Class 8

Josh 8

Reaction
I decided to keep original housing intact and rebuild another day or God forbid I sell it can go with it. I bought new snouts and will re use hubs and brakes.

Thats funny. I decided to do the exact same thing. I went with sway a ways 2.5” hub, snout kit.

Hey I missed the opportunity to meet you at Yerington! I was to wrapped up with my dads truck 855 and brothers truck 755. We had to break in both motors on poker run and tons of the little things. I hope to see you at some future races and able to meet up

Yeah, I wondered if I would see you. I am sure we’re bumped shoulders at tech. The race was going well for me even with the rear start. I missed the prerun on Saturday so I had to do the first lap as a dusty prerun. I was able to kick up the pace on the second and third lap. The the power steering reservoir fell off. After that with the loss of oil in pump was burnt up. And that was basically the end for us. This was was a shack down any way. We found some problems and not it time to repair.

jon coleman

Reaction
Thats funny. I decided to do the exact same thing. I went with sway a ways 2.5” hub, snout kit.

Yeah, I wondered if I would see you. I am sure we’re bumped shoulders at tech. The race was going well for me even with the rear start. I missed the prerun on Saturday so I had to do the first lap as a dusty prerun. I was able to kick up the pace on the second and third lap. The the power steering reservoir fell off. After that with the loss of oil in pump was burnt up. And that was basically the end for us. This was was a shack down any way. We found some problems and not it time to repair.
theres a nice Howe reservoir in rDc classifieds

Josh 8

Reaction
theres a nice Howe reservoir in rDc classifieds

I still have mine. Co-dawg walked back and even found the cap. But the pump was a goner. It tore a hose so it would not hold oil. We jumped on hwy 95a “Baja style” and drove in back to main.

Attachments

• CBF883B6-0843-4095-B62A-B97AE775A35F.jpeg
    CBF883B6-0843-4095-B62A-B97AE775A35F.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 198

jon coleman

Reaction
I still have mine. Co-dawg walked back and even found the cap. But the pump was a goner. It tore a hose so it would not hold oil. We jumped on hwy 95a “Baja style” and drove in back to main.
lucky no flash fire, vaporized ps fluid is a Nasty fire.ps, now that your putting spare ps hoses in spare bag, you'll have no more ps hose issues!😉

crafty

Reaction
The axles were not long enough, that is why the splines stripped, not enough engagement. The bolt to set the end play should have been much shorter.
You are exactly correct. After talking to Sandy Cone he believes the last owner widened the housing and went the cheap route by adding longer bolts. I had no idea what I was looking at when I pulled one side to replace a hub seal. Hard expensive lesson learned.

crafty

Reaction
My dad finished right behind you. Lost third and second was starting to slip. Also ripped the top of the frame at the J arm mount. VORRA hasn’t decided on a October race yet but my goal is to have mine back together in four to five weeks

Attachments

• 07896386-776D-4ACC-9A57-A5F0396096EC.jpeg
    07896386-776D-4ACC-9A57-A5F0396096EC.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 219

Josh 8

Reaction
I took this pic to send back to the wife. When I have to say DNF, I first need to send a pic of the truck and me proving nothing is wrecked. And she knows what the picture means so phone call is not necessary. It pisses her off if I tear the truck up.

Attachments

• 2582356C-1248-4B9C-8013-D3E1FB334FF6.jpeg
    2582356C-1248-4B9C-8013-D3E1FB334FF6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 211

retroblazer

Reaction
I took this pic to send back to the wife. When I have to say DNF, I first need to send a pic of the truck and me proving nothing is wrecked. And she knows what the picture means so phone call is not necessary. It pisses her off if I tear the truck up.

This is seriously funny. I wonder what she would have said looking at a my truck after it burned from the front bumper through the cab ?

crafty

Reaction
New rear end is done! Waiting on shafts now.

Attachments

• D098003B-76C8-4CBE-964C-9CAD57A7A375.jpeg
    D098003B-76C8-4CBE-964C-9CAD57A7A375.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 90