Jammminjay

RDC Crypto
We decided to develop the Showroom classified feature to diversify our product offering at Race Dezert. Gone are the days of $300,000 trucks, two sentences, and a crooked iPhone photo. We want to provide an experience for the seller to truly showcase their truck, race car, or buggy and tell its story in a way it deserves to be shown. Introducing the Showroom, a classified feature listing that will be showcased right here on our RDC home page.
If you would like to submit your own vehicle to be considered for the showroom click here.
Here is how it works:

You Submit a Vehicle
We accept the ones that fit the criteria
You pay $800 (includes a feature classified ad for 2 months, $270 value)
We schedule a photoshoot
We write the classified feature
You approve the listing 
We schedule the feature
The feature goes live

Let’s look at this piece of off-road history that recently came up for sale a Rough...

Continue reading...

Advertising supports this site

Old Truck Guy

RDC Crypto
Those were the days of change for the 8 trucks.
The days where more twin tube emulsion shocks per wheel was the order of the day.(AKA Doetsch Rough Country B MK 5's!)
Until Lance Kuster came along.
We all followed design ideas from Venables hay hauler.
Rear 1/4 eliptic springs with front I beam and basic 3 link steering.
(Banana rear arm in JN's Vessels masterpiece).
Not like the hay hauler was unique though.
I want to say that the application of 1/4 eliptics
was used in early 1900 Mack trucks.

But the late 80's were the days of turbo 400's and C-6's where the sheetmetal firewall and cab positioning could not be modified.
Where EVERY 8 would nose dive over steep departures due to 60/40 weight bias.
Double the weight of a leaf spring and stick it on the rear bumper, then run it off of rollers greatly reducing unsprung weight. Effen genius Jim!
In this example, I believe they used f250 camper special rear steer spindles and just flipped them from left to right without modifying the steering knuckles.
This caused horrible Ackerman steering, causing the front to push hard in the corners, scrubbing off excessive speed.
I had 8 mm videos of those days showing said point.

Like a veteran builder told me in my formidable years. " It ain't nothin that hasn't been done before"

Not knocking the Kyhshiomos.
Just sharing engineering tidbits for the hungry minds here.

Geyser schmeyser. Haha!