Class 5 unlimited's Heat include 5/16, and 9

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
RDC Crypto
What an epic event. 20 cars off the line. Like 15 of us pitted together hanging out, helping eachother.

5 is where its at!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmxking454

RDC Crypto
Website
www.PCIRaceradios.com
Sorry, kinda had to.

eaa83dcb3082962f523ab1f8ff428a3f.jpg

My hat is off to him for beating us this weekend. Ill leave it at that.

Bajawillie

RDC Crypto
Ok I want to hear from all of the 5u's that raced this weekend. After all of the moaning last week about not wanting to be in heat 5, who still thinks it was a bad idea and went as horrible as they said it was going to be?

I for one want to thank SNORE for making the change even though we dropped the push. It was an AWESOME race! We had none of the issues that some of you were concerned about that I saw. 71 cars in heat 5 was not too many after all. There was no train of 5 cars stuck behind the 12 cars. Most of the 12's and 10's we passed moved over without a tap. Some needed a gentle nudge but moved over quickly. The pace of the race was FAST as could be I felt. The only issue I saw was the 15 second start interval that had us catching the back 12 cars before the moon bumps that cost me a possition at the start, but that's racing. For me it isn't about beating a faster class in my 5 car it's just that the closing rate of a slower 12 car isn't a much as it is with a 5/16, stock bug or 9 car therfore making a faster and safer race for everyone.

I'd like nothing more then for all of us to be on the same page next time this comes up so lets hear what you have to say.

Baja Belk

RDC Crypto
I posted on the coalition forum, I admit, Heat 5 was fine. The wind helped a lot. For the most part we had no issue passing. Sunday was even better, after attrition. Great racing, lots of fun.

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
RDC Crypto
It's pretty much exactly like I said.

The class is very split, the proper place really isn't with 10 even though those top 5 guys can hang with the fastest cars in the desert. They've proven that.

The slower guys in the class though, not so much. I got passed by a 10 car probably going 100mph down the fast straight. I was doing MAYBE 60 at that point and topped at like 75 in that section on my fastest lap. I about crapped my pants when he went by. I was constantly on the lookout and had no issues other than Willard moving my entire rear cage over 2" with an excessively hard nerf after being behind us for all of 1 second (which he apologized for FWIW, I'll send ya the bill John LOL). I waved and moved as soon as I possibly could for every single car that caught me and only had a few guys that were overly aggressive.

RATR - Heat 2 is where we as a class belong.

PRIMM - Different story.

NOW - I would go on to say, IF you're going to run mixed heats and they all qualify, it should be MIXED start by that qualifying time too. That just makes sense! I know guys like Zac and John LJ ect had to pass literally every 12 car out there and that just doesn't seem to make sense. At the same time, the lead 12 cars got all the way around and by me.

You can't please all the people all the time, but you can certainly assess the situation and make changes that make it better and more importantly safer for everybody.

snoreracer

RDC Crypto
Website
aol.com
I agree with the mixing of the classes from qualifying and with enough lead time that is a possibility with scoring. On the passing all the 12 cars look at the results 1st 12 beat 5 by 9 minutes 2nd 12 by 6. The rest were very close. good racing in my opinion one of the best of the weekend

5racer

RDC Crypto
After what the tracked looked like Sunday for our heat I don't care what class you put us with just make sure we are heat one ,there was more air time than dirt time hard to go forward and steer lol .

drofmij

RDC Crypto
Is class 5 just a bunch of whiners? SNORE should be choosing your heats not the racers, I haven't seen any other class on here complaining about their heat. Shut up and race!!!

Flame on!!

Bajawillie

RDC Crypto
Is class 5 just a bunch of whiners? SNORE should be choosing your heats not the racers, I haven't seen any other class on here complaining about their heat. Shut up and race!!!

Flame on!!

They did choose the heat. Everyone is adjusting to the fact that with the new engine option we as a class are running much faster lap times then of years past.

What class did you run in this weekend?

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
RDC Crypto
No, it's a class that's grown by leaps and bounds in the past 12 months. Just trying to figure out where we as a class sit in regards to speeds and make not just our class better, but help the orgs as well.

It's a valid discussion, not whining.

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
RDC Crypto
Looked good out there too. Congrats on the podium finish!

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
RDC Crypto
Thanks, Mike and I had a good battle, Zac pretty much kicked our butts
I know the feeling.... Lol

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
I think Todd got 2 checkered Flags on Saturday. Gotta get your moneys worth!

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
RDC Crypto
There were TWO 519s - figured they were confused and the SF definitely wasn't closed.

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Ah That makes sense. Thought it would've been cruel to time you out mid-course so that's good you made it back around.