Class 7/7200 Coalition starting to gain some traction

green787

RDC Crypto
Website
realsound.us
That your engine isn't your truck's problem... (Probably)

Just accept the times passed it by. It's ok, it's called progress. Maybe someone will build a Ford Maverick Mini Truck for you to race against.
So, the original post is pure BS...??? I thought I read something about bringing back old trucks that had been put out to pasture....??? So they ruin the class for me, just like they ruined it 20 years ago.....??? That's brilliant...!!! That alone will surely bring back a flock of old school 4 banger 7s trucks...!!!!

Advertising supports this site

Evans Motorsports

RDC Crypto
You are correct.

The idea was to allow aftermarket FI of a stock engine to give that option to gain HP instead of the cost of a built race engine.

Trying to get back to the roots of a truly limited budget class by reducing the costs.

Good luck and hope to see you out there!
I like what your trying Mike. Evans Racing Ran 7200 for years before tube chassis and Nascar V6 motors where allowed. We went from running Junk Yard Ford Ranger motors $600.00 to $1200.00 motors To V^ Nascar Bush Series rebuilt motors that cost $30,000.00, I believe the width rule was 85 inches ( Now 87 Great ). By the way the high cost of these motors made my decision to move on to Class 8. Now Class 8 is Dying or Dead, However many of us who still have Class 8 trucks are looking to revitalize this class. Class 8 Coalition (Owners of Class 8 Trucks 76 members) on FB and we also have Class 8, Desert Racing Full Size Trucks (Open to people who enjoy the Class 8 Trucks)
Several of us are looking at different ways to make the racing more afforadable. so far thenumber 1 cost was entry Fees if Racing Score or BITD ( Most of the Race Organizations are for Profit! and cost 3 time the amount excluding Legacy Racing, Vorra who are only 2 times the cost. The not for profit Member Owned and Run Groups are $750 to $850 per event entry with comparable payouts for placing. Like you! We are recommending everyone decide upon a group that's more affordable to race with. Snore and MORE seam to have the most centralized events with about payouts and very close entry fees.

I was wondering if you still allow still the V6 motors?
I noticed BITD has now allowed the LS3 V8 motor (8-10K new cost) in there class, it sounds like you don't allow the V8
I assume both tube chassis and frame rail trucks are allowed.
The outside track Width went from 85 to 87!

Last edited:

Speedster

RDC Crypto
@Frye Racing would the OG Bajalite 4cyl (class 7-2 / class 3000) truck be allowed in this class? Or does there need to be some part of an OEM frame or body intact?

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
I think BITD is allowing the 430 LS3 do you think SNORE will follow suit with that?
Great question. Short answer is no, as that was a different intent back when we lobbied for the BITD 7200 rule change.

Here is the reason and history behind BITD's rule change. We had about 15 + trucks that wanted the rules that BITD now has for 7200. Those are the rules we came up and asked BITD to make and they said no. But a year or two later they made the changes we had asked for and never told anyone or announced it, so it was frankly too little too late. Those guys that wanted those rules moved on. This was right after BITD changed the 6100 rules and made them spec TT. There were a ton of old 6100's with 430 engines and 37" tires, that couldn't afford the changes and wanted to keep the old class rules, as they were more budget minded rules. A bunch of old larger 7200 trucks wanted to change to the 430 engine and also wanted to include the old 6100 LS 430, 37" trucks. It would have been a lot of racers. Which would have made sense. But again BITD said no at the time and then opted to sale the old 6100 rules to trophy lite and allow them to create a 6800 class, but that has never panned out...sadly a great opportunity missed by BITD.

So sense all those racers that were told no by BITD moved on. We decided to go smaller instead of larger as there are more smaller trucks out there than larger trucks. Or at least it seems that way.

So you could say we went for a smaller 7200 and BITD is a larger 7200.

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
I like what your trying Mike. Evans Racing Ran 7200 for years before tube chassis and Nascar V6 motors where allowed. We went from running Junk Yard Ford Ranger motors $600.00 to $1200.00 motors To V^ Nascar Bush Series rebuilt motors that cost $30,000.00, I believe the width rule was 85 inches ( Now 87 Great ). By the way the high cost of these motors made my decision to move on to Class 8. Now Class 8 is Dying or Dead, However many of us who still have Class 8 trucks are looking to revitalize this class. Class 8 Coalition (Owners of Class 8 Trucks 76 members) on FB and we also have Class 8, Desert Racing Full Size Trucks (Open to people who enjoy the Class 8 Trucks)
Several of us are looking at different ways to make the racing more afforadable. so far thenumber 1 cost was entry Fees if Racing Score or BITD ( Most of the Race Organizations are for Profit! and cost 3 time the amount excluding Legacy Racing, Vorra who are only 2 times the cost. The not for profit Member Owned and Run Groups are $750 to $850 per event entry with comparable payouts for placing. Like you! We are recommending everyone decide upon a group that's more affordable to race with. Snore and MORE seam to have the most centralized events with about payouts and very close entry fees.

I was wondering if you still allow still the V6 motors?
I noticed BITD has now allowed the LS3 V8 motor (8-10K new cost) in there class, it sounds like you don't allow the V8
I assume both tube chassis and frame rail trucks are allowed.
The outside track Width went from 85 to 87!
Another great question.

I totally agree with you on class 8. I believe your communication with others in the class is key. Just letting guys know where guys will be racing so they know where they can as well. Racers bread Racers. Good luck! I believe cost is key to the viability of racing for 99% of the racers.

