Class 7 and it's many derivatives: past, present and future

Total Loss

Reaction
For me the fun was building 22r motors.... allowing V6's killed an entire 22r rebuild industry..... And there is still no class where 4 bangers can go head to head racing.... bunch of 4 banger haters out there.....!!!!
We never really had issues with the 22r...except when we sucked in the filters...remote filter in the cab fixed that...v6s did kill it.
Most bulletproof motor I ever owned.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
There is a Fuel Safe cell in every one of those pics (versions of the truck), not sure what your trying to inply?
You guys must have short memories! I seem to remember passing a fuel cell on the ground at a Laughlin race many, MANY years ago. I guess over 20 years now. I thought you would get the reference. And the peanut gallery guy should STFU.

TMorford

Reaction
Are you the guy that passed me on my first race with a fully linked rear end sporting a 700 number??? I talked to you in the pits after the race and you explained how there was still one leaf in there somewhere.....

Nope.

If more people kept doing what you guys have been doing for years there wouldn’t be threads full of people complaining about the price of milk 20 years ago, etc. You guys are a case study in how to keep mini truckin alive!

I don't think this is aimed at me, but I spent plenty of nights wrenching on that little Toyota posted earlier even before it had the stars and bars wrap just so I could punish my kidneys in the right seat a few days later to race against less than a handful of trucks... Had my job allowed me to travel last year, I would have been supporting Brandt Anderson (who posted early in this thread) campaigning his 7SX Ranger down south.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Good times,

pzvSVKc.jpg

J Prich

Reaction
Nope.

I don't think this is aimed at me, but I spent plenty of nights wrenching on that little Toyota posted earlier even before it had the stars and bars wrap just so I could punish my kidneys in the right seat a few days later to race against less than a handful of trucks... Had my job allowed me to travel last year, I would have been supporting Brandt Anderson (who posted early in this thread) campaigning his 7SX Ranger down south.
Not intended for you. Just saying a lot of people with trucks that could be out racing like @firedog and Fire Guys Racing have been doing but aren’t, but complain on here about how the class is “dead”.

green787

Reaction
My truck is in the race trailer, race ready.....(two blocks from the iconic Rose Bowl) but no 4 banger trucks to race against..... That means the class is dead.... I'm not interested in your torquey V6's and automatic transmissions.....

4687 mod31.jpg

Those are 33's with no bead locks.... UTV's are bigger than my truck and have more horsepower..... I race MINI-TRUCKS.....

Pit truck (black uhaul) race trailer, tow vehicle and 100% prepped race truck, but nowhere to get a "participation trophy" like the rest of ya'll have.....

I even shortened it up for "rock racing" but "they" require inner fender liners which in a 1982 toyota were an integral part of the body and were cut out with a torch, plus they want the original bed intact...... not worth it..... It's just a relic from the past now..... like me..... 7s is dead.....

Last edited:

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
My truck is in the race trailer, race ready.....(two blocks from the iconic Rose Bowl) but no 4 banger trucks to race against..... That means the class is dead.... I'm not interested in your torquey V6's and automatic transmissions.....

View attachment 224601

Those are 33's with no bead locks.... UTV's are bigger than my truck and have more horsepower..... I race MINI-TRUCKS.....

Pit truck (black uhaul) race trailer, tow vehicle and 100% prepped race truck, but nowhere to get a "participation trophy" like the rest of ya'll have.....
Race with MORE. We had a 4cyl Class 2000 truck and won the championship. The problem is, you don't enter any races....

green787

Reaction
Race with MORE. We had a 4cyl Class 2000 truck and won the championship. The problem is, you don't enter any races....

Show me a race that has a 4 banger MINI TRUCK class and I'll be there..... I raced MORE when we had a 20 count 7s class..... class 2000 means nothing to me.... I'm sorry you put all that effort into a number..... Every last person on the planet knows the difference between a mini truck, and mid sized truck, and a full sized truck...... except the race promoters.....

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Show me a race that has a 4 banger MINI TRUCK class and I'll be there..... I raced MORE when we had a 20 count 7s class..... class 2000 means nothing to me.... I'm sorry you put all that effort into a number..... Every last person on the planet knows the difference between a mini truck, and mid sized truck, and a full sized truck...... except the race promoters.....
It's a leaf spring class. A 4 banger mini truck won the championship so yeah... enter a race sometime. Have some fun

green787

Reaction
It's a leaf spring class. A 4 banger mini truck won the championship so yeah... enter a race sometime. Have some fun
Do people in your local bar ever give you a blank look when you say you are a class 2000 Champion....???

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
Do people in your local bar ever give you a blank look when you say you used to race class 7s???

Again, if you'd like to race, class 2000 is the current offering for you.

Aside from that, you may just have to reminisce about the old days from here on.

J Prich

Reaction

View attachment 224601

I even shortened it up for "rock racing" but "they" require inner fender liners which in a 1982 toyota were an integral part of the body and were cut out with a torch, plus they want the original bed intact...... not worth it..... It's just a relic from the past now..... like me..... 7s is dead.....
You don’t race mini trucks. You don’t actually race anything.

A participation trophy would boost your total trophy count to...1.

Every single person that spends their money, preps their truck, and shows up to race instead of crying about what used to be and is no more, is 1,000x more a real racer than you are. No matter how many trucks they race against.

You and your truck ARE relics, which is why trolling the internet is the only form of attention getting you have left. Kudos to you for your self awareness here.

TRAVISD

Reaction

View attachment 224601

Come race NORRA, lets go.

I raced a SNORE race a in the past got second to a 4 liter Ranger and beat 4 other rangers. Didn't see you there.

jon coleman

Reaction
You guys must have short memories! I seem to remember passing a fuel cell on the ground at a Laughlin race many, MANY years ago. I guess over 20 years now. I thought you would get the reference. And the peanut gallery guy should STFU.
didnt Jimmy joehanson loose one on the lake bed??

crafty

Reaction
Check out VORRA. Race next weekend. My brother is racing his 4 banger Toyota. I believe three trucks are pre entered