Class 8 / TT

Matt Stevens

Reaction
What is the best wheel base for a class 8 or TT (in inches) and what is your reasoning.

Last edited:

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Well in my perfect world I would have one truck with long wheel base for a real Whooped out race and one with a shorter wheel base for the technical stuff... but
I would say 125 is pretty good.. still pretty nimble and can still get on top of stuff. (at least on our truck..)

Old School 8

Reaction
What is the best wheel base for a class 8 or TT (in inches) and what is your reasoning.
Are you building a new truck ?

TECHNICALLY, a class 8 wheelbase is mandated by the class rules.

Trophy Truck rules on this subject are open

scottm

Reaction
As Old School said, class 8 is mandated. Most rules say stock +- 1 inch. 73-87 chevys are 117.5" stock, and my truck is 118.

Matt Stevens

Reaction
Are you building a new truck ?

TECHNICALLY, a class 8 wheelbase is mandated by the class rules.

Trophy Truck rules on this subject are open
we are going to be building a truck. we have to get our 10 car's new engine and trans done then we will be looking for a frame. as far as the mandate +/- 1" rule this changes from short to long wheel base does it not or have they set a specific wheel base for all 8's

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
we are going to be building a truck. we have to get our 10 car's new engine and trans done then we will be looking for a frame. as far as the mandate +/- 1" rule this changes from short to long wheel base does it not or have they set a specific wheel base for all 8's
if you had a long wheel base F-150, its +/- that wheelbase, so yes it depends on the application.

Mcarlson1

Reaction
you can get a reg cab lng bd and your wheelbase will be around 125" give or take

Thanks,
Mike

Matt Stevens

Reaction
I planed on using a 1991 Ford regular cab long bed and using a Fiberwerx 2008 full fiber body with the extended cab short bed look, my wheel base on the Ford is 131" and that was the reason for the origanol post is to find out if this lenght would be to long because alot of the class 8 guys I know use reg cab short beds and win alot in these trucks. Is there a full sized truck that any of you know of that is close to the 125" mark?

Mcarlson1

Reaction
a 60's and 70's regular cab chevy longbed i think is at 125, Mark Newhan would know.

Thanks,
Mike