Reaction
A winning 7 truck

Attachments

• marksteele_14.jpg
    marksteele_14.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 81

green787

Reaction
My entire racing career was hoping to beat "trophy trucks" in my "trophy spec"...... Why not combine those two very similar classes.....???. OH NO..... We can't do that...!!!!! We want to run wrecking yard V6's against your fully built expensive as _____ race engines so you will get frustrated and go away, because we are not really racers, we are hobbyist RALLY DRIVERS and we don't understand mechanical things, we just buy them....... Don't worry, I still "get it"......

TMorford

Reaction
Yeah, motor size was the issue... Not that fangled new technology known as IFS that had been on mini trucks for over two decades prior...

green787

Reaction
Yeah, motor size was the issue... Not that fangled new technology known as IFS that had been on mini trucks for over two decades prior...
So you think if someone blows you off on the straight away, then you can catch them in the technical section with your IFS.....???? LMAO...!!!!

TMorford

Reaction
So you think if someone blows you off on the straight away, then you can catch them in the technical section with your IFS.....???? LMAO...!!!!

Swing and a miss... You said you were "racing TTs in your TT Spec" and then said they were "very similar classes" which they are aside from motor. By your own comparison, your Toyota was on the same level as other 7S or 7SX trucks aside from the motor correct? Just wondering how your solid axle with Bilstein 5100s was the same thing as a Toyota A-arm front end with big torsions and a bypass or a Ranger I-beam front end with progressive coils and a bypass? I'm sure I could do the same comparison on the rear end and my point would be even further made... Like I alluded to in the other post, the Ranger came out in 82 and Toyota ditched the straight axle in 86 so your ditch digger up front would be a much bigger hindrance than being down 2 cylinders...

green787

Reaction
Swing and a miss... You said you were "racing TTs in your TT Spec" and then said they were "very similar classes" which they are aside from motor. By your own comparison, your Toyota was on the same level as other 7S or 7SX trucks aside from the motor correct? Just wondering how your solid axle with Bilstein 5100s was the same thing as a Toyota A-arm front end with big torsions and a bypass or a Ranger I-beam front end with progressive coils and a bypass? I'm sure I could do the same comparison on the rear end and my point would be even further made... Like I alluded to in the other post, the Ranger came out in 82 and Toyota ditched the straight axle in 86 so your ditch digger up front would be a much bigger hindrance than being down 2 cylinders...
Are you the guy that passed me on my first race with a fully linked rear end sporting a 700 number??? I talked to you in the pits after the race and you explained how there was still one leaf in there somewhere.....

J Prich

Reaction
Almost impossible to have a reasonable adult convo on the internet these days. Kind of a bummer honestly.

jon coleman

Reaction
best truck i ever owned, 3 engins , 400000 miles original trans/ diff, front end ball joints& steering( yes , a Little ' loose ' when i sold it 17 years later( note speedo broke at 280k, none for around 8-9 years, started stock, flat towed for around ten years, then turned into pre runner

Attachments

• 20200407_090948.jpg
    20200407_090948.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31

firedog

Reaction
Almost impossible to have a reasonable adult convo on the internet these days. Kind of a bummer honestly.
We are stoked, where we came from, what we did and where we are headed, period! We are having fun, our friends are having fun and we do what we can when we have extra $$. We have support and when we get a few things figured out we will be back racing.

J Prich

Reaction
We are stoked, where we came from, what we did and where we are headed, period! We are having fun, our friends are having fun and we do what we can when we have extra $$. We have support and when we get a few things figured out we will be back racing.
If more people kept doing what you guys have been doing for years there wouldn’t be threads full of people complaining about the price of milk 20 years ago, etc. You guys are a case study in how to keep mini truckin alive!

firedog

Reaction
If more people kept doing what you guys have been doing for years there wouldn’t be threads full of people complaining about the price of milk 20 years ago, etc. You guys are a case study in how to keep mini truckin alive!
We are trying Prich! Our mini truck will be back, just give it some time for an unexpected big $$ purchase.