Class22 Ramirez-Prieto-Esposito-Ibarra-Childress!!!

CORAL'S BELLMAN

This will be the MEX-USA team that will keep the 1x in Ensenada Mex. for the first time ever on class 22, BEST OF LUCK GUYS!!!

Baja D "Diego"

Sham Wow!!!:D I'm going to be clued to Weather Man all day. This is going to be a exciting Baja 1000 for sure. As PAB mentioned lots of talent on these class 22 teams!!

PAB

40's rock!
Sham Wow!!!:D I'm going to be clued to Weather Man all day. This is going to be a exciting Baja 1000 for sure. As PAB mentioned lots of talent on these class 22 teams!!
Gonna be pretty rad, I'm gonna ride out and watch them come by in the morning and go back to the TT.

I still like the SCM or the 1x but much respect to everyone

Baja_Seve

This will be the MEX-USA team that will keep the 1x in Ensenada Mex. for the first time ever on class 22, BEST OF LUCK GUYS!!!
All speculation and frothing at the mouth. According to Ivan Ramirez' father (the benefactor), nothing is confirmed with Childress nor Esposito. LOTS of drama going on with that...you guys keep it up!!!! Nothing else to talk about!

PAB

40's rock!
All speculation and frothing at the mouth. According to Ivan Ramirez' father (the benefactor), nothing is confirmed with Childress nor Esposito. LOTS of drama going on with that...you guys keep it up!!!! Nothing else to talk about!
I know nothing, but I know nothing is done until the rider rides an actual section!

Baja_Seve

I think class 22 is not for sale but there are a few riders up for grabs. 22 going to the SCM
Too bad it has to be "riders up for grabs" and these same "teammates" will never see each other again after this 1000. All in their attempt to unseat Honda A and then their 2 months of press glory. Verdad?

speedys racing

Too bad it has to be "riders up for grabs" and these same "teammates" will never see each other again after this 1000. All in their attempt to unseat Honda A and then their 2 months of press glory. Verdad?
Ramirez and Childress have race a few races together. :confused:

Dezertpilot

I think the Kawi team is going to surprise a few people, the talent is just too deep:)

PAB

40's rock!
I think the Kawi team is going to surprise a few people, the talent is just too deep:)
No one doubts the talent of the Kawi team but we are mostly talking about the 1x plate and Kawi guys are only in for this race so they are not a factor. Lots of great teams capable of winning the race but there is a race within the race this time.

speedys racing

Baja 1000 its all about the 1x plate, but now JCR has more pressure because they want to beat 1x Robby bell, and viceversa.
Good Luck to all.

rickf

No one doubts the talent of the Kawi team but we are mostly talking about the 1x plate and Kawi guys are only in for this race so they are not a factor. Lots of great teams capable of winning the race but there is a race within the race this time.
PAB,

You're saying for the plate or the overall?
I think Brent and Robbie are a strong bet for the 1000 OA.

BajaboundMoto

I think the Kawi team is going to surprise a few people
It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. It's a team with Champs and a few of the best out there.
The really fast Blais KTM backed team, that would be a surprise simply because they are relatively new to Baja.
The Aussie KTM team, that would be a super longshot surprise, they've never been to Baja (someone posted they'd win, what? how can you say that?)
IF the Ramirez team ends up like the title of this threaad, wow, that could do it too.
IMO the SCM needs to keep it focused and on 2 wheels.
The real pressure is on Norman/Wiegand IMO

But the big picture - how long has it been since there was (honestly) this many teams that had a real shot at the Win?
You'd have to go back to the mid-'90's to find this much competition. I might even be giving the mid-'90's too much credit... How about the late-'80's when you had multiple Factory bikes from Honda, Kawi, KTM, and ATK that all had a decent shot at it.

Dirt Junkie

I thank Honda that they are still around, it gives everyone else something to shoot for. It makes the race that more interesting and the only reason that you do see the "guns for hire" wanting to come back for a price.
I would much better like see them back on factory teams with the best of the best as far as support, but that's not happening any time soon.
Right now there's only two bikes that get that support and too many excellent riders that don't get to ride them, so I applaud the "money" willing to get them together even if just for as a single race team.