• Forum membership has its advantages....

Cliente advice??

LAPoliceGear.com

Who has stayed or raced in Cliente, NV? Thinking about entering the SNORE race there on June 11th. Can anyone recommend the best (cleanest) place to stay ? Anyone camped out there? Any comments appreciated.

Sean
LA Police Gear, Inc

mgobaja

I would guess all rooms are now gone. Next closest places are out by Vegas Speedway, which will be a 2 to 3 hour drive up depending on traffic on race morning.

offroadracer516

All the hotels are booked up. BUT You can camp at the main pit. And there is a camp ground with rv hook up's across the street from the main pit area.

Bro_Gill

If you're worried about the best (cleanest) place to stay at a desert race, I would suggest renting a motorhome. That way you know for sure.

Fourstroker

Camp. Caliente is a real cool area and fun place to race. Make sure to have a couple at the Knotty Pine for me

C.J. Hutchins

Yes, I agree with everyone, most people camp out at this race. Really fun course, closet thing to a Baja 500 style course, stateside!

Bdub 1020

Yes, I agree with everyone, most people camp out at this race. Really fun course, closet thing to a Baja 500 style course, stateside!
Oh the Caliente class 10 battles CJ. Man I miss those days. Heck even TJ raced his 10 car there. Man I hit a bridge , a tree among other things all in one day. Camping in the main pits is so much fun. That's where the Danny Porters cactus cooler and vodka was invented in the red solo cup lol. I gotta a few 1 nut knick names there thanks to my Mom who did not drink. But Lucas gave her jello squares with moonshine. Miss you Gramma Woodward. Caliente one of the Best races ever.

snoreracer

Who has stayed or raced in Cliente, NV? Thinking about entering the SNORE race there on June 11th. Can anyone recommend the best (cleanest) place to stay ? Anyone camped out there? Any comments appreciated.

Sean
LA Police Gear, Inc
If you want rooms , there were some last week in Alamo Panaca and Pioche . Alamo is about 1 hour away , Pioche is about 20 minuets and some racers stay there and have a good time Panaca is 10 minutes away but no place to unwind afterwards. Camping is one of the best options in Caliente . The race gets over by 4pm awards at 6pm and a big BBQ on main street starting at 7pm . This is a real fun experience as just about everyone racing will stay and bench race afterwards

Panaca

Cathedral Gorge Inn
109 South US HWY 93
Panaca, Nevada
(775) 728-4263

Pine Tree Inn and Bakery
412 N. Third St.
(775) 728-4675
Pioche

Mount Wilson Ranch
8302 Mount Wilson Ranch Road
(775) 724-3112

Tillie’s Mini Mart/Wright Cabins
704 Main Street
(775) 962-5205
Alamo
The Alamo Inn

300 N. US Highway 93
(775) 725-3371

A Cowboy’s Dream B&B
95 Hand Me Down Road
(775) 725-3500

Sunset View Inn
Highway 93, South of Alamo
(775) 725-3843

Windmill Ridge
US Highway 93, Windmill Circle
(775) 725-3686

nohandslance

Camp out at Main Pit.
A beautiful part of the country. Enjoy the interaction with all the racer families.