Class 6 MRD

CHASE550

Reaction
What is the point of braking up 5-1600!!!

If a car is class 5-1600 Score legal what is the point of braking up the class for those who cry because teams have put the time and money in to their cars to run the new tech stuff. Technology changes and so do those who strive for a better race car, that's what has made racing advance over the years. All making another class does is hurt the 5-16 class as a whole. There are sportsmen classes for those who don't want to race 5-1600 don't make a new class, make them race sportsmen?

There is no reason for class 6

PLS

Reaction
While I agree with you mostly, there are some valid points being made by the people who are complaining. Mainly, where do you draw the line in rule enforcement. I don't know all the details, but I have heard from some of the racers that it is more then just the micro-stub issue. Along with the new stub set-up, people are doing more modifications that are outside the existing rules. One of the arguments is that if you want to make changes and use some of the newer technology, then move up to a higher class and leave the more limited classes the way they are for the budget racer. With all this said, I am sure we would run our older car as a 5-1600 against the newer cars instead of splitting off. Since we haven't run this year, we haven't had to deal with it yet.
Pete S.- BOYD RACING

snoreracer

Reaction
I have to agree with you the last thing that off road racing needs is one more class. In the 1600 class there has yet to be a winner in pro-1600 that had micro stubs. Personally the racers need more input in rule changes, so things like micro stubs or disk brakes don't end up in your class. like in cart or IRL owners sit on the rules committees

martininsocal

Reaction
I don't think another class is the answer either. As was pointed out, you don't need micro stubs to win in a limited class. If promoters continue to cater to those who want a special class just for them, then they will kill their sanctioning body if not the sport. While I wasn't a supporter of allowing the parts in the class to begin with, They are there now and everyone should have to live with the rules. SCORE has always allowed cars that raced in a class that went backwards to continue with a grandfather rule, what is any different here? If cars are pushing the rules in other areas, it is up to the promoter to enforce the rules and DQ the car or better yet, tell them before the race that they are illegal and let them move to another class until they get the car fixed. If rules aren't gonna be enforced, why have them?

WFODAN

Reaction
As was stated before ( the last time this topic was brought up and discussed more than a month ago ) this decision was made by the people that race the class in the MDR series and MDR went along with it . This is a temporary class until the end of this year only !!!! Score is supposed to be making a ruling on the micro stubs for next season , and as you know MDR goes by Score rules also . So , they are waiting for the new rule to come out . Like I said this was decided by the racers in that particular class . It wasn't the guys with the micro stubs , but the guys without that said they wouldn't race the rest of the season if they all had to race together . After discussing it amoungst themselves they came up with the idea to split the class till the new rules come out . MDR just went along with it , because it was what the racers wanted for their class . They didn't split the class , they just made a temporary class so everyone involved could race this year . If this troubles you so much then write a letter or place a call to Score and tell them to make a clear cut rule , with no grey areas . Otherwise just look up the old thread in the search menu and read until you are satisfied .

Dan Vance

CHASE550

Reaction
Dan and others, Just to set the record stright MDR made a new class with out talking to every one. When MDR had one driver (With out micro-stubs) call them and said the micro-stubs were to much of a advantage and thay did not want to race with the racers that had them. MDR had that driver call the other drivers and gave them there one sided opinion and get there feed back on the micro-stubs. This person told the other drivers they were not legal. With the wrong info a vote was taken.MDR should have called the drivers. Patricha dosnt know the differance between a stub axel or a micro stub so when she talked to Art and he said they were legal she over ruled him and made the new class anyway. We found out they made a new class from the person that called every one not MDR. After we found out we spent hours on the phone with MDR . To this day MDR has never ever said this was a temporay split. Ever!!!!! We started the season with the mirco-stubs and should be able to finsh the season with them in one class. If we were racing Score we would be able to race with them,and have in Laughlin. Score sayes they are legal then they are until they are made not legal. Witch means the class should not have been split do to a vote which by the way is very close. Arts son races with the micro-stub guys because he knows they are legal and dont give that big of a advantage. He also said if he were to make a new car the would use them. If the people didnt want to finish the season the way we started they should have went to another class.When you take 1st place 4 out of 6 races some drivers with old cars and old technolgy relize they cant win(by the way we did not have micro-stubs last season when we won those 4out of 6 races), they want the winner out, or have a new class to race in. Well it looks like they got there new class. The two drivers that had a loud voice in this don't run bypass shocks, 930 cv's, or newer style arms.Get with the times or get left behind. Dan if you are the class champ and your car is yellow, at MDR the other drivres can get to gether and say they don't want to race yellow cars, MDR would have a vote, And you would have to paint the car until they think of something else to get you on.Thanks for your advice on looking up the old thread, But I will stick with this one I was not able to log on at the time the other thread was made.

sincitysump

Reaction
I have very few post but I do read daily.

