Class 7 - 7SX

DeCampRacing

Reaction
Can someone please explain the difference of these two classes without too much detail?? Thanks in advance.

Joser1726

Reaction
Ok, the class 7sx has a sx after the 7.. sorry if i used too much detail jajaja joke.

Class 7sx has limits to suspension travel and you have to keep all suspension mounts in the same stock location. motor limit is a 4.0 V6 engine.

Class 7 is basically unlimited. must retain chasis, V6 motor limit, coilovers etc

Last edited:

WORCS332

Reaction
^^^^ that is pretty much the basic version... Then you got 7s!!! haha

Joser1726

Reaction
Thx. What about Class 6??

Which of the three would be the best class to start out in?

definitely the 7s class, well for starters it helps you learn how to read the terrain to keep the speed up, u learn how to hit jumps cause of the limited suspension and its cheaper to start racing.

class 6 is almost the same as class 7 the diference is class six does not need to have a stock chasis. its a mess, but its fun to run these mini trucks. also say you race a 7s truck, you can run in the RECORD series the Ensenada to San Felipe race and there is about 20 7s trucks and the purse is like 5k

OldGreen

Reaction
Stock Mini, 7300: Stock everything, no reinforcing. Only thing open is shocks and internal motor mods, but the motor isn't the limiting factor.
7s/sx/7100: Stock Frame, Stock suspension (reinforced), front travel limit to 12", Motor rules depending on series/class
7 open: Stock Frame, open suspension, width restriction
6/7200: OPEN. . .width and 6cyl motor are the only limits. Mini-Trophy Trucks.

Start in 7s. We started in 7300 and are happy with it, but I think we would have started in 7s/7100 if we had it to do over.

randy s

Reaction
pick yourself up a 7s truck and race in sportsman class. there's one or two nice trucks in the ads.

DeCampRacing

Reaction
Stock Mini, 7300: Stock everything, no reinforcing. Only thing open is shocks and internal motor mods, but the motor isn't the limiting factor.
7s/sx/7100: Stock Frame, Stock suspension (reinforced), front travel limit to 12", Motor rules depending on series/class
7 open: Stock Frame, open suspension, width restriction
6/7200: OPEN. . .width and 6cyl motor are the only limits. Mini-Trophy Trucks.

Start in 7s. We started in 7300 and are happy with it, but I think we would have started in 7s/7100 if we had it to do over.

Thanks for the info. I think 7s sounds like a good way to start, I am hoping next year. I want to buy something set-up and ready to race. I am hoping the price-range is not more than $30-40k to get started.

Laurie

Reaction
It depends on how much you like your kidneys. If you like them build a class 7 or class 6.

Most 7s guys we've talk to spend just as much as we do on our 7.

ACME

Reaction
Buy one of Pete's TL's or get a 9 car, they're the best bang for the buck and well within your budget...

randy s

Reaction
Thanks for the info. I think 7s sounds like a good way to start, I am hoping next year. I want to buy something set-up and ready to race. I am hoping the price-range is not more than $30-40k to get started.
to help give you an idea of how much 7s trucks run, the two listed in the ads are $20k and 10k. both look competitive. my truck started off as a 7s and we've since spent a ton on it and now it's an open 7 configuration. we still like racing in sportsman class with it. we only race mexican SCORE races and don't want to enter the pro class to cloud up the points race in open 7 by racing only a couple of events a year and besides that, the chamlees' new truck is way too fast for us.....but only by a little bit so far.

DeCampRacing

Reaction
Thanks for all the feedback. I will make a point to look more closely at the differences in the trucks at this years 1000. I am pumped to get into this!

randy s

Reaction
by the way. you'd be best served by buying a ranger in my opinion.

DeCampRacing

Reaction
Buy one of Pete's TL's or get a 9 car, they're the best bang for the buck and well within your budget...

Would you buy a used car from this man???

Brandt_Anderson

"Rag Doll"
Reaction
yea thats a hole other can of worms , 7sx is more popular than 7s

They're pretty much the same thing. 7sx only exists in SCORE, which doesn't have a separate 7s class anymore. The only difference then was 7s was limited to 3.0L.

There are some minor differences in the rules between race organizations, but when someone is talking about 7s, 7sx or 7100 they're pretty much talking about the same class.

Wahl_7s

Reaction
7s-7100 is a good starting point its fun. lotta good guys, lot of support from other 7s racers and I think its a driver class ah la class1600,9,12. but i think to start your better off buying something ready to go, you cannot build one for 30,000 from scratch,make sure the truck is sound. good basic stuff, cage,shocks,motor 4.0 SOHC,trans C4.Just good basic fab work.You can build on that. Don't worry about that kidney thing it only hurts for a little while:D

OldGreen

Reaction
The only thing that really hurts is when a trophy truck punts you. :)