Class 5

Ride_Red

Reaction
I need to know. Who still makes class 5 unlimited frames. If so what are some of the websites because I’ve haven’t been able to find any.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

CHASETHISTOO

Reaction
Your best bet is Jakes Fabworks. They dont have a website but they are on facebook and instagram. I love mine and we have had much success. Last I heard he had chassis #6 still available but it may have been swooped up.

Ride_Red

Reaction
Your best bet is Jakes Fabworks. They dont have a website but they are on facebook and instagram. I love mine and we have had much success. Last I heard he had chassis #6 still available but it may have been swooped up.
Cool, I’m only 14. I’m just planning for when I have money, just need a frame

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Sounds like this thread is about 4 years early...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

swiftracing5

Reaction
I would get that frame quoted then, the price goes up with every race Chase wins with one of Jake's cars.

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
It means get in touch with Jakes and get a price on a frame.
(That way you'll have an idea on how much $$ to save up!)
Good luck!

Wendell #527

Reaction
The harder you have to work for something the more rewarding it is when you finally get it. I bought a rather cheesy Crumco frame and built a 5 open car at my house. We ended up taking most of the Crumco out of it but I was really proud of that car and did well in it. Never give up on what you want!

Ride_Red

Reaction
The harder you have to work for something the more rewarding it is when you finally get it. I bought a rather cheesy Crumco frame and built a 5 open car at my house. We ended up taking most of the Crumco out of it but I was really proud of that car and did well in it. Never give up on what you want!
Yea, the only hard part is no one is selling cheap used frames

Zac Reish

Reaction
Ask for a welder and fab tools for Christmas or your b day. Get a job sweeping the floors at a fab shop and start learning. You could learn to build a full tube chassis car before you’re 16. Maybe not the best looking one but it will get you going. It’s easier than you think. I taught myself over the course of 3-4 years just by copying and paying for the hard parts like suspension arms and such. $30 a month is not going to get you very far. Learning how to do it will get you much further when you’re on an extremely tight budget.

A good chassis is 10-15k. Anything less than 4K is probably not that good of a chassis.

I bought my first Baja at 15, then bought the yellow one at 17. Raced it when I was 18. Destroyed the car in one year. Finished another guys half done Baja bug, crashed it, cut that up, took all my parts off that and built my first tube chassis car in 6 months when I was 23. And 14 years later it’s turned into this. And I’m still working on it and throwing money at it.

Jake Johnson did the front suspension to the a pillar of this car. Cole Brooks engineering re did the roof line and the entire back half/rear suspension a couple months back. I’m tapping into my average fab and welding skills to do as much as I can to get it done and to have a few bucks left over to race it. My work isn’t pretty by any means compared to the pros but it gets the job done so an average dude like myself can go out and race off-road and live the dream.

Work hard, be Nice, wake up early, and be on time.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Dave In Florida

Reaction
You know, I'm really proud of all of you. You could have easily poop on this kid, his post, and his dreams. I see it ALL the time online. I think it's awesome you guys are giving him encouragement and advice.

Ride_Red, take all of these guys advice. You'll probably need a balance of both to put your car together, quite a bit of money, and also some fab skills. Saving all of your money, and finding a gig sweeping the floors at a fab shop would be an awesome experience for you! Hell, 4 years from now, YOU could be the guy building frames that everyone is telling others to buy from.

5racer

Reaction
it took me 4 years to build first car and 20 mins to learn i did not do my home work ,take your time do it right the first time, spend wisely ,ask questions and take pics .or get educated get a high paying job stay out of trouble surround your self with good friends and buy a race car ,the car is the cheap part ,and with out good friends its almost impossible to desert race and last never give up on your dream no mater how long it takes . good luck young man

JDDurfey

Reaction
My 16 year old niece wants to make a living in the car restoration business. She has had the desire since about age 8. She lives in Scottsdale AZ. This year she got a part time/after school job at a restoration/customization shop. Her goal in getting the job was to get her hands dirty in the shop. Now the shop is short handed in the office side of the business, so they moved her in there to help. So now she is learning all the ins and outs of the business from that perspective. She will eventually get hands on experience and learn how to do the work in the shop too. She knows it is a long process and she is planning on going to college to get more education after high school to better her chances of success

My point is this, don't give up on your dream. Find a shop you can work at. Be patient. Be willing to work hard and start at the bottom. LISTEN to everything, no matter how trivial you think it is. Watch, observe, and ask questions. When you can get to a race, spectate or join a team and help. Don't ever burn any bridges, EVER. The off road industry is too small to burn bridges. At your age your future is wide open. Follow your goals and dreams. You never know, if you show you are a hard worker and willing to do what it takes you just might have a race car chassis or parts you need fall in your lap. There are many good guys in the desert and many that are willing to help those that are willing to work hard. It may take you a while as well, hence the advice to be patient, but persistent.

I appreciate your post and the fact that you didn't come on here asking for a hand out or free ride in a Trophy Truck like some have done in the past because they "think they can drive fast"

AZ7000'

Reaction
My niece in law loved autoshop in HS, had to go to her religion class at 0630 to be able to make it to the HS autoshop class at the offered time. She won a Findlay Toyota scholarship and was a factory trained Toyota mechanic with a guaranteed job at the local dealership by 20. She now has the money and know how to build up a nice toy by 22...

Head down and go for it!