Class 9 Shortcourse

ncervantez

Reaction
We had a great time this past weekend racing our 20 year old 9 car in the Single Buggy class at Perris Auto Speedway. Sure we were a little out gunned with their IRS, Bypass shocks, linkpin front ends, and built motors but we had a great time. We ended up getting a DNF in the final race due to steering issues but hey how often can you DNF and still get cash back for the race (100% payback on entry fees, split among all starters). If you are anywhere near Perris,CA try and come out to the M4SX series and have some fun. Here's the link to all the photos.:)

http://www.ryantorresphotography.com/SXS_Rnd_3/Buggies/SXS_Rnd_33.html
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm205/jeshua914/M4SX%20Round%203%202009/ Oh and it cost us less than $300 to race all day and that includes our gas!

Shred918

Reaction
That is something I might be down to do every once in awhile if I didn't have to change the entire setup on the car.

ncervantez

Reaction
That is something I might be down to do every once in awhile if I didn't have to change the entire setup on the car.
Ya Class 9 specs fit right in the Stadium Single Buggy rules, I'd say on the low end of things but they fit.

Slang

Reaction
I was at the race and it looked like a great time. It was nice to meet you guys out there. I think we all need to pick a race and show up, they will most likely give us our own class. What I want to do is get a pissed off motor, new wheels, low profile tires and race the single buggies. The jumps were all drop offs, I don't think suspension wins those races, who’s with me?? Frank?

ncervantez

Reaction
Hey, it was nice meeting you there too, I'm all with you! everyone join up and we can rock the place. Maybe we can pick a date later in the season to give people time to get ready

Shred918

Reaction
Ya Class 9 specs fit right in the Stadium Single Buggy rules, I'd say on the low end of things but they fit.
I here you on the rules. What I was getting at that a tire size change may not cover gearing. The shock vavling and ride hight also come into play.

I was thinking the very same thing and it does look like a blast!

Johnson954

Reaction
the TORC series is suppose to have sportsman light buggy this year here on the west coast too. This is something a few of us tried to get into when CORR first came out west, but they would not run sportmans classes.

http://www.torcseries.com/index.php

I think it would be a blast!

racer951

Reaction
Has the Pro 9 series come about yet for 2010? One SNORE one MORE one plaster city? I'd say add the Glen Helen Baja Cup race, maybe as a non points race, or 3 out of 4? If there were at least 10 willing to go out there it would be great racing. I would argue in favor of class 9 rules for the short couse race.

MARXICO

Reaction
I raced at Glen Hellen Twice and was bunched up in the Buggy class due to car count I was the only 9 car there, I raced against 5 /1600's 1/2 1600 , class 1 and 5 cars all for $300. I got smoked the class 5 car cherry picked and took the winnings home .. same as Perris you are generalized as a buggy not as a steel wheel, speck tire size .speck motor ,limitted breaking , non power steering car that we have , I am sure that if you had 15 cars they would consider a seprate class, but untill then it is not a even playing feild .
I see no reason why you cant run any tire,rim combo you want replace your pic30 with a zeinith and what ever else you throw at it and go racing with them as it is not a class 9 event it is a buggy class our limited rules dont pertain to the people you are racing against.
Perris is a exelent facility and wish them the best and a long future in off road stadium racing , I have raced there for the past 10 years driving Champ trucks and Dirt Late models , Last year they canceled our DLM series because of car count average being 11 cars instead of 20 it was econimics to them they didnt have a time slot for 10 cars they needed 20 cars so we were replaced by the Hornet class (FWD 4 cyl rattel traps) they get 30 of thoes a night .
So untill the Niners get it together and come out in large numbers consistantly it will always be a buggy class untill then I see no reason to run by class 9 rules .
It was good to hear a positive post from ncervantes about the good experience he had , hopefully it will motivate more cars to come out , the best part is that he had fun and is sponsering our sport, and some times we lose sight of our original objective is and that is to have fun regardless the situation

3 Amigos Racing

Reaction
Has the Pro 9 series come about yet for 2010? One SNORE one MORE one plaster city? I'd say add the Glen Helen Baja Cup race, maybe as a non points race, or 3 out of 4? If there were at least 10 willing to go out there it would be great racing. I would argue in favor of class 9 rules for the short couse race.
I would do that.. sounds great.. Pro 9 Series plan to work on after the May race for next year. Hope to set it up early and then let it take care of itself.

oldman dirt

Reaction
there was a time when we would get 15 or more class 9 cars at Glen Helen, it was a blast. I ran the same desert set up except i ran low profile rear tires ( on steel "legal" wheels) and grooved them up real good. Jumps were no problem, and cars were as fast or faster than 5/1600. Bob would love to have us there--
We should look into a BIG race there on TURKEY DAY when they do their big race--
its muddy, but there are water bibs, just need to bring a hose. We used to practice on Sat , free camping, then race on Sunday two heats and a main.
You will need a steering brake-----------