class 9 vs class 5

dezertrdr

Reaction
just for fun and to add some conversation in this forum.. which class do you guys think its better? and whats the difference of racing each car.? pictures just to show off cars feel free to post some more. lol
FB_IMG_1503155325147.jpg
tapatalk_1514505248128.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

Mohr

Reaction
When I was racing, the lead class 9 and the lead 5/16 were always within minutes of each other....5/16 just WAY more expensive...

dislocated1

Reaction
That SS Lothringer of Steve Lang is for sale..... It's quite the hot rod! BUY ME!

ACME

Reaction
5/16 with a bus box and the low comp motor should be cheaper and with more HP, bypasses and PS should be faster and easier on the body. But very few actually are these days.

Plus they historically seem to go turtle a lot more and the bodies are costly to deal with unless you own a body shop and they are a pain to prep around...

I still can't believe no one has scooped up Steve's car, it's a rocket in the right hands!

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Before Art passed away, we had talks about changing the body rule in 5-1600 to get rid of the package tray and front firewall so that it would be much easier to do body swaps. He had agreed to it because he didn't like the way dealing with the body would cut his arm when working on the cars. Don't know how everyone else feels, but I would still like to see that go into effect.