Class 7, 7s and 9 rules

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
I used to have a link to a site that gave the exact specs of what a car is allowed to and not allowed to have for every class but I cant remember it. So if anyone could send me a link or knows exactly what class 7,7s and 9's specs are suspension,engine and so on mods are please respond or if its to long EMAIL me at Cbajagrl@aol.com thank you all very much

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
which sanction body do you want. if you go to bitd they have it up on their web site. Score you might have to send in for it.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

martininsocal

Reaction
Well, first you have to decide if you are going to follow the rule book or not, many don't. the rules for 7 open are pretty much standard with the only controls being must use stock frame, suspension springing system is open, motor size is limited and there is a limit on width and engine placement.

7s is suppose to use stock suspension pieces in stock configuration, they can be reinforced, but not bent, cut and rewelded, etc... but everyone uses bent I-beams, modified a-arms, etc... there are wheel travel limits of 12 front and 16 rear and you can use air bumps. Engine size is limited to what ever the latest big chevy V-6 is. You have to use original springing systems.

Class 9 (Originally Challenger) calls for maximum of 100" wheelbase. Front suspension is limited to VW ball joint front suspension, shock must mount in stock location, resevoirs are allowed. You can weld 1-1 1/2" tube from one shock tower to the other. You can install travel limiters. Rear suspension is limited
to type 1 swing axle. Single shock with a maximum length of 32"s and max diameter of 2.5"s. Engine is limited to 1585cc's with maximum compression of 7.5 :1, single 30 pict carb on single port VW cast heads, no porting or polishing allowed. there are some other little tidbits for each class, but you need a rule book to build a car.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

JCA

Reaction
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

7s is suppose to use stock suspension pieces in stock configuration, they can be reinforced, but not bent, cut and rewelded, etc... but everyone uses bent I-beams, modified a-arms, etc... there are wheel travel limits of 12 front and 16 rear and you can use air bumps. Engine size is limited to what ever the latest big chevy V-6 is. You have to use original springing systems.

<hr></blockquote>

Actuall the rear is limited by max spring length but all the travel you can get from it.

here is the link for the BITD rule book. SCORE varies some (like motor size for 7s) but their rulebook is not online and has to be bought.

www.andrewsracing.com

drtdevil93

Reaction
i believe the max spring length went up. it usually goes off the longest production spring available in any of the trucks, and i think the new dodge dakotas are 58.5". previous limit was 57.5". this is just what i heard, so you should probably check before building your 7s to erik's specs instead of score or BITD's.

erik

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
[but everyone uses bent I-beams, modified a-arms, etc...] NOT everybody!!!

[Engine size is limited to what ever the latest big chevy V-6 is.] only score is 4.3L and I think it is going back to 3.0

Rear has no limit on travel but you are supposed to use stock shackles and spring length, but the max is always around 18"

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

robert_encinas

Reaction
7s does in fact have a new motor rule, which will be in effect starting at laughlin.
owners of trucks in this class should be informed of this. stock heads, comp. ratio limit, etc.