Yes, Macrae Glass is running that NASCAR engine in Al Hogan's old truck and has done great. You are right it is an expensive engine to maintain. We had good luck when we used to run it after we got Adam Wik to rebuild ours. But it is not cheap to run, and a lot of guys had such bad luck with it they stopped racing altogether. Which was a bummer.

No V8 see my explanation above.

Tube, frame, whatever you got is good.

Yes the track width changed a few years back to include the SCORE racers as that was their rule.

I appreciate your input!

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
@Frye Racing would the OG Bajalite 4cyl (class 7-2 / class 3000) truck be allowed in this class? Or does there need to be some part of an OEM frame or body intact?
YES! Perfect question.

Phil Casey and Fish are running their Bajalite 4cyl with an after market turbo. That truck is a perfect example. I asked Casey if he would do a turbo for us, he said no...sand bagger...lol

They are part of the initial guys that prompted me to try and help revive the class. So they need to be given a lot of credit along with Austin Smith.

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
Why is it only about budget or most expensive? We all know that it takes more than money or the highest dollar truck to win a race as evident by Rob Macs 500 win in a 14 year old truck at the 500. Dan Chamlee has shown many times over it's not about money. What's your beef with Honda?
I agree with you. I have beat Robby Gordan in my old class 7200 truck when I ran it as a TT because he broke down. Chamlee just beat them at the last race. I have beat the Honda truck back when we raced as well before, but that was in my largest 7200 truck. I highly doubt Honda would even spend the money to show up to a small race organization. But it wasn't worth the risk, as previous history has proven in BITD, SCORE, etc., as we are appealing to smaller older grass roots privateer trucks and teams not the larger trucks and teams. Essentially the back bone of grass roots racing is the budget and limitations on the classes.

Great question. Thanks for your input.

Gittere

RDC Crypto
Great question. Short answer is no, as that was a different intent back when we lobbied for the BITD 7200 rule change.

Here is the reason and history behind BITD's rule change. We had about 15 + trucks that wanted the rules that BITD now has for 7200. Those are the rules we came up and asked BITD to make and they said no. But a year or two later they made the changes we had asked for and never told anyone or announced it, so it was frankly too little too late. Those guys that wanted those rules moved on. This was right after BITD changed the 6100 rules and made them spec TT. There were a ton of old 6100's with 430 engines and 37" tires, that couldn't afford the changes and wanted to keep the old class rules, as they were more budget minded rules. A bunch of old larger 7200 trucks wanted to change to the 430 engine and also wanted to include the old 6100 LS 430, 37" trucks. It would have been a lot of racers. Which would have made sense. But again BITD said no at the time and then opted to sale the old 6100 rules to trophy lite and allow them to create a 6800 class, but that has never panned out...sadly a great opportunity missed by BITD.

So sense all those racers that were told no by BITD moved on. We decided to go smaller instead of larger as there are more smaller trucks out there than larger trucks. Or at least it seems that way.

So you could say we went for a smaller 7200 and BITD is a larger 7200.
OK I was asking because I have a truck that has the right config for 7200 with the LS and I was thinking about turning my wife loose on it in SNORE...

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
OK I was asking because I have a truck that has the right config for 7200 with the LS and I was thinking about turning my wife loose on it in SNORE...
You could race in class 600, sportsman truck, or even maybe even class 6100, depending.

If it is a steel cab the steel cab series guys have been having a great turn out, 1450 and 2000. And earlier in this thread class 8 is trying to get some traction as well.

I am happy to help if you need anything.

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
was just going to ask the same thing. Doesnt say anything about motor manufacture matching body of the truck
Sorry if not answering these in order but I want to try and answer all questions.

You are right engine manufacturer doesn’t need to match the truck.

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
Too bad mid sized V6 trucks are included.... No reason to race against them someone once said, if you don't plan to win....
Not sure what you mean. Right now all the trucks are super competitive. And there is a mix of V6 and 4 cyl. I know it is hard to tell by the results if you don’t know each truck personally and know what engine is in it. The 4cyls are lighter and faster on some tracks (tight and technical) and the V6 have more travel and faster on rougher tracks.

I have tracked these race results for years, which is why I included trucks that would be competitive to race against each other.

As it stands right now. With the 10 trucks or so we have had race it is really anyones race to win. It is really more of a drivers class right now as they are all so close.

It is like Pistol Pete used to say. A great driver in a mediocre truck can still beat a mediocre driver in a great truck.

I appreciate your input.

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
The Greens of the world make me appreciate people like Matt Helton so much more. Instead of crying about stuff he doesn't really want to do anyway, Matt will build it, show up, and make some people feel bad about their trucks, lol.

Anyway, I personally think this is cool and it's been nice to see the increased class turnout for SNORE races. I would guess that unless this thing really blows up, this isn't really where the Honda guys are trying to race anyway so I would assume the pushback against a rule that keeps them out is academic. I'm a fan of any class that provides a lower cost threshold entry point for trucks so hopefully this continues to evolve.
Thanks for your support!

Frye Racing

RDC Crypto
Is there a V6 midsized Mafia that continues to ruin this class...??? What moron ever thought a 4 cylinder MINI truck, can out run a midsized V6....???
You must not have ever tracked the race results over multiple years, multiple classes, multiple drivers, finishing rates, different tracks and compared them against each other.

But that is understandable as most haven’t. So I understand why you think that.

But the reality is many 4cyls trucks have beaten many V6s over the years.

Your point is appreciated though as I am sure others have the same questions.