J_Dog

Reaction
I don't race 5-1600, but I do race 7S. Look at what the split has done to our class. By having 7S and 7SX, there is about 3-4 trucks in each class per race (if they're lucky). More classes = less racers per class = less prize money = lower entries = no class (eventually). Always adding more classe to make everyone happy ruins the sport. ENFORCE the rules we have. If you break the rules, you get DQ'd. Don't cry about it, follow the rules, or suffer the consequences. There is always going to be someone with more money and a faster car, but they don't always win. Do a good prep and beat the man with all the money and enjoy the victory for the little man. Just my $.02

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Hey isnt this post about MRD not MDR
So whats everyone complaining about how many of you race MRD

CHASE550

Reaction
J_dog thanks for the support, it really helps other understand what we are talking about, expecially fron another classes stand point.

And just for the record both micro stub cars in MRD are Score legal car Art Tech has gone over both the cars every race.

Dan,
Jeff Sack called Patricia from MDR and she said class 6 is not temporrary they will run it from now on, so therfore I do not Know where you got your info.

kurt

Reaction
I was contacted about what to do with the class and strongly disagreed with splitting the class up. Just when MDR starting getting 9-10 cars every race the class gets split because of a few whiners, it flat out SUCKS, IMHO. If the car is legal by the SCORE rule book then it should race class 5-1600, if those without micro-stubs feel disadvantage then step up or go race sportsman, but don't go splitting the class! I won the MDR 2000 Sportsman class championship & the MDR 2001 5-1600 class championship with a 5-1600 legal car without micro-stubs, last year (2002) raced only 2 MDR races and won the Lucerne 400, against cars with micro-stubs. Micro-stubs are an advantage but there is a heck of alot more that goes into winning a race then just that, who won the 5/1600 class at the last MDR race? - a none micro stub 5-1600! The class should be kept as one, not split!

Kurt Puhl
#577 - Zip-Tie Racing

SuperDave - your quote, "instead of posting your opinions on a website in which few racers read" - get a clue! We read we just may not post that much, until something pisses us off!!!

Fish - "MRD" = Many Rank Decisions

WFODAN

Reaction
All of the info that I posted came straight from a conversation I had with Patricia before the 600 class was created . I told her I thought it was a bad Idea from a racers standpoint , but 5/1600 isn't my class . She only did what the majority wanted . She also based her decision on Art himself . She asked him what was legal and what wasn't and discussed the options directly with him . So I believe there was more to this then just " Oh let's make some crybabies happy " . I say if you guys don't want to race 600 then don't race it . Make a stand , band together and come up with a better idea . In my own opinion I believe that racing has too many classes as it is already and some need to go , but unfortunately the decisions are not mine to make . Call her up and let her know how you feel !! If the majority feels the same way she will do something about it . If it just two or three drivers in the class feel the same way as you and ten feel the other way , then you're out of luck . A phone call or conversation with a positive attitude will go alot farther then bitching about something . Get the class together and try it .

As for the comment about what Score did to 7s ........That is a totally different deal . I was at the 7s teams meeting at Hardin , and what was decided by the drivers never came to pass in the rule book . Did they kill the class ?? For their own series , yes they did . The drivers clearly showed Score that they were not happy that their solution to the 7s class was ignored . They still show that to this day by the decline in entries in 7s for the Score series . That's why I say to get the class together and take a vote . If you can show her this is not what the class as a whole wants then she will change it to what you do want , but like I also said if you are part of the minority then you have to deal with that too .

Dan Vance

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
You say race sportsman what is the differnce if they are 600 or sportsman .Art dont have a say in anything he has to ask bill savige.Thats why they used to have class reps .Back in the day the class got togather and the decided on the rules. You say ask the drivers well as it looks there are more 600 cars.a real 5-16 and if they were to vote your micro would be out.The point of all this is becouse they didnt let the rest of the class know the rules were going to change.The minority rules.I have raced this class for a long time and i want to race it again .If you have the bugget to spend the big money go race a 1600 or a 5 car.This is why it called LIMITED classes not UNLIMITED. We won that race with a 15 year old car.Its as old school as you can get .Yes we need to step up but lets not kill the class with money.I got to drive the car the first 4 laps .I havent drove the car in 5 years.I was going to buy the car for this year but there was not anough cars racing. i like to race .Dave you are rite about one thing they need to get to gether as a group and talk about it.Thanks Dennis,11 Brothers racing