• Forum membership has its advantages....

Classified scam artist

RFS Motorsports

Watch out for this guy!!!

mat machado to me
show details 11:48 PM (19 hours ago)
Thanks for the prompt response and i will love to make an instant
purchase. My Office will be mailing a certified check from my account
to cover the cost, while you hold on my behalf. Once you have this, my
mover will come for the pick up at your place.
I will be needing the following information to issue out the payment . . .
1.The Final Amount
2.Name to be on the check
3.Home address
4.Telephone
Please note that the payment will be mail by my Office to your
address and its bound to be delivered within 3 to 4 days. I have taken
a close look at the advert and am completely satisfied, i really need
this and would appreciates that you help save this till the payment
arrives. Furthermore do remove the posting as am definitely buying it
from you and it would be sad for me to have the payment in the mail
only to be alerted it as been sold when the check does arrives.

Am A Respectful Buyer,
BestRegards.
Matt.

> On Jan 16, 2010, at 12:05 PM, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 8573 )
>> Hello, i will like to know if its still available for sale?.. Get
>> back to me Asap
>> Matt.
>>
>

EagleOne

its more obvious now, that this is going on happend to me a few times, theres signs that these buyers aint normal, beware they'll be working on a new method. :mad: I didnt post mine props to you for letting us know. ;)

j-webber

for those who use craigslist ive had this happen twice with the very same thing. the person was interested and needed the exact info. he sent me a fraud check. i had my bank and us postal service look at the check. also if the check goes threw do not send the item it takes about 10 buisness days and my friend lost her money and her item. also do not western union them any amount have them get it from you so they do not have ur account info. my friend is going threw court bcuz the buyer was taking money out.
this is how it showed up.

hows it going? well i will say that i am glad to have a few more people interested in the laptop. the last buyer was a scam from nigeria. anyways my name is ronald pregler.
my address is 1330 arrow wood dr brea california92821 and my cell phone is 714-882-9938. if would not be a issue may i have your telephone number as well?

Jamie and Joey Webber

--- On Fri, 1/8/10, larry malcom <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: keep other buyers away!!!!!!!
To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, January 8, 2010, 2:26 PM

GOOD MORNING SEASON GREETINGS
Thanks for your quick reply i am so happy to hear from you With this I
confirmed the receipt of your mail now.Thanks for your good gestures
and your response regards to this transaction.Am okay
with the price $850 for the item and i will also add an
extra $100 just to keep other i buyer's off okay.I will send you a
cashier check from my bank to cover the cost first thing tomorrow
morning as i am happy
with your early response. anyway,i will not be available for the
pick-up of the item because i will be traveling to out of town so i got the
services of a mover whom will come for the pick up of the item on my
behalf at your location as soon as you have received the check . so i
will like you to provide me with the following information so as to
facilitate the payment for the item

1.Your full name to be on the check ...........
2.Your full address..........
3.city..........
4.state...........
5.zipcode..............
6.Your phone number..................

As soon as you have cashed it my mover will come over
for the pick-up.Thanks and Have a lovely weekend with your family, get back
to me today ,once again i wish you and your family a prosperious new year
God Bless

so be careful right now:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
just have fun:

Re: hi
Friday, January 15, 2010 10:10 PM
"Harry Parker" <[email protected]>
To:
"Daryl Drake" <[email protected]>

Hello,

Thanks for the mail, I am so happy to hear back from you that is
still for sale, I want you to know that am highly interested in
purchasing from you and the price is Okay by me.
Also i want you to know that the shipping will be arrange by me i
have a shipping company who will come to your place for the pickup
and my mode of payment will be by Certified Bank Check in Canada
Dollars the check will carry some access funds which will be be send
to the shipper but i will direct you on how that will be done when
the check get to you.When you get the payment you will deduct your
selling cost and extra $100 for the stress it will take to cash and
wire the remaining funds to my shipper for them to be able to come
for the pickup at your location.
I will want you to get back to me with your information for
payment to be made out. the
required information are:

Full Name :
Residential Address:
City:
State:
Zip code:
Price:
Phone Number:

If you are ok with the transaction and you're honest in selling to
me,Kindly email me the Information above...

Awaiting a Quick Respond from you.

Thank You.
Regards
Parker...

--- On Fri, 1/8/10, Daryl Drake <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: hi
To: "Harry Parker" <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, January 8, 2010, 9:15 PM

Harry,

Please make the check out in the amount of next Friday's total of the US national debt and make it payable to the People's Republic of China.

Upon receipt, confirmation of funds and declaration of me as this nation's savior, go on a trip to Disney World, and buy a retirement condominium in beautiful Miami, Florida.

