Class 7 and it's many derivatives: past, present and future

green787

Reaction
All I know is he will be on course in a 4 banger yota on deavers, I’ll be in my vintage 8 truck and my father will be in his 8 truck next weekend having a blast!!
How far from the race course do you live...??? I think I could compete with the orange 702.....

green787

Reaction
All I need is some young guy with $7,000 to go race my truck..... Now I just see myself as the Roger Penske of MINI Truck racing.....

green787

Reaction
I’m about a four hour tow to Hawthorn.
yeah I don’t see why not...
I'm in Los Angeles...... Not likely to go farther than Barstow or Johnson Valley.... But it looks like VORRA is coming to Glen Helen Raceway....!!!! That I am interested in......

Last edited:

BlueCoyote

Reaction
7s was a fun class - learned how to keep a race truck together- ran some amazing events - CORRA Chula Vista, RoR, mdr, MORE, etc. While the 22r powered ditch diggers were not the fastest, for a few years at MORE they came out on top of the class. But things and priorities all change - people move up to faster vehicles. It would be cool to see a revival of old school 4cyl mini truck racing, (like class 11 is now popular), but not gonna hold my breath. FWIW - VORRA puts on great races and group T is a popular class. Green - show up and enter - it worth the drive.

green787

Reaction
7s was a fun class - It would be cool to see a revival of old school 4cyl mini truck racing, (like class 11 is now popular) but not gonna hold my breath.
Thanks Ken.... They haven't pissed me off enough yet to post the video of us racing in Barstow with 20 class 7s serious racers..... that's all I want is an old school 4cyl mini truck race..... but I'm going to hold my breath until I die if I don't get my MINI TRUCK class....!!!!!

green787

Reaction
Check this out: If my SCORE legal 7s truck had a class it could compete fairly in, then someone would pay to drive it at the San Felipe 250......

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
All I need is some young guy with $7,000 to go race my truck..... Now I just see myself as the Roger Penske of MINI Truck racing.....
I'll cut you a deal and drive it for free.

I'll even let you be driver on record. I can do the prep/repair work.

green787

Reaction
I'll cut you a deal and drive it for free.

I'll even let you be driver on record. I can do the prep/repair work.
It would cost US at least $7000.00 to enter the San Felipe 250 and get off the starting line.... I will let you be the driver of record.... I'll do the prep/repair work.

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
How about your Dad and Thomas drive it....??? Now that I have read your resume......
I'm sure either would jump at the offer and are much better drivers than I. But they won't pay the money, unfortunately.

My dad just went through the same motions with Billy Bunch.

green787

Reaction
I'm sure either would jump at the offer and are much better drivers than I. But they won't pay the money, unfortunately.

My dad just went through the same motions with Billy Bunch.
Camarillo is not that far from Pasadena..... You should come help me get it out of the race trailer and look it over....

J Prich

Reaction
If I had a 7S truck and was really itching to try to make something happen to get it racing with others, I'd do the following...

1 - Round up as many fellow 7S guys as I could find that would at least marginally commit to agreeing to try to do a race.

2 - Contact an org that has current 7S rules and float the idea of them hosting a "7S Shootout" at one of their events. I'd make the case that I had verbal interest from xx number of guys that want to come race and I'd float the idea of picking an event on their calendar to target. Then I'd work to see what we could do to either lower the entry fee based on a decently large turnout or try to negotiate help in sourcing additional money for a prize purse.

3 - With verbal agreements from a reasonably large number of 7S guys and some agreement with an org to host a 2021 "7S Shootout", I'd start working on contacting companies that might want to get involved....suspension companies, aftermarket parts outlets, etc. Again either to sell the idea of a "sponsorship" to help reduce the cost of entry to get more racers or to help fund a prize purse. Which ever would likely get more racers to come.

There are a lot of 7S type dudes that chime in on these convos lamenting about what used to be but there is very little traction in terms of anyone trying to do something to make an event happen. A 1 race blow out with large turnout and some combo of lower entry fee/significant prize purse would go a long way towards resurrection. And even if it didn't lead to more, just creating a single annual event where dudes could bring those trucks out and get a piece of the glory days would still be a win in my book.

Total Loss

Reaction
La Rana Memory lane...Glen Helen circa 1992 ish...we were in the 799...broke a transmission...

Attachments

• 20210402_081516.jpg
    20210402_081516.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41

Total Loss

Reaction
Those were the days! My dad was 777 back in his Glen Helen days
Got any photos? See if I can jog my memory.
My old partner still has the 84 we raced for a couple of years.

Attachments

• 20210402_122259.jpg
    20210402_122259.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction
Our 4 Banger before we owned it. La Rana days!

Attachments

• C6D382F5-372A-4297-ABBF-38478FA7FF3A.png
    C6D382F5-372A-4297-ABBF-38478FA7FF3A.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 35