Closest testing area to CO?

SuperRanger

Reaction
Hi, we're looking for a good place to test a 6100 and train as close to CO as possible. Anything in CO is pretty snowy and cold right now. We need something that is worth the trip - some whoops and burms and open enough to safely run.

I'm thinking Vegas is as close as we are going to get. Is it acceptable to go to Jean / Primm?

Anything in southern Utah or north of Vegas?

Anything in northern New Mexico or Arizona?

Thanks

OFFRD-JNKIE

Reaction
I know there are a couple teams that race out of Grand junction you might try to contact them and see where they test.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

MTPyle

Reaction
Yeah we have 6" of snow on the ground and would have to drive to at least St George to get dry dirt to test in. For sure makes it harder for us teams up north. Not sure why I live in Utah anyway LOL.

We were going to go test this week somewhere south but trucks not back together yet. Waiting on a few last minute parts. It's so hard to get any parts or work done from anyone during the holiday's

And we expected to have a light prep from Laughlin Rage to Parker 425 but once you tear it down a little you end up with the while we are here syndrome. Hehe.

Mike

desertspeed

Reaction
I live in St George and while there are many open areas that you can drive off road around here, most are not ideal for shock testing. They are mostly smooth fire roads or narrow two tracks made by UTVs. The Silverstate race course is close as well, but again that is pretty smooth. For just general truck testing you have hundreds of square miles in the AZ Strip and Mesquite areas.

If you want good whoop sections for shock testing probably the vegas area is your best bet.

Bro_Gill

Reaction
Go to Sand Hollow in Hurricane, Ut. and get a little of everything. Top of Az. is right there as well. Easy camping and everything is available.

Racing Ron

Reaction
We've got a few places to test trucks, but nothing for garment storage. Sorry amigo.

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
Northern Arizona here in flagstaff. We have the cinders off road area. Lots of whoops open area. But it is cold and about two inches of snow today but melting off. Hit or miss here if snow is on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Reaction
Oh and here's some closets getting big air:

johndjmix

Reaction
We (wild power sports) are in denver. We have a few spots we test at. Send me a PM and we can chat.

—John

J Prich

Reaction
Hard to beat Jean if you’re looking for testing AND seat time. A lot of variety and experience on actual race course.

SuperRanger

Reaction
Hard to beat Jean if you’re looking for testing AND seat time. A lot of variety and experience on actual race course.
So Jean is open OHV BLM that we can access? Sorry, I have only raced there and want to make sure it is legit outside of official events. Thank you

bajadreamer

Reaction
Little Sahara State Park in Waynoka Oklahoma... look it up ... not too far from CO
At least it’s another option... lots of whoops and jumps

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Gary Plagman

Reaction
Go South to pueblo race way out by the Dam. Open space good place in Colorado to de-bug.

Reaction
^^^ Looks like we have a winner!

johndjmix

Reaction
Guys, a bunch of you have emailed me and judging from the numbers all of us in Colorado should connect up. If you own a race vehicle for BITD/SCORE/etc send me a PM with your email and phone. I’ll get a list together so we all know who’s here.

—John