Thanks for your continued interest, but in the face of runaway inflationary pressures on the US dollar, I'm afraid the originally quoted price must be upped.

Sincerely,
Artemus Gordon
US FEDERAL RAILROAD AGENT

--- On Fri, 1/8/10, Harry Parker <[email protected]> wrote:

To: "Daryl Drake" <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, January 8, 2010, 7:40 PM

Hello,

My method of payment will be by Certified Bank Check and it will surely clear fine ,Shipment is not a problem, Don't worry about the shipment Ok, I will make arrangement on the shipment.. I have a shipping company that will take care of the shipment..If you are ok with the transaction and you're honest in selling to me. Please can you send me more pictures of it?
Kindly Get Back to me Asap........

Awaiting a Quick Respond from you.
Thank You.
Regards
Harry....

--- On Fri, 1/8/10, Daryl Drake <[email protected]> wrote:

To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, January 8, 2010, 2:29 AM

Howdy Harry!

As I stated in the ad, the truck runs great. Three mechanics, including myself, went over it to prepare it for reliable use to tow our communications trailer for the Southern Yavapai County Sheriff's Special Response Team for Search And Rescue. But due to the county's budget woes, the county can't accept title and individual insurance policy prohibits its use by non-household members if one of our members were to put it in his/her name.

So, we found out we couldn't use it, after we did use it in one short parade while still licensed/titled to the previous owner.

It is a solid old truck, but needs cosmetics and has a minor electrical issue with the emergency flasher/turn signals. We hadn't bothered to diagnose exactly what the problem is there. It could be a bad socket, bulb or connection, or it might be the flasher unit itself.

The price, as stated in the ad, remains at $2250 since it's only been listed three days, however we will consider a reasonable offer.

Thanks for your inquiry.
Daryl

--- On Thu, 1/7/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: hi
To:
Date: Thursday, January 7, 2010, 8:20 PM

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 8369 )
Hello,
I am highly interested in the ad of Car
listed for sale and i will want you to get back to me
with its present condition if you still have it for
sale and the reason for selling it and also your last
asking price.
Thanks
Harry.....

241rivmasta

This also works the other way around too. I bought a rolling chassis from a fab shop off the RDC classifieds and also had them mount a new transmission for me. When it reached Australia the steering rack was missing also the steering shafts, uni's and steering wheel, brake callipers for front and back, rear micro stub's, skid plates, brake lines, power steering lines, fortin shifter and a few other things. After we found this out l called and emailed the shop and they said that they would fix it up but they haven't and now won't return emails or calls. So classified scams work both ways and my problem is l can't go around to his shop and gangster slap him until i get my parts because of the distance all l can do is say his name here and hopefully no one will use him. I will do that but l will give it a week more and l hope he reads this in the mean time and coughs up the goods.

M.Harvey1600

I too had Matt Machado email me... i told him the parts already sold and he wrote back that he would send a check and his delivery company would come and pick it up at my place! i hate these scammers... its only the 2nd time i have had it happen and hope nobody has ever fallen for it... normally i want to talk to the person on the phone before i commit to selling to them. that way i can clarify the legitimacy of said purchaser!

that sux rivmasta there are some shops out there that are pretty scandalous... its terrible to think there are companys within our small community that would take advantage of fellow offroaders... i hope it all works out for you

VentureCrew35

Bacon Lover
I put up a CL posting of FREE STUFF and ended up getting one of these bogus emails. When you post free stuff (small stuff at that) and get an email back saying "give me your info and I'll send you a check" and "don't worry about shipping my movers will come get it" it's not hard to tell the email is 100% pure grade-A corn fed BS.

241rivmasta

I can tell my story now as the bastard who ripped me off is now trying to sell my parts in the RDC classifieds.
Ray Potter from Potter Productions sold me a rolling chassis he had advertised in the classifieds. The problem is he didn't send the 2.5 fortin rack, Fortin Shifter, front and rear brake calipers, rear micro stubs. all the plumbing, the radiator, Momo wheel, the floor and a few other parts. The wheelbase of the chassis is 5" shorter than he told me but l must say what l did recieve was in good condition.
I would like to say if you buy any of the parts advertised you are buying stolen goods but he won't tell you that.
I have emailed him and left numerous messages but he is yet to contact me back so if you know him tell him to stand up and be a man and not a **
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA** and contact me or send the parts. All he has to do is drop the parts off at King Shocks so that they can be packed in the next container and that will be the end of it' if not l will do my best to run him into the ground at any chance l get to anyone who will listen and contact the suppliers l use and make sure they do not supply him so he can't in turn rip anyone else off.

chuckput

Here's what I received today:

Thanks for the mail, i am okay with the price of the (VW Combo Spindles) I offer you $200 and the condition terms are also okay with me, For the shipment from your location, i have my SHIPPER that will come over for the pick up from your location as soon as we seal this Transaction from your end.Do e-mail me your(FULL NAME ON CHECK,CONTACTED ADDRESS,MOBILE & LAND LINE PHONE NUMBER) For the payment arrangement, i will be paying by Check and i will wait for the check to clear before the pick up from your location.

