• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 6100 430hp - 525 Engine Change?

doug969

Might be in another thread on here, but are there any solid rumors of BITD allowing the 525hp package like SCORE?

Fourstroker

Done with the Class 1 already?

Robert Mason

Doubtful. Ford is already having a hard time finding a motor to compete with the 430hp Ls3. In all honesty the 430 and 525 arent as different as you would think. Definitely not a 95 horsepower difference.

doug969

Doubtful. Ford is already having a hard time finding a motor to compete with the 430hp Ls3. In all honesty the 430 and 525 arent as different as you would think. Definitely not a 95 horsepower difference.
Thank you! The Ford money and support does help make his decisions.

Bdub 1020

Sounds like another class , back runners with money needed DI and 25k Transaxels to have an advantage haha. It sucks when you build something and then the rules change only to spend thousands again. Carry on and I hope the big spenders don't get it changed lol. Im a Chevy guy but Ford does rock in BITD

doug969

Bdub, My questions are only to see what engine package I would need if I decide to go in this class

Bdub 1020

Totally understand, just being sarcastic. One thing you should understand is that in a spec class it seems to be people that are willing to spend to get and advantage have a way of getting rules changed or cheat lol. Casey and Ford cannot be bought yet haha. Good luck were waiting for the spec V 8 buggy class.

doug969

They have a spec V8 buggy class.... its called Sportsman! :) Sorry just be sarcastic.

Jeffers909

For 2017 MORE will be promoting the 6100 class as the Spec LS3 engine class, open wheel buggies with Turnkey sealed LS3's are welcome to come race in 6100 at MORE! Trucks have no advantage at MORE's true desert races.

doug969

For 2017 MORE will be promoting the 6100 class as the Spec LS3 engine class, open wheel buggies with Turnkey sealed LS3's are welcome to come race in 6100 at MORE! Trucks have no advantage at MORE's true desert races.
The 430 hp LS3 correct Cody?

51rcr

they both go in the same hole. By the time ya need it you can buy what they would spec for the year. I would doubt a change. That's 35 plus trucks being forced to changed also would be a way to look at it.

ACME

They have a spec V8 buggy class.... its called Sportsman! :) Sorry just be sarcastic.
Worm: Please don't drag the good sportsman racers into another V8 spec class debate! We all know what's needed is 6 more spec V8 pro classes for the special interest crowds: Spec V8 Truck, Truggy & Buggy under $50K, Over $50K but that doesn't want to compete against faster teams :confused:, and everyone gets a trophy! Kinda being sarcastic...

On topic: It would be nice if the rules for the classes were consistent across the orgs and locked down for a period of time rather than constantly evolving due to lobbying. It'd make guys considering classes decisions easier and keep a majority of the guys already invested happier. I look forward to seeing a new filly in the SR stables...

Jeffers909

Yes the BITD approved LS3. No reason the 6100 class should only be for trucks. At least on courses that aren't groomed for speed anyway. MORE home of the "No Blade Guarantee"

Last edited:

Robert Mason

What are the issues with the 5.0 Coyote and the 430hp?
No issues with the 430 hp Ls3. The Coyote is hard to package and makes its power at a higher rpm which does not work well with the available gear ratios in my opinion. Only a couple trucks have been raced with a Coyote motor. Ford then played with a few different old school small blocks with not much reliability. The latest rules allow either the Coyote, 3.5 Ecoboost or LS3 430 in BITD. We have built trucks with all 3 engines. For the price, power, ease of packing and reliability I would choose the Ls3 all day long.

Steve_Sourapas

I agree with Robert. Why would BITD change their rules as they are getting 2 to 3 times the entries that Score is.

bajadreamer

This is a stupid question but why not the 6.2 raptor motor? A little tuning and 450hp + ... is it to heavy? Not enough to go around? ... again I'm sure it's a stupid question ;)

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Kyle D

This is a stupid question but why not the 6.2 raptor motor? A little tuning and 450hp + ... is it to heavy? Not enough to go around? ... again I'm sure it's a stupid question ;)

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today
I am just an outsider looking in but that makes so much sense to offer two different 6.2L option by different manufacturers that there is no way it could work or even be considered. Haha