• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 7/7200 Subaru Forester

dsmith13

I know it's unrelated to the Subaru, but love the orange on the Lexus! Is that paint or a wrap?

pontoontodd

That rear articulation is sick.
Are you going to build inner fenders and/or reroute the intake?
Build a prerunner style bumper?
Can't wait to see videos of you hammering out some whoops.

Jeremiah Stewart

I know it's unrelated to the Subaru, but love the orange on the Lexus! Is that paint or a wrap?
Thanks! It is wrapped in 3m Gloss Liquid Copper.
That rear articulation is sick.
Are you going to build inner fenders and/or reroute the intake?
Build a prerunner style bumper?
Can't wait to see videos of you hammering out some whoops.
I will eventually do all of that!

Update:
Since last time I posted, I installed a Mishimoto transmission cooler, coolant expansion bottle, a bugeye WRX hoodscoop and JDM FSTI spoiler. I also cut out the hatch and made a simple tire carrier. I did all of that in March and then just rallied the Forester up until the transmission failed. It has just been sitting for the last few months. My plan is to try out a 5 speed manual and see how it works with the 33's. I'll be using a WRX 5sp converted to a 4.44 ring and pinion. I could use an FXT 5sp which already has 4.44 gears but the first gear ratio is actually higher in that than the WRX trans, so by converting the WRX trans, I'll have a lower overall ratio. We'll see how it works; I don't do any crawling in this car so It shouldn't matter much unless I end up in sand or mud.

I also weighed the Forester:
Total: 3860lbs
Front: 2060lbs
Rear: 1800lbs

Ruffstuff specialties came on as a build sponsor, so soon I'll order a sway bar kit from them to help with my massive body roll. I'll need to get new springs too, they are much too soft. Lots to do this winter!

IMG_20190330_132355_083 by jeremiah stewart, on Flickr

DSC01443 by jeremiah stewart, on Flickr

DSC01672 by jeremiah stewart, on Flickr

DSC03041-Pano-Edit by jeremiah stewart, on Flickr

DSC01827 by jeremiah stewart, on Flickr

DSC03001 by jeremiah stewart, on Flickr

Heres a link to a little video we made for fun. My friend was driving and I was filming, so it's all a little slower than I wanted due to his mechanical sympathy and fear of breaking the Tecater.

pontoontodd

Can't wait to see what it can really do when you get the suspension tuned better! If you need someone to drive it harder while you film it next time I can offer my services...