than 6” from body. Mounting height is optional. Rear fenders may be made of metal or fiberglass but must have rolled edges. Fenders must resemble a VW Baja Bug rear fender

SCR48 Chassis and Body
Single piece front ends allowed. Any body made of metal or fiberglass may be used as long as Baja bug appearance is maintained. If convertible body is used, Windshield framework must be retained and rear crossover piece forward of engine cover may be removed. Windshield and window glass is optional but must be shatterproof if retained. Wheel base may be altered to a maximum of 105” as measured from wheel center line to center line front to rear on both sides not to exceed a total of 211” combined. This will be taken at ride height

Straight aluminum side panels that do not match the front hood profile will not be allowed. Rear fenders measured at top center must be a minimum of 6" wide.

Complete rulebook can be found here: http://www.snoreracing.net/images/pdf/rulebook/rulebook.pdf

5racer

Reaction
Well that just ended all class 5 cars what do we call them now lol. now if you want them to look like a class 5 baja bug then we can save the class. there is only one guy that you are talking about and im sure he is more than willing to up date, its a new car as in two races only ,if there's more then pls say so and they will comply .but there's not one of us that will meet what you just posted,There close but that's it .wheel base has always been 211" combined. in return is 105.5 a side

swiftracing5

Reaction
Well that just ended all class 5 cars what do we call them now lol. now if you want them to look like a class 5 baja bug then we can save the class. there is only one guy that you are talking about and im sure he is more than willing to up date, its a new car as in two races only ,if there's more then pls say so and they will comply .but there's not one of us that will meet what you just posted,There close but that's it .wheel base has always been 211" combined. in return is 105.5 a side
Admit it, you laughed when you saw his fenders? Lol

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

5racer

Reaction
yes adam needs to make it look like a class 5 i agree and he will, he was a last minute entry and im glad he showed up . the wheel base is about the only thing that will give a big advantage or a cheating motor

swiftracing5

Reaction
Cody, would you dq or turn them away at tech? I know in the past its taken a protest, which sucks to have to do.

Jeffers909

Reaction
Nobody would get turned away, if there was a protest after the race the rules have to be enforced. "Appearance" rules may seem silly but they are in the rulebook for a reason.

Wendell #527

Reaction
Many 5 cars arent even true beam cars any more. Heims mounted in different locations at different angles are not beam cars. The body rules have a different reason though, so I get it.

5racer

Reaction
I agree that class 5 should look like a baja bug and that should be checked at tech but if the car is waved through tech then i cant think of anyone that would post a protest against the car, wheel base and motor maybe but not body work.

Zac Reish

Reaction
I would be pissed if a 5 car got turned away due to appearance by the race organization. Let him pay the entry, and increase the pot for the winner. The more the merrier. If he's cheating let 2nd and 3rd protest the racer not following the rules.

swiftracing5

Reaction
Agreed Zac. Which will happen sooner or later as the class grows and we don't rewrite the rules.

Jeffers909

Reaction
I would be pissed if a 5 car got turned away due to appearance by the race organization. Let him pay the entry, and increase the pot for the winner. The more the merrier. If he's cheating let 2nd and 3rd protest the racer not following the rules.
I already explained above that this will not happen. TECH is a safety inspection not a class rules inspection. You can only be turned away from starting the race if your car does not pass the safety inspection. This post is a warning because I have had complaints from 5 unlimited racers that said they are going to start protesting after the race because the rules are not being followed.

I don't want their to be any grounds for a protest at the next race, so it is my job to make sure that all the 5 unlimited guys know that this is a growing issue and remind them what the rulebook says. If there is a protest I cannot ignore what is written in the rulebook. I don't want to DQ a car based on a fender rule so make sure your car is legal. If the class thinks this rule is outdated, thats fine, we can change it for 2017, but we are in the middle of the 2016 season and a rule change is not gonna happen midseason.

J BomBer

Reaction
Many 5 cars arent even true beam cars any more. Heims mounted in different locations at different angles are not beam cars. The body rules have a different reason though, so I get it.
agree, how this can still be a class 5 is beyond me.

thumbnail_image1.jpg

Derek Pocorena

Reaction
The empire guys don't run fenders that's a problem according to the book to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baja Belk

Reaction
Our car design and geometry are 30 years old. I think we do just fine. Trying to re-invent the wheel in this class does not make you any faster.

That said, we have no issue with the aesthetics of new cars that look different and would never protest body issues. Like Zac said, the more the merrier. If other guys are protesting though and MORE has to enforce the actual nitty gritty rules, then I respect this post as a fair warning, and nobody should complain after the fact. Thanks Cody.

Derek Pocorena

Reaction
Yep well this just saved me money and time no window frame for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Why can't people follow rules? How Effing hard is it?If your car doesn't have legal fenders, Make them legal. If you refuse because you don't like VWs, get the EFF OUT OF THE CLASS!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
agree, how this can still be a class 5 is beyond me.

View attachment 171613
Personally I think it's a brilliant idea. It's nice to see people thinking outside of the box and stretching the rules (front beam rule). It falls into the rules for how it is stated to run a beam front end but just re-thought how to do it and make it better. Too many cookie cutter vehicles out there how are not trying new things. Kudos to the designer of that beam front end, hope to see more guys stretching the rules and keeping the rule makers on their toes. This design has been around for a couple years, surprised more people aren't doing it.