Class 7/7200 Coalition starting to gain some traction

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
Just wanted to get the word out to try and help out the attempt to resurrect Class 7/7200 in the States and see if others may be able to help as well.

So far this year we have had some decent success with turnout at SNORE races. Much better than we had anticipated. More entries than we have seen in years. SNORE making the most sense due to their entry fees and willingness to work with us and allow a place to give this experiment a try.

The intent was to revive the older trucks and expand what racers think is a class 7/7200 truck. Some may not agree with what we have done but that is fine. Positive input is always welcome.

SNORE was gracious enough to adjust their rules to favor older trucks. The main rules are V6 (NA or forced induction (after market is fine)) or smaller (meaning a 4 cylinder is good, NA or forced induction), no tagging or spec engine needed. 87" width, but we could look at making exceptions and even change this rule if there was an old truck that needed it to race. And a 5 speed transmission max. That is basically it.

So class 7s, 6000, some 2000s, TL, 7, 7200, some 600 trucks, some prerunners, 3000 trucks, etc. can all come out and race SNORE Class 7/7200 and many have already started to. And with the current rules they can be competitive. Essentially we have merged a couple of limited classes that have been hurting for entries, that are similar in speed and race times, into a catch all class.

Again the intent was to get back to the original budget minded limited class intent and bring out the many older trucks that have been parked not being competitive anymore. I am sure some of the newer trucks will not be happy they don't meet these rules, but the class was essentially dead and we needed to do something to revive it within the confines of the current rule structure and not create another new class. So the needs and wants of the many took precedence. We looked at some of the other Baja organizations that have had success bringing out class 7 trucks and thought we needed to do something different in the Sates to do better as well.

I have reached out to the racers I could find, but I am sure there are many others with old trucks not thinking about the option of changing classes and racing again. So if you know someone with a race truck please spread the word. I am happy to help in anyway.

michael.gonzalez

RDC Crypto
Website
www.facebook.com
Just wanted to get the word out to try and help out the attempt to resurrect Class 7/7200 in the States and see if others may be able to help as well.

So far this year we have had some decent success with turnout at SNORE races. Much better than we had anticipated. More entries than we have seen in years. SNORE making the most sense due to their entry fees and willingness to work with us and allow a place to give this experiment a try.

The intent was to revive the older trucks and expand what racers think is a class 7/7200 truck. Some may not agree with what we have done but that is fine. Positive input is always welcome.

SNORE was gracious enough to adjust their rules to favor older trucks. The main rules are V6 (NA or forced induction (after market is fine)) or smaller (meaning a 4 cylinder is good, NA or forced induction), no tagging or spec engine needed. 87" width, but we could look at making exceptions and even change this rule if there was an old truck that needed it to race. And a 5 speed transmission max. That is basically it.

So class 7s, 6000, some 2000s, TL, 7, 7200, some 600 trucks, some prerunners, 3000 trucks, etc. can all come out and race SNORE Class 7/7200 and many have already started to. And with the current rules they can be competitive. Essentially we have merged a couple of limited classes that have been hurting for entries, that are similar in speed and race times, into a catch all class.

Again the intent was to get back to the original budget minded limited class intent and bring out the many older trucks that have been parked not being competitive anymore. I am sure some of the newer trucks will not be happy they don't meet these rules, but the class was essentially dead and we needed to do something to revive it within the confines of the current rule structure and not create another new class. So the needs and wants of the many took precedence. We looked at some of the other Baja organizations that have had success bringing out class 7 trucks and thought we needed to do something different in the Sates to do better as well.

I have reached out to the racers I could find, but I am sure there are many others with old trucks not thinking about the option of changing classes and racing again. So if you know someone with a race truck please spread the word. I am happy to help in anyway.
Hmm. Might have to get my dad's old 7 truck back up and running.

87" width with that Esslinger 4 cylinder makes for lots of possibilities!

Advertising supports this site

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
To me it seams that you only singled out 1 truck with the 5 speed transmission rule and that's the Ridgeline...
Not the only one, but definitely the most expensive one. But even that truck isn’t legal for all race organizations now.

Again the intent was and is to try and get back, somewhat, to the limited budget minded roots.

I appreciate your feedback.

EL ROMAN

RDC Crypto
Looks like the engine rules are the major change. Am I reading that right, aftermarket FI is allowed? I haven't purchased my new motor yet, maybe I'll give it some thought if you can turbo any V6.

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
Looks like the engine rules are the major change. Am I reading that right, aftermarket FI is allowed? I haven't purchased my new motor yet, maybe I'll give it some thought if you can turbo any V6.
You are correct.

The idea was to allow aftermarket FI of a stock engine to give that option to gain HP instead of the cost of a built race engine.

Trying to get back to the roots of a truly limited budget class by reducing the costs.

Good luck and hope to see you out there!

racedoc

RDC Crypto
We’ve come out a few times this year primarily because there have been more trucks to race with. Thanks for getting this deal going Mike / SNORE.

OFFRD-JNKIE

RDC Crypto
Not the only one, but definitely the most expensive one. But even that truck isn’t legal for all race organizations now.

Again the intent was and is to try and get back, somewhat, to the limited budget minded roots.

I appreciate your feedback.
Why is it only about budget or most expensive? We all know that it takes more than money or the highest dollar truck to win a race as evident by Rob Macs 500 win in a 14 year old truck at the 500. Dan Chamlee has shown many times over it's not about money. What's your beef with Honda?

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
Is there a V6 midsized Mafia that continues to ruin this class...??? What moron ever thought a 4 cylinder MINI truck, can out run a midsized V6....???

J Prich

RDC Crypto
The Greens of the world make me appreciate people like Matt Helton so much more. Instead of crying about stuff he doesn't really want to do anyway, Matt will build it, show up, and make some people feel bad about their trucks, lol.

Anyway, I personally think this is cool and it's been nice to see the increased class turnout for SNORE races. I would guess that unless this thing really blows up, this isn't really where the Honda guys are trying to race anyway so I would assume the pushback against a rule that keeps them out is academic. I'm a fan of any class that provides a lower cost threshold entry point for trucks so hopefully this continues to evolve.

jon coleman

in n out.double double w cheese
RDC Crypto
make this class 7 revival idea more junk yard friendly!, if i can go to ecology and find plentiful , cheep go faster than my skill level parts, they then should NOT be a problem for the class, v6 engines are EvErYwHeRe😵

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
make this class 7 revival idea more junk yard friendly!, if i can go to ecology and find plentiful , cheep go faster than my skill level parts, they then should NOT be a problem for the class, v6 engines are EvErYwHeRe😵
So, I should build my motor like Micheal says, and then race against guys that can't replace a blown head gasket....???

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
The Greens of the world make me appreciate people like Matt Helton so much more. Instead of crying about stuff he doesn't really want to do anyway, Matt will build it, show up, and make some people feel bad about their trucks, lol.

Anyway, I personally think this is cool and it's been nice to see the increased class turnout for SNORE races. I would guess that unless this thing really blows up, this isn't really where the Honda guys are trying to race anyway so I would assume the pushback against a rule that keeps them out is academic. I'm a fan of any class that provides a lower cost threshold entry point for trucks so hopefully this continues to evolve.

I've raced against Matt Helton's 1450 truck, HAVE YOU.....???? What's your point...???