CLASS 7 OPEN

LAZY-H

Large Member
Reaction
image.jpeg

green787

Reaction
FOR SCORE AN BITD, DOES CLASS 7 OPEN STILL REQUIRE FRAME OR CAN IT BE ALL TUBE CHASSIS?

Class 7s is a "stock" mini truck... or mid sized if you count Rangers... Not many stock vehicles come with a tubular frame....

Desert Son

Reaction
Class 7s is a "stock" mini truck... or mid sized if you count Rangers... Not many stock vehicles come with a tubular frame....

He didn't ask about 7s, READ! Yes, 7 OPEN will allow all tube chassis. V6 motor is the key with class 7/7200. The stock Ranger class 7sx/7100 requires the frame to be in place.

Faidd

Reaction
It’s important to ask questions even the ones that don’t get asked, so asking is a good thing. I built a 7 car and got hosed on the cage diameter vs. weight. Make sure if you use tube and C channel that you box the channel. Tube chassis are good combos are good too. As long as they’re straight . Remember to keep your ride height low and Focusing in on up travel/drop out suspension. Don’t go over 35” tuck a smaller tire.

green787

Reaction
He didn't ask about 7s, READ! Yes, 7 OPEN will allow all tube chassis. V6 motor is the key with class 7/7200. The stock Ranger class 7sx/7100 requires the frame to be in place.

Then it's a stupid class... Tubular frame and V6 sounds like Trophy Spec to me...

Slippery P

Reaction
Last edited:

PeteRock

Reaction
As far as i know, SCORE will tighten up the rules for class 7 next year, because some of the trucks running class 7 now, are closer to trophy trucks not factory mini trucks. But then again it was SCORE who opened up the rules so who the hell knows.

Racing Ron

Reaction
As far as i know, SCORE will tighten up the rules for class 7 next year, because some of the trucks running class 7 now, are closer to trophy trucks not factory mini trucks. But then again it was SCORE who opened up the rules so who the hell knows.

Yeah it's pretty Open now. We bumped up to 7 at the 500 in our 4cy. BajaLite, there are 39" tires on some, 450-hp+ v6's (we rocked 220!), Shaffer skinned his 10 car with truck glass for the 1000. All legal as the rules are today. Makes for a strange class. But the benefit is a bigger class, which is the ongoing problem with too many classes. Not sure how they "tighten" the rules and still keep a decent car count.