Class One line up @ this years 500.

billy evans

I was just checking out the Class One start order for this years 500. The number of quality teams / drivers caught my eye a bit. Its going to be a great race in that class with many teams having a chance. Really looking forward to following Millen in his new 4x4. A builder we all know of said on social media he wouldn't make it 50 miles in that car before Norra started and I think towards the end of the Rally he was running up front with all the fast guys. It's going to be a great race.

Last edited:

mgobaja

4wd works well for side by sides, I have decided they are 4wd class 10 cars essentially. And now several Trophy Truck teams have been running well with 4wd. so why not a hybrid of those two classes, here it is.

JDDurfey

I would like to see some pictures of how the drivetrain works in this car. Is it similar to the 4wd Class 1 car from "back in the day"?

AZ7000'

I wonder how long it will take for someone to say 4WD should not be in Class 1?
4WD should not be in Class 1

About 15 and 1/2 hours...

billy evans

Pretty cool that they used the body off of one of thier Pikes Peak race cars on the new car. I love the body lines.

BajaFand

I’m sure some class 1 guy is already whining about it. It looks awesome I’m excited to see how it runs. I wonder if tire size may hinder them. Do they not carry a spare?

ACME

Did they complain about the Riviera AWD car back in the day or is it just now with social media?

ACME

Did they complain about the Riviera AWD car back in the day or is it just now with social media?

dan200

#BSF200
I’m sure some class 1 guy is already whining about it. It looks awesome I’m excited to see how it runs. I wonder if tire size may hinder them. Do they not carry a spare?
I am betting, eventually, there will be a 4wd/2wd split in TT. Might as well happen in class ! also LOL. I am not saying i am in favor of the split. Just saying it will probably happen down the line.

IMO 4wd will become the standard in TT.

And Yea, I am wondering how those smaller tires are gonna work out. Weight savings is obviously helpful but it doesn't make the holes any smaller. Big tires do make the holes smaller though. this will be interesting to watch..