Close Call

Zambo

What do you guys think, should that be a DQ or should we ban him for life?

VeryFast

Definitely an infraction. Even the Gentlemens Gentleman of the sport can have his judgement obscured by a "competitive edge".

indefab

What can you say, a dude who clearly is a smart veteran racer and pretty much never makes these kinds of mistakes got caught on video making a poor split-second decision. Im guessing Rob didnt see the truck when he pulled out because he was right behind the truck that shot the video, and when he did he had to just ride it out and pray.

Whats the point, is somebody looking for a penalty? Doesn't look intentional to me based on the timing, why would he risk a head on intentionally? I don't buy that story. A little hasty maybe, but thats what desert racing is now at the top level, you gotta make every second count. Im glad there was no contact, it did have the potential to be a very bad situation, but that lies around every corner in Baja. The amazing part is that there are not more accidents.

I think there are some drivers that push their luck, I don't believe Rob is one of them. What do you guys think?

Zac Reish

Looks more like that driving trick has been exposed. Pretty sure more will do it. He could easily see the truck.

indefab

what trick Zac, your telling me he charged head on and played chicken with a stranger, are you high???

Rob is alot smarter then that, Im alot smarter then that. You are even a-lot smarter then that Zac, and anyone pulling this so called trick is playing with their lives and others. I really don't buy it man. why doesn't somebody just ask Rob what happened?

Zac Reish

"Hey I'm pulling on to the avement right behind TJ. send the truck my way" "10-4". I know that's far fetched but so legal.

indefab

oh got it. yeah thats a long shot, I thought of something similar where helo has contact with white truck but yeah pretty far fetched. To have a truck at the right place at the right time ready to pull that, way long shot like shooting at the moon.

trailready

ADVERTISER
I think the 11 was coming with good timing for the pass that the 38 didn't take advantage of and the 38 truck pulled a bit of a blocking maneuver(the second time that he moved left) that caused the 11 to slow down screwing up the timing.