class 7300 tech questions

tooltime

Reaction
Thinking of building a 7300 for BITD. Im thinking of going 2wheel drive. It appears everyone is using Rangers w/a-arms and torsions. But Im hearing guys bending/breaking front uprights/knuckles. Is this true,and whats the fix if any? Should I consider a different vehicle? If I stay w/Ford, how much travel can I expect in the front?. Whats the "choice" shock package for these? Any tech help is appreciated.
Thanks

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
If you are going 7300 go 4wd and also put a winch on it...you will thank me later. If you use an old beam truck you dont get paid back as much as a current a-arm truck and the big reason to run a ford or run the 7300 class at all is ford money. There are plenty of other class race cars you could build or buy for less and go a lot faster if you are just looking to race.

tooltime

Reaction
Thanks for the heads up. I was aiming for two wheel drive. Dont want to deal with all the extra weight and crap moving arouund up there. Regarding cost, if I already had an a-arm truck i figured that was a descent portion of the cost aside from the cage.

philofab