cls 10 vs cls 1600 budget?

Volcom1095

Reaction
just curious on to what the difference is in a budget for a 1600 per race? do your motors and trans go in every, race prep amount etc. vs 10 car i know the buying the car is a big difference but after that is there a bigger amount spent for class 10 then class 1600 in prep?
i am currently splitting the prep amount for our class 10 car 3 ways. but a friend of mine asked if I wanted to split driving and the prep amount for his 1600 car and i was curious to what 1600 guys spend on prep, just to get an i dea of what i need to spend.
plus whats the ride difference between the 2 ive only driven in class 10.
thanks Eric
WISEGUY RACING 1095

mgobaja

Reaction
Depending on what transmission you have in your class 10 car, the 1/2-1600 transmission maintnence bill should be next to nothing compared to a class 10 car. You will have bushings in the suspension to replace in a 16 car vs rod ends in a 10 car if it's an a-arm car. Fuel should be almost the same. With 10 cars comes more technology if it's a fuel injected / water cooled car. And with that parts are more expensive. 1/2-1600 cars generally have a real high finish ratio in long races because they are tough cars.

Rodney

Reaction
I have done a full season in both cars. In 10, you must start off with all the best drivetrain equipment. Our Fortin trans never failed and we had a $1000.00 or so rebuild every 1000 miles. The toyota on the other hand was a nightmare regarding the maintenance cost. That little motor screaming at 8500 rpm all day really used up the parts. After 9 races, we spent $12,000 on the motor. The 16 car only required 1 valve job in the same 9 races. The mendeola trans also never failed and we had it freshened twice during the season. The rest of the chassis stuff really wasn't all that bad on either car. There is an old saying..."run the class you can afford" I wish I would have listened!!!

Winning IS everything