• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class Questions

BigtimeRacingTX

I am an experienced Dirt oval track driver that is looking for an entry level off road class for fun. Love building my own stuff.
Is there a class that I can utilize my existing stable of carburated high performance SBC engines? Is there any crossover for transmissions, motors, rearends, carbs? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

jon coleman

1450.lottsa garage guys, lottsa v8.carbs must be bounce proofed, there are some carb gurus that can set u up, probably use your existing stuff, rears are standard stuff, 35/+ spline 9" spool, trussed housing, lotta guys run a floater roundy round trussed up rear in the 7 classes, pretty strong, allot of your stuff will get u through your ' what breaks?' learning curve.rDc classified ads best place to get stuff , shock s tires ect.* news flash*, Leduc's swap meet is right around the corner, lottsa stuff& people to talk to on what&where to go race.opps!, i think i see your out of Texas?, long haul to the swap meet....

Last edited:

michael.gonzalez

Class 2000 or 1400/1450 is what you want. They are both truck classes with the biggest difference being the rear suspension. Class 2000 is leaf springs only. 1400/1450 allows linked rear suspension. Both classes have very few engine rules as I recall.

BigtimeRacingTX

1450.lottsa garage guys, lottsa v8.carbs must be bounce proofed, there are some carb gurus that can set u up, probably use your existing stuff, rears are standard stuff, 35/+ spline 9" spool, trussed housing, lotta guys run a floater roundy round trussed up rear in the 7 classes, pretty strong, allot of your stuff will get u through your ' what breaks?' learning curve.rDc classified ads best place to get stuff , shock s tires ect.* news flash*, Leduc's swap meet is right around the corner, lottsa stuff& people to talk to on what&where to go race.opps!, i think i see your out of Texas?, long haul to the swap meet....
Thanks guys. That points me in the right direction. I found a rulebook online. I guess I am looking for a roller now. I realize it probably depends on the race but curious what kinda gears are they running in a ford 9"?

michael.gonzalez

4.10 minimum. Many run 4.88, 5.13, 6.00. Etc

35 spline axles will be needed (31 spline is factory) and you might even need bigger than 35 spline depending on your HP.

jon coleman

many are of the ford i beam set up, ranger, ect, swing set steering, really bullet proof design when set up right to start with.john at autofab has Lottsa stuff that Works and if you are fab savy, & find the right roller that is a quick way to be right there , its a class thats not beginner, but its not trophy truck, if you got ' sperience w racing it will be easy transition, just Take your time learning desert!!