class 6200 rule change

desert12carracer

Reaction
just found out that bitd has changed the rules again for class 6200. 4 cylinder engines are now open with no tagging but all other engines still will need to be specs and tagged. that is great 2 weeks before parker and the 2019 rule book still has all the old rules not to fair.

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
just found out that bitd has changed the rules again for class 6200. 4 cylinder engines are now open with no tagging but all other engines still will need to be specs and tagged. that is great 2 weeks before parker and the 2019 rule book still has all the old rules not to fair.
where did you see this?

azjeepracer

Reaction
so does that mean that the 4 cylinder 6200 cars and wide open to do whatever they want modification wise?

MTPyle

Reaction
if that's true I don't see the big deal. You cant have forced induction so how much power can you really make with a 4cyl naturally aspirated engine, maybe 250hp? It would be lighter for sure but less power. It would be more like a 10 car. Which I guess begs the question why? LOL I started this post thinking who cares but then now I am wondering why would they let anything less than a stock V8 in 6200? isn't 6200 a spec class and meant to take 1 cars and make them 6200?

Mike

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
if that's true I don't see the big deal. You cant have forced induction so how much power can you really make with a 4cyl naturally aspirated engine, maybe 250hp? It would be lighter for sure but less power. It would be more like a 10 car. Which I guess begs the question why? LOL I started this post thinking who cares but then now I am wondering why would they let anything less than a stock V8 in 6200? isn't 6200 a spec class and meant to take 1 cars and make them 6200?

Mike
its a 2.3 EcoBOOST it's a turbo motor makes significantly more power then a 10 car, but still less then a stock LS3, So I am sure BITD is looking to close the gap between the two

MTPyle

Reaction
That seems like a bad idea. Letting a un tagged un regulated Turbo 4cyl into a spec class makes no sense. with modifications I am sure it can make more power than the LS3, and way lighter. I think I saw somewhere the 2.3 Ecoboost can make up to 600hp with mods.

having a non tagged engine in a spec class is silly, especially Forced induction.

Mike

ICR Racing 1044

Reaction
That seems like a bad idea. Letting a un tagged un regulated Turbo 4cyl into a spec class makes no sense. with modifications I am sure it can make more power than the LS3, and way lighter. I think I saw somewhere the 2.3 Ecoboost can make up to 600hp with mods.

having a non tagged engine in a spec class is silly, especially Forced induction.

Mike
yea you could make it 600 HP, but then try make it last 425 miles not going to happen. Besides if had that budget you wouldn't be running a 4cyl in 6200 in the first place lol

Robin Hood

Reaction
If lighter with smaller motors were faster you wouldn't have 5000lb, V8 class one cars and 6000lb, V8 TT.

MTPyle

Reaction