• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class 9 Reunion Race

3 Amigos Racing

Class 9 Reunion Race.
Might try and promote a Class 9 reunion race. Team race format. That way anyone who was DOR in a 9 car back in the past can team up with an active Class 9 owner and race a few laps at a venue to be specified. Each car would have two DOR's who would be required to start one of two or three heat races.. Looking for interest and ideas. BAP style racing. Sometime in 2019.

Salazar470

$$$$$ bonus? my guess is that a few people are going be look for heavy hitters!

torres. toranto. young. macdonald. lang. could be very interesinh to get fast guys out of retirment.

Jeffers909

Trying to get something put together end of this year, maybe New Years weekend 2020...

MORE is looking into putting on a special “Glen Helen Cup” race around the first of the year. This race will feature Class 9, Class 1600, and Class 10 races.

Tech will be Saturday morning, followed by a quick practice. Saturday afternoon will be the first qualifying race. ( top 2 spots qualify for main event). Sunday morning would be 2nd qualifying race (lcq). Sunday afternoon would be the winner take all first car across the finish line main event with a 2 row landrush start around “talladega”.

Course will be 4 miles long featuring the entire Lucas oil course, parts of the national mx course, and the REM course which had some huge drop offs, step ups and doubles at this years Powder Puff, plus multiple high speed straight which will get your car into top gear pinned.

10 cars will be $2000 to 1st
15 cars $3000
20 cars $5000

2nd and 3rd will get big contingency prizes

Who’s interested????

3 Amigos Racing

Trying to get something put together end of this year, maybe New Years weekend 2020...

MORE is looking into putting on a special “Glen Helen Cup” race around the first of the year. This race will feature Class 9, Class 1600, and Class 10 races.

Tech will be Saturday morning, followed by a quick practice. Saturday afternoon will be the first qualifying race. ( top 2 spots qualify for main event). Sunday morning would be 2nd qualifying race (lcq). Sunday afternoon would be the winner take all first car across the finish line main event with a 2 row landrush start around “talladega”.

Course will be 4 miles long featuring the entire Lucas oil course, parts of the national mx course, and the REM course which had some huge drop offs, step ups and doubles at this years Powder Puff, plus multiple high speed straight which will get your car into top gear pinned.

10 cars will be $2000 to 1st
15 cars $3000
20 cars $5000

2nd and 3rd will get big contingency prizes

Who’s interested????

ACME

To make really "drivers from back in the past" maybe consider a rule like: Can't have raced in class 9 in the last 5 years & maybe a sub "Legends Category" for "Swingers" who have not raced in C9 10 years?

It'd be cool to see names-drivers like: Kisner, Bio, Mohr, Hovey, Peel, Schank, Allen, Gumz, Johnson, McCarty, Rash, Benson, Jeffries, Folts and others back in swingers...

3 Amigos Racing

To make really "drivers from back in the past" maybe consider a rule like: Can't have raced in class 9 in the last 5 years & maybe a sub "Legends Category" for "Swingers" who have not raced in C9 10 years?

It'd be cool to see names-drivers like: Kisner, Bio, Mohr, Hovey, Peel, Schank, Allen, Gumz, Johnson, McCarty, Rash, Benson, Jeffries, Folts and others back in swingers...
Do I detect a co promoter opportunity? ACME Race Promotions? Jeff it might crazy and fun to work on this together.

Last edited:

ACME

Naw, I'm retired from getting involved-beyond occasionally (really occasionally) chasing for homies like Kaveman, plus I'm too old and irrelevant. However, Baxter and Kobe will do the odds in Toby's memory if you pull it off!

baxter4.jpg

ACME

Francois, I miss ya!

All superheros had their rivals: Batman had the Joker, Superman had Lex, Austin Powers that midget and we had the "Miss-Fits"; good times!

Now if you guys would race in Baja, Ironbabe and I might be in for some shenanighans! And YES I'd agree to a car with PS!!! (and real suspension).

PS Francinne: I nominated your hair to the Off Road Hall of Fame, they want to put it next to Ivan's

3 Amigos Racing

I already started prepping my sled for the Reunion Race. Lets make it happen.

I see an ACME Big Top main pit where the hair products flow freely, swinger swag and lubricants are handed out to all in attendance while the stories of old are retold while a new retro history is made that weekend.

Class 9 Reunion .jpg

ACME

Alas, ACME Pit Support & The World Alliance has scattered to the wind like Frankie's dried pomade, as all the kids have up grown and moved on. I was simply the dude that had signs and made a few suggestions. Oh and a balloon...

ACME Racing (our personal team name since 1987) hasn't raced in a few years. Ironbabe has a car and threatens she'll play again one day, "when she's not working" :rolleyes:

As far as hair care product distribution, swinger swag and lubrication: That's Francccciiiiissss'sss & the Miss-Fits gig. As for samples: Last I heard; Frankolin is still having a small village of Pygmies in Laos produce his personal cache'? The recipe supposedly originated from some shiathole country with ...'stan in it's name, sometime after the fall of the Nazi's. Rumor: It's created by milking a Llama (WTF) and ritually processing the fluid, then drying some kind of river fish and using the scales plucked by hand, one at a time for the correct color while some sort of hedonistic chant is repeated and then a dash of chemical left over from producing jet fuel? Worm had it analyzed by his fuel testing guy and turns out the material was been banned in 162 countries and is toxic to the Hooded Pitohui. I don't know how he gets it in the US but it's a known motivation behind the wall...

I miss the good old days!

So I picked this new to me hot rod up from the Mauro Diaz family sight unseen.. guess that means I somewhat committed to the Class 9 Reunion Race. Hope my big ass can fit in it. Having it transported to the 3 Amigos Racing top secret compound for prep and detail plus working on a new hair gel sponsor (might go pomade this round as it doesn't dry your hair out) to compete head to head with Ffrank!

class 9 2.jpg