Class 7 - 7SX

JasonHutter

Reaction
Here you go, this is the view out our 7s truck at the Battle at Primm this year........ Sorry, it was the winning Toyota though!:D

Jason

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VKZu49l8wM"]YouTube - Battle @ Primm 7s Saturday[/ame]

Wahl_7s

Reaction
so is BITD the only ones that dont call a 7s by its God givin name
Ya I think because Sal wouldn't let him use Trophy Truck he switched it all up.Although he (Casey Folks) says there friends and they talk.. Casey does things his way.As it should be, it's his series.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
so is BITD the only ones that dont call a 7s by its God givin name

Not the only one, MDR refers to 7s as "725." They also have the sportsman 775 class but that's nothing but a bunch of ridiculous nonsense.

DeCampRacing

Reaction
7s-7100 is a good starting point its fun. lotta good guys, lot of support from other 7s racers and I think its a driver class ah la class1600,9,12. but i think to start your better off buying something ready to go, you cannot build one for 30,000 from scratch,make sure the truck is sound. good basic stuff, cage,shocks,motor 4.0 SOHC,trans C4.Just good basic fab work.You can build on that. Don't worry about that kidney thing it only hurts for a little while:D

Most definitely want to buy something as close to "race ready" as possible. I like that it's a "driver class". Do you see any advantage to single cab vs. extended cab, what wheel base is best?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Most definitely want to buy something as close to "race ready" as possible. I like that it's a "driver class". Do you see any advantage to single cab vs. extended cab, what wheel base is best?

All things being equal, the longer the wheelbase the better. My experience is mainly with the Ford Ranger. The extended cab or a longbed regular cab would be the best choice. Regardless, it comes down to how well the suspension is set up. A shortbed regular cab will negate any advantage a longer wheelbase truck will have if the shocks and spring rates are dialed in.

Wahl_7s

Reaction
All things being equal, the longer the wheelbase the better. My experience is mainly with the Ford Ranger. The extended cab or a longbed regular cab would be the best choice. Regardless, it comes down to how well the suspension is set up. A shortbed regular cab will negate any advantage a longer wheelbase truck will have if the shocks and spring rates are dialed in.

X2. We run an extended cab short bed makes it easier for seat placement and good in-cab storage, tools etc... Seems to be the configuration of choice.

JasonHutter

Reaction
I don't think the TL's were having problems.......I just think that they may have had new drivers in them. I can say that we have a lot more power in our 4 banger then they run in those!

Jason

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
Curious to know.. BITD trucks class 7100.. what is the general platform and two wheel drive or 4x4?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
The BITD 7100 class is essentially the same as the SCORE 7SX class with the same suspension travel limitations. BITD has different engine rules than SCORE. The trucks can be either 2 or 4wd.

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
7sx or 7100 what do you all think is the best combo to race BITD and Baja.. the Ford extra cab short bed 2x2 or does the 4x4 create more options? How do the Toyotas do in the class?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
The longer the wheelbase the better, that usually means an extracab model. Fords or Toyotas, they both have their strong and weakpoints. It's easy to gain the maximum 12" of travel allowed with the I -beam Rangers, at the cost of bump steer and severe camber change. An A-arm Toyota or Ford doesn't have those disadvantages, but it's a lot more difficult to squeeze the maximum amount of travel out of the A-arm trucks and stay within the rules.

I think 95% of the current 7SX / 7100 trucks are 2wd. Having 4wd could be an advantage at times, but the trade offs are the extra weight and complexity of a 4wd system. Toyota or Ford, it's personal preference, a good prep and a properly set-up suspension means more in this class than the make. A good driver helps too.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
The radius arm needs to remain the stock length and mount in the stock location. You are allowed to change from bushings to a heim and add material for strength but that's it.