• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 8 Truck / Info

FlyBoynTN

We are thinking about running Class 8 next year. We are looking for a good truck and have a couple on the radar right now. If you know of any good trucks we would love to hear about them. We have been running 1400 with Ford Rangers. Any advise or opinions on running Class 8? I know it is not as popular as it once was but still seems like a fun class to run. We respect the buggys but the trucks are more our thing. Thanks in advance.

Bryan Racing

I have a class 8 that I feel is still competitive.Originally fabricated by Curt LeDuc 26 years ago.45 starts, 41 finishes.Multiple wins,20 podiums,all in the desert, parker,mint 400,baja 1000,baja 500 etc.Also have a ground up built class 8 style prerunner and a street legal f-150 prerunner/chaser.I'm considering selling off the trucks and related items and hanging up my hat.If your interested,or just want to bench race feel free to pm me.

Mark Newhan

IMG_2409.JPG
A buddy of mine is selling a nice Chevy Class 8.

If you're interested, call him. John 541-815-9410

Chris Tobin

I'm not sure, but I kinda think the guys at RPM Offroad still have a Class 8 truck they are willing to sell... but they may have converted it to a prerunner and decided to keep it...

FlyBoynTN

Guys thanks for all the replies. Those that PM'd phone number, I'll do my best to call. I'd love to speak with everyone of you and I'm certain the conversations would be entertaining and informative for me. Off road racers are a unique (and cool) breed! I'm running a hectic schedule right now and I'm scheduled to view one truck Monday. I'm not the only one evaluating so if you have pics, specs and price please email them. Thanks and I look forward to racing with you all.

Spencer

Chris Tobin

Guys thanks for all the replies. Those that PM'd phone number, I'll do my best to call. I'd love to speak with everyone of you and I'm certain the conversations would be entertaining and informative for me. Off road racers are a unique (and cool) breed! I'm running a hectic schedule right now and I'm scheduled to view one truck Monday. I'm not the only one evaluating so if you have pics, specs and price please email them. Thanks and I look forward to racing with you all.

Spencer
What part of TN are you in? I live near Chattanooga... Once my truck is done (if it ever is) I plan to drive it out west, run a desert race then drive it back home to TN!!! Lofty goal, but I think it is possible...

Kent Kroeker

This one is pretty legit: Class 8 It's won every major race multiple times. Mid 140 mph top speed. Here's some video of it. Lots of Plaster City testing and aerial footage from last year's Baja 1000 in Red Bull's Driving Dirty.

This is not the right truck for you unless you think that steak is a breakfast food, .44 Magnum is too small to do any "real killing," and the only thing globalists are good for is serving coffee at Starbucks...

gustav.jpg

FlyBoynTN

Kent,

That is one bad ass truck!!!!

I'd love to have it but its a little too much for us to spend on Class 8.

If you are having an after Christmas 1/2 price "everything must go" sale...we can wire the money tomorrow!

Even $100,000.00 seems to be a lot for a Class 8.

I realize you have a lot of money in that truck and its worth every bit what you are asking, to you and the right buyer.

SM

Josh 8

In race trim, dialed in and totally finished a "read deal" class 8 that can run strong in trophy truck at point race like the b1k is every dime of $250k plus to build.

You are not going to find that for under a $100k unless it's a fire sale. And then those are usually sold with a phone call or two and they never make it to the internet.

Now there are a lot of $40k class 8 out there but there junk. There not up to racing in the front. Those are the ones that get the green flag, then dnf for any of a 1000 reasons. To get in the class of Kents truck or mine so you can run in the top 10 cost some real coin. And that the easy part. Then you have to work out ALL the logistics of the racing and prerunning. It's hard to buget at $50k on a big race once you count all the costs. The car/truck is the cheap part.

Once most people do the math they build a 1450 or go 6100 route if the $$$ are not an issue because it's about the same cost in the end.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Tony Barraza has a VERY clean class 8 truck for sale that is practically BRAND NEW! You might want to give him a call, maybe you can work out a deal. I'm guessing it would cost over $250k to have one built or more at todays top shops.

Jerry

I know of a good 1400 truck that will fulfill all of your racing dreams of glory for less than $100k.

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Tony Barraza has a VERY clean class 8 truck for sale that is practically BRAND NEW! You might want to give him a call, maybe you can work out a deal. I'm guessing it would cost over $250k to have one built or more at todays top shops.

Is this Craig Turner's ex truck?

Slippery P

Josh 8

I never raced against that truck but Matt built that one to beat me back in the day. I am sure in 2005 he spent 150k to build it.

chicken lips the ocho

Most Annoying RDC Poster
Yeah I remember now C&D built it for Towery, and Larry Roessler test drove it and then it was sold to Craig Turner. I was surprised Craig didn't race it a lot