Clean-dezert is looking for you

Clean-Dezert.org

Reaction
We are planning our 3rd annual clean-up for barstow this year. I believe we have a date set, and now is the time to find sponsors and companies who are interested in helping out. This is a great way for any and all companies to show thier support to the volunteers who help keep the deserts clean. Without the support of these companies there is no way we could put on all the great events we have in the past. So if you or someone you know wants to give back to the community, the desert and your favorite sport please let me know.

Adam Filbin

adam@clean-dezert.org

baja619

Reaction
We would like to help out next time you come down to Plaster City.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
i wanna come up and volunteer and do my part... when is the date for the cleanup?

Clean-Dezert.org

Reaction
we will more then likely just participate in the drive plaster city clean-ups since Doug is doing such a great job down there. clean-dezert wont be organizing a clean up in the area. But we can always use product and sponsors for our barstow clean-ups. Its a great way to give back and also show everyone that you support the volunteers.

I will have a post up soon with the official date and information regarding the clean-up. But i can tell you its later in the year. We have to start planning now to get information in the magazines.

FCORR

Reaction
I won't be missing it this year! I sent an email to DMZ, Tim should be contacting you soon. I will have the race truck out there as well. Good job Adam and crew!

-A.J.

rallyorg

Reaction
I would like to partcipate and I can see about getting some other ralliest to help out as well. I can check into about a sponsor. I think this is great because it is showing to the government agencies as motorsport enthusiasts/organizers/competitors...we DO care about the desert.

Denise McMahon
Chairperson - Desert Storm Rally/Plan B Rally
Series Director - Southwest RallyCup Series

Clean-Dezert.org

Reaction
I would like to partcipate and I can see about getting some other ralliest to help out as well. I can check into about a sponsor. I think this is great because it is showing to the government agencies as motorsport enthusiasts/organizers/competitors...we DO care about the desert.

Denise McMahon
Chairperson - Desert Storm Rally/Plan B Rally
Series Director - Southwest RallyCup Series
We are always trying to expand our clean-up to all different types of organizations. right now we are mainly with prerunners, and race vehicles since that is my background. However I really want to try and get more 4x4, 2 wheel guys and rally guys out to help out. What most people do not realize is that, this will be one of the most fun trips in the desert you have experienced. Picking up trash is not a chore but almost like a big game. Who can find the biggest and the best. Its like a easter egg hunt for adults. Denise if you wouldnt mind emailing me at Adam@clean-dezert.org i would like to talk to you more about how we can get some of you guys out to the event.

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
We are always trying to expand our clean-up to all different types of organizations. right now we are mainly with prerunners, and race vehicles since that is my background. However I really want to try and get more 4x4, 2 wheel guys and rally guys out to help out. What most people do not realize is that, this will be one of the most fun trips in the desert you have experienced. Picking up trash is not a chore but almost like a big game. Who can find the biggest and the best. Its like a easter egg hunt for adults. Denise if you wouldnt mind emailing me at Adam@clean-dezert.org i would like to talk to you more about how we can get some of you guys out to the event.
Well when you put it like that!! :D I've seen the amounts of trash that's been hauled in from past clean ups and it ALWAYS amazes me what and how much crap people leave in the desert!! :eek:

I'm down for the next clean up in Ocotillo Wells or Plaster City areas :D

Keep up the good work and little by little lets hope people get a clue and STOP littering at the desert!! :D

FCORR

Reaction
I'm down. I will check back in for the date.
November 14th appears to be the date, 1 week before the 1000.

Adam, good point on the Easter egg hunt, at the first Barstow clean up I attended we went out and found a trailer near the Hodge drop off, we disassembled it, loaded it onto 4 or 5 different trucks and hauled it down the race course back to the dumpsters. One of the most fun days I have ever had in the desert....

bomber

Reaction
Is this date confirmed?

QurtysLyn

Reaction
I'd love to come, but Barstow is just too far away. However, if you want to expand operations northward (way north ;)) at any point, I'll be glad to round up the troops.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
Yes November 14th it is.
That's the day after my 31st B-day this year. What a wonderful way for me to spend my weekend, who is gonna give me a ride in their bad ass racecar????

(by the way I'd do it no matter what. I always leave Barstow with more trash than I brought!!!!)

dwasser

Reaction
we will more then likely just participate in the drive plaster city clean-ups since Doug is doing such a great job down there. clean-dezert wont be organizing a clean up in the area. But we can always use product and sponsors for our barstow clean-ups. Its a great way to give back and also show everyone that you support the volunteers.

I will have a post up soon with the official date and information regarding the clean-up. But i can tell you its later in the year. We have to start planning now to get information in the magazines.
Thanks for the compliment. I was just talking to Marty from D-38 Chicken Bones about the Oct 31st clean-up. We’ve got some great plans.

I will through in a free entry for the first 2010 DRIVE race as a raffle prize at the Barstow clean-up and will do my best to get up there for it. It’s going to be tuff though. We have a clean-up on Oct 31st, we will volunteer at the D-38 Chicken Bones race on Nov 1st, then we have our last race for 2009 on Nov 7th. We also have to fit in the Off-Road Expo earlier in Oct. And will more then likely volunteer at the D-38 Full Throttle race on Nov 14th.

Holly cr@p it’s going to be a busy Winter.

bpthirteen

Reaction
OC Motorsports is now a sponsor for Clean-Dezert and we will be bringing the boys out to help.

Clean-Dezert.org

Reaction
Thanks for the compliment. I was just talking to Marty from D-38 Chicken Bones about the Oct 31st clean-up. We’ve got some great plans.

I will through in a free entry for the first 2010 DRIVE race as a raffle prize at the Barstow clean-up and will do my best to get up there for it. It’s going to be tuff though. We have a clean-up on Oct 31st, we will volunteer at the D-38 Chicken Bones race on Nov 1st, then we have our last race for 2009 on Nov 7th. We also have to fit in the Off-Road Expo earlier in Oct. And will more then likely volunteer at the D-38 Full Throttle race on Nov 14th.

Holly cr@p it’s going to be a busy Winter.

Your the man doug. My plan is to be at your clean-up on the 31st, to prepare myself for mine on the 14th. lol I agree its going to be busy, but its the desert, and always fun out there...

Also thanks to OC Motorsports for the sponsorship/donation for the clean-up. I will have more info soon with all sponsors and some exciting things for our event.

phoenixx

Reaction
November 14th appears to be the date, 1 week before the 1000.

Adam, good point on the Easter egg hunt, at the first Barstow clean up I attended we went out and found a trailer near the Hodge drop off, we disassembled it, loaded it onto 4 or 5 different trucks and hauled it down the race course back to the dumpsters. One of the most fun days I have ever had in the desert....
That was fun AJ. That's the fun I miss. Looks like WyoTech will be sponsoring the Barstow one. News to come.

Clean-Dezert.org

Reaction
Alright, the FREE SHIRT sign up is working now. The first 250 Volunteers to sign up will receive a free shirt at the event. If funds allow i will extend this. Please go to www.clean-dezert.org and click the link on the first page.

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
Alright, the FREE SHIRT sign up is working now. The first 250 Volunteers to sign up will receive a free shirt at the event. If funds allow i will extend this. Please go to www.clean-dezert.org and click the link on the first page.
Just wanted to bump this up to get move visibility. This will be an awesome time for all and you can all help me celebrate my birthday!!!:D:D:D