• Forum membership has its advantages....

class 8 baja 500

swu chase1

cool hope there will be more.San Vincente racing you come out? Kent is the mills V-10 coming out to play.

swu chase1

i knew it was kents truck it just wears mills workout gear. Word on the street is there are & class 8 truck racing this race

baja rudy

I have raced class 8 (KORE/RPM) and TT Spec (RPM), and it is very unlikely that a class 8 would beat a TT Spec in today's world.

johnnyweb

I have raced class 8 (KORE/RPM) and TT Spec (RPM), and it is very unlikely that a class 8 would beat a TT Spec in today's world.
I think the right class 8 trucks started at the same time as the Spec TT it would be a very tight race. Right know they are coming in close to them while starting 75 vehicles back dealing with a lot more slower traffic. They have already beat them at a few races. Just think if there was still a dozen hungry hard pushing class 8 guys out there? I plan to find this very thing out in the future.

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
I'm sure Frankenstein, PIN, Olliges, Ampudia, Monroy, Kroeker, Glass could kick some ass, class 8 vs TT spec shoot out thats what I'm talking about yeah buddy

Chas Moore

um, what? There are class 8s with a hell of a lot more go than a spec tt

baja rudy

No need to argue, just show the average speed for any Score or BITD race in the last year. Of course, there are exceptions but the norm is TT Spec average speed is faster than a class 8. That is all. Take for example, when the PIN truck had that finish in SF250 the TT Spec class did not exist in Score.

Next thing you know you are going to argue that a class 10 is faster than a TT Spec. The answer to that is "sometimes" but mostly not. There is an old thread on that already.

The fact that class 8 trucks are not racing in large numbers and the opposite is happening with TT Spec (at least growing) is an indication of the current trend.

Hey, here is another positive note, this thread was dead to begin with...now there is at least some discussion. Let's stay on topic. How many class 8s are racing the 500?

johnnyweb

In a majority of the BITD races over the last year the winning 6100 truck has beat the winning class 8 truck by 10-20minutes aside from the one race that Steve Olliges raced his 79 that being the Blue water desert challenge where he beat the winning 6100 truck by 6 minutes. Most of the races see's the class 8 starting behind 50-75 cars plus back of the 6100's. Lots of dust and traffic to get through that slows you average speed. there has only been a few of them racing and it seems to me one gets out front the other has problems and the guy out front cruises to the finish at many of the races. That is why I say if they started together I think it would be a better comparison for sure. If Olliges, Kroeker, Pin, Frankenstein etc lined up with them I think it would be a crap shoot how would come out on top.

Zambo

At lot of people don't give the RPM (old Vanderwey cow truck) class 8 enough credit. That thing is faster than people think and has won a ton of races.

johnnyweb

At lot of people don't give the RPM (old Vanderwey cow truck) class 8 enough credit. That thing is faster than people think and has won a ton of races.
Forgot about that truck and probably others to.