• Forum membership has its advantages....

Class10_???

JerryB

all the fast guys are running internal bypass I’m pretty sure, should be pretty comparable.
The Fox is a "true" internal bypass, all others are not. Yes they are "good" but will never be as good as an external bypass WITH a coilover. rules unfortunately do not allow this. 10 does have a significant advantage there which cannot be overcome on the UTV, without a rule change and some significant suspension mods to fit both on the front end.

jon coleman

pffff, once i win everything in my bling sXs, I'll just petition score, bitd to allow the addition of fox4.0 bypasses , then ill go test my front bumber starting behind the 10 car s
' shicaine'

ht racing

why is it always utv is as fast as a 10 car crap. 10 cars beat class 1 cars and trophy trucks all the time but in never hear anything about it. if your happy in a golf cart then own it and have a great time or get the rule changed and join the class 10 guys i have no problem with it.

Robin Hood

Will class 10 become obsolete when the Golf Karts are faster, have 4X4, cost less, and have sponsorship opportunity? Is it just a matter of time? Or is that time almost here?
why is it always utv is as fast as a 10 car crap. 10 cars beat class 1 cars and trophy trucks all the time but in never hear anything about it. if your happy in a golf cart then own it and have a great time or get the rule changed and join the class 10 guys i have no problem with it.
If we stay on topic here...the original post said nothing about UTV's being faster or beating any class 10 cars, today or in the past. The question was, as the UTV's develop and become faster than the 10's, does it obsolete the class? Is it just a matter of time? Or is that time almost here?

So what is your take? It seems that you think that it will never happen? I personally think, if class 10 doesn't adapt with some rule changes, it will happen sooner than most realize. Probably not next year, but by 20222 or 2023 class 10 will see the same fate it saw in 2007 era. JUST MY OPINION! I've been wrong a couple times before, but I wouldn't bet a $180,000 new build against the trend.

ht racing

If we stay on topic here...the original post said nothing about UTV's being faster or beating any class 10 cars, today or in the past. The question was, as the UTV's develop and become faster than the 10's, does it obsolete the class? Is it just a matter of time? Or is that time almost here?

So what is your take? It seems that you think that it will never happen? I personally think, if class 10 doesn't adapt with some rule changes, it will happen sooner than most realize. Probably not next year, but by 20222 or 2023 class 10 will see the same fate it saw in 2007 era. JUST MY OPINION! I've been wrong a couple times before, but I wouldn't bet a $180,000 new build against the trend.
its class 10 its not who is faster its also the fact that a golf cart cant take a hit like a class 10 car otherwise they would not have there own class and races. class 10 will get a new motor option at some point. class 10 cars beat a ton of 1 cars but who cares! we run our class we like and if they want to build a new golf cart every year then stay in the class and good luck.

ErikIrvine

If we stay on topic here...the original post said nothing about UTV's being faster or beating any class 10 cars, today or in the past. The question was, as the UTV's develop and become faster than the 10's, does it obsolete the class?
No, me along with many others will never race a UTV even if they are faster. The look goofy AF and will never replace a traditional buggy in my garage. Just like die hard VW guys, it's the principality

Robin Hood

its class 10 its not who is faster its also the fact that a golf cart cant take a hit like a class 10 car otherwise they would not have there own class and races. class 10 will get a new motor option at some point. class 10 cars beat a ton of 1 cars but who cares! we run our class we like and if they want to build a new golf cart every year then stay in the class and good luck.
Even today a purpose built UTV can build a frame similar to a 10 and take the same hit. Believe me, many 10 guys have complained and had their pride damaged, because they couldn't take a hit either. There is nothing keeping a UTV rear bumper from being built the same as a 10 car.

Comparing 10 and one isn't valid, there is a big $$$ difference to run competitively among the top guys between the two classes. My point is "when" the UTVs become as fast, they will be less to build and prep and there is currently more sponsorship money available. A UTV has the advantage of running a turbo and 4X4 at a lower cost than a class 10 build.

JerryB

Good topic Robin Hood, but in RDC fashion, it went off-topic and downhill fairly quickly. Let's use some actual facts and numbers here for perspective (again, I'm not making any claims of beating a 10 car). Here are some recent finishing times to compare (1st place car from respective classes):

2019 V2R results:
TT Menzies 08:10:35
1500 Hutchins 08:19:01
1000 Morgan 09:22:18
T900 Blurton 09:44:28 (behind only two class 10 cars)

2019 SS300 results:
TT Terzo 05:15:11
1500 Hutchins 05:22:05
1000 McMullen 05:45:59
T900 Blurton 05:50:41 (again, finished behind only two 10 cars) And 5 minutes behind the first place 10 car.

These are the facts when comparing speeds of both classes over the course of a race. I believe one day, if 10 cars stay the same, the "golf carts" will eventually start beating some 10 cars. As goofy AF as that may seem, or look, the UTV class is progressing and if others do not, it will eventually pass them up. That's not debatable. Again, Today, 10 cars all day long, but lets not stick our heads in the sand and pretend today's UTV's are still the same old Yamaha Rhino bouncing around the course.

JerryB

Good topic Robin Hood, but in RDC fashion, it went off-topic and downhill fairly quickly. Let's use some actual facts and numbers here for perspective (again, I'm not making any claims of beating a 10 car). Here are some recent finishing times to compare (1st place car from respective classes):

2019 V2R results:

2019 SS300 results:
T900 Blurton 05:50:41 (again, finished behind only two 10 cars) And 5 minutes behind the first place 10 car.

These are the facts when comparing speeds of both classes over the course of a race. I believe one day, if 10 cars stay the same, the "golf carts" will eventually start beating some 10 cars. As goofy AF as that may seem, or look, the UTV class is progressing and if others do not, it will eventually pass them up. That's not debatable. Again, Today, 10 cars all day long, but lets not stick our heads in the sand and pretend today's UTV's are still the same old Yamaha Rhino bouncing around the course.
You can see the progression..... Here are some times from 2018, including Pahrump 250 (which is shorter course and rougher, so we can't claim the UTV's only do well in the notoriously smooth SS33 or V2R courses or just the tight twisty stuff):

2018 V2R
TT Angal 08:18:31
1500 Parkhouse 08:56:56
1000 McMullen 09:49:42
T900 Blurton 10:24:25

2018 Pahrump 250
TT Thompson 03:38:47
1500 Dean 03:55:39
1000 Fox 04:13:44
T900 Blurton 04:26:05

ErikIrvine

2019 V2R results:

2019 SS300 results:

you make a strong argument

Slippery P

At what point are these things still honestly going to be considered a “UTV”?

jon coleman

if the golf karts are Always progressing, isn't the latest Mason awd monster the ultimate sXs??, minus a rubber band

Bro_Gill

Who cares? At some point, the fairy dust will blow off the golf cart class and there won't be factory money or sponsorship and then what? Two different classes and it appears one seems to want to compare peckers.