• Forum membership has its advantages....

Classifieds Search by days gone?

Baja Bryan

Will you or can you please bring back the search option in classifieds to search different recent days? I used it alot. Depending how long it had been since i browsed them. Thanks

Klaus

Administrator
1. The home page of the classifieds has a link for new ads within the last 24hours.
If there is request for (and now there is...) for a more advanced search to drill down 1 day, 3 days or 7 days ago I can add it again.

2. The keyword search is there. Its the magnifying class symbol in the top right corner. It searches all the ad fields that contain title, make, model, description of ad against whatever you search for.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for the feedback.

isdtbower

I like the 24 hour search, but used the days search all the time as I might be away for awhile.

Thanks for the tip on the magnifying symbol. But the write-in space was easy.

Classified buying has been great! PayPal also makes it easy and more legit for both sides when something has to be shipped.

isdtbower

Thanks for your reply. A latest posts in the Forum would be cool also. Won';t miss anything! Cheers for the site!!

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
See the arrow next to "forums" in the header bar? Hovering over it opens a drop down menu where you can select "new posts."

isdtbower

Search in parts is not stellar tonight. Searched Fox bypass. Got one, and a second search got none. Plowed thru the 30 pages and found 4 posts. Just FYI. RDZ has helped me a ton in the last year looking for parts.

Baja Bryan

1. The home page of the classifieds has a link for new ads within the last 24 hours.
If there is request for (and now there is...) for a more advanced search to drill down 1 day, 3 days or 7 days ago I can add it again.

2. The keyword search is there. Its the magnifying class symbol in the top right corner. It searches all the ad fields that contain title, make, model, description of ad against whatever you search for.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for the feedback.
I loved I could look for recent adds in certain sections. Depended how long I did not search. I have saved searches for the categories I liked and different day increments. Please bring that back if you can.

Klaus

Administrator
I gather the days of RSS feeds are also gone?
We never tracked RSS usage and hence assumed nobody was using the feed. Glad somebody did and that is good reason to look at it again. It may come back.

Klaus

Administrator
Search in parts is not stellar tonight. Searched Fox bypass. Got one, and a second search got none. Plowed thru the 30 pages and found 4 posts. Just FYI. RDZ has helped me a ton in the last year looking for parts.
I loved I could look for recent adds in certain sections. Depended how long I did not search. I have saved searches for the categories I liked and different day increments. Please bring that back if you can.
We will add a more comprehensive search to the classifieds similar to what we had prior or perhaps better. Stay tuned... might be a few days.

Klaus

Administrator
Thanks for your reply. A latest posts in the Forum would be cool also. Won';t miss anything! Cheers for the site!!
Lets try to stay focused on Classifieds issues.... but the forum has very nice search features.

Next to the Forum button on your desktop computer (not RDC app or tapatalk) you can search "New posts" and get what I think you are looking for.

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 14.05.26.png

isdtbower

Cool. I saw your post above because you sent me the same message. It is great. I am sure 90% of the non-digital population know about this. Cheers!

In the early days I was a useful idiot for the dot com. They would try things, and if I couldn't figure it out with common sense they continued to work the programming. Today it has almost gone too far and many in dot com have lost sight of the common man.

isdtbower

Is there a way to see more classifieds per page?

I think you are working on a better search, but for now I am looking at all 300+ for specific new items that I am looking for. Bypasses bought yesterday. Thanks.

Klaus

Administrator
Ok guys... The search popup box now has different day and category filters.

For example to simply see whats new in category Wheels and Tires within the last 5 days. Leave the search field blank (to search against all) and limit the category to "Wheels and Tires" and click on the 5 days selector.
You will then get all new ads for the last 5 days in that category.