Classifieds?

Dillon

Reaction
Just wondering if its just me, but what happened to the classifieds?

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
What do you mean? The $40 tow ropes, the stock tailgates and bedsides, the $10 lights, the Honda Accord? Surely you can't have a problem with them?

Dillon

Reaction
>>>Here is the direct URL in the meantime:<<<

Okay, this is spooky as hell, there is no link in your post...lol

billymanfroy

Reaction
Dillon, perhaps you need a new tube in your univac...

Seriously, though, something's wrong with your browser, cause it all works for me.

Eric_M

Reaction
i beleive this was brought up a while back, and if im correct, the person couldnt see any of the classifieds or links in peoples posts. i think the problem was they just updated thier anti virus thing in thier computer and they had the little box marked "add blocker" checked. maybe browse through your computer and give that a try. good luck

gary

Reaction
if i'm in any of the forums sections, it's hit or miss with them. sometimes the whole upper header is gone, sometimes it's there...dont know why it does it...

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
might be the word "ads" in the url that your anti advertisement program blocks...

kjmiller1

Reaction
I know their is a problem with your html in your top frame being compatible with Netscape, My girlfriend borrowed my html book so I can't tell you exactly why, but I'll check it out later.

kjmiller1

Reaction
I should say some versions of netscape
But just looking at it, your width attribute is there with no value specified in the <table> tag and your first <td> tag.

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Sorry to hijack the thread but JrSyko brings up a good point. There seems to be a LOT more BS in the classifieds now. Maybe they are just getting known as the king of classifieds now, and more poeple know about them - who knows.
I posted an ad in there a while back asking for the crap (TONS of stock fenders, and the used car guy that had a couple disco cehvy's in there, etc.) to be removed so we could have desert classifieds again. I recieved 2 F--y you, A--hole emails for this and about 10 "thank you" emails. Due to this response I'm thinking JR and I are not alone in being annoyed w/ this BS. I know there was some talk in the past of paying to post in the classifieds, and I think having to pay just a couple bucks (which I would gladly pay to get my DESERT stuff to the correct audience) an ad would keep the crap to a minimum. Is there any more thought/news on this Klaus or John? Steve

kjmiller1

Reaction
oh, your missing your ending </tr> tag, that could definately throw off less sophisticated browsers

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I have been approving lot of "junk" and non off-road items for a reason.
The plan is to break down the classifieds into more subsections so it will be much easier to find what you are looking for and also as a seller your item will stay longer on top in its respected category.

By collecting a lot of ads I am creating content to populate the "new" classifieds...Unfortunaly I am a little bit behind on the development on the "new" classifieds and the quantity rich content is becomming a overwhelming.

Hang in there it will get better.

RacerX

Reaction
Its also stupid to see wanted adds in the for sale section. Cant people read.

kjmiller1

Reaction
What if you implemented a star system like in the forums, where any registered forum user could vote an ad to the bottom and in your search you could say that you only want to see ads with 2 or more stars, it would be a replacement to the old comments way of telling someone their an idiot, but without the vulgarity

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Windows XP can be a pain also...it remembers way too much.

btshannon

Reaction
Testimonial

We found the Uff Da 2.0 racecar in the classifieds. "martinsocal" sold the car to us. Mid eighties Raceco two seater. Very solid car, won class 1300 at the last MDR race at Barstow, turned fastest lap in class, and that lap time was only about a half a minute behind the 1/1600 fast lap.

You may have to look hard for the good ones but they are there.

martininsocal

Reaction
I noticed the same problem when you first switched servers. I could see the banner across the top as long as I didn't enter the message section. Once I entered the message section, I couldn't enter the classifieds unless I closed RDC out and then re-entered. It doesn't happen now, but it did when you first switched.

motoxscott

Reaction
Since everyone is throwing in their suggestions here's one......

In the classified and readers ridez can we have it size down pictures down to a certain size. Is it just me or are their others that hate to have to scroll 10ft to the right to see the whole pic ??

Keep up the good work, and if you want to start charging $$$, my check will be in the mail.

-Scott