I have a CLIENT of my that is owning me some Fund in United State that will issue you the check $2,000,as soon as you receive the check and clear from the bank, you will deduct the cost of the ADVERT and the remaining balance will be send to the Shipper through Money Gram for the pick up from your location.

If this is okay by you, do e-mail me the following detail: FULL NAME ON CHECK CONTACTED ADDRESS...MOBILE & LAND LINE PHONE NUMBER for the
check to be made out to you. Hope to read from you soonest.

Regards,
Mike.

e-mail address: Mike Playdon <[email protected]>

Sparky

Here was the latest exchange for some shocks I had up for sale. Seems that he still wanted to buy my ( race car / truck )

Hi Antonio,

The last selling price is $1,000,000,000 (one billion dollars, USD).

Please pay with a fake certified check that is for an amount that is greater than the sales price. I shall immediately wire the difference back to you. I know you are busy and unable to pick up the item yourself, so I will have everything ready when your shipping company arrives to pick up the ( Race Car / Truck ).

Regards.
- Hide quoted text -

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 3:57 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

This message from: [email protected] to ( ad # 8564 )
Hello,
How are you doing today? I'm Interested in buying your ( Race Car / Truck ) which you have for sale and i would like you to get back to me with your last selling price and the pic if available.

Thanks and waiting to read back from you.

Antonio.

241rivmasta

I have had a couple of emails from Potter Productions one was to ask me to stop telling everyone how he took advantage of me being so far away and the second one was to say l must have my facts wrong as he didn't say the parts that are missing came with it. To cut a long story short l sent him his email he sent me with all the parts that are missing clearly written down on the parts list but he has not returned my email as he must know he is in the wrong. One fun thing l have been able to do is send enquiries to him via his ads in the parts section asking him to send me my parts but he has not answered. This should not happen to a fellow off-roader l had it happen once before by a company out of Arizona but l posted it here in this section and the new owner of the company involved helped me out and supplied the chassis l was waiting for, I have had a lot of dealings with bigger companies such as Kartek, Mendeola, Trophylite and have had nothing but great service so why when you think you are doing the right thing and deal with the smaller shops do you get burned. It might not be a lot of money to some people but l can't afford to replace the stolen parts straight away so it will be another 12 months before l can race so Ray Potter l hope you are pleased with yourself. A lot of people l know down here in Aus won't deal with the USA because they don't want to be burnt as l have and quite a few other people l know have been as well so it all comes down to dealing with bigger companies and the smaller shops will miss out and in this economy that sucks, but thank the likes of Ray Potter if your business goes belly up for the lack of trade.

josh909

241rivmasta you should make a fresh thread in the look-out section to get more traffic. If what you say is true, then that's a pretty crappy situation.

snakeyjake896

mailto:[email protected] Mr Antonio must be starting a full out race team as he just offered me 15k more than I was asking for my race truck too!!! What a joke I cant believe people actuallly fall for this.

fathead

I can tell my story now as the bastard who ripped me off is now trying to sell my parts in the RDC classifieds.
Ray Potter from Potter Productions sold me a rolling chassis he had advertised in the classifieds. The problem is he didn't send the 2.5 fortin rack, Fortin Shifter, front and rear brake calipers, rear micro stubs. all the plumbing, the radiator, Momo wheel, the floor and a few other parts. The wheelbase of the chassis is 5" shorter than he told me but l must say what l did recieve was in good condition.
I would like to say if you buy any of the parts advertised you are buying stolen goods but he won't tell you that.
I have emailed him and left numerous messages but he is yet to contact me back so if you know him tell him to stand up and be a man and not a **
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA****
OOH LA LA** and contact me or send the parts. All he has to do is drop the parts off at King Shocks so that they can be packed in the next container and that will be the end of it' if not l will do my best to run him into the ground at any chance l get to anyone who will listen and contact the suppliers l use and make sure they do not supply him so he can't in turn rip anyone else off.
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/members-boats-sale/263211-1998-boson-whaler-outrage.html