• Forum membership has its advantages....

CNC Brake Help

I have a 1450 Ranger with cnc 1” master cylinders, CNC 630 calipers and 14” rotors. After RATR we mainly had rear brakes and would have to pump the pedal 3-4 times to slow down. Since then I rebuilt both masters and replaced both 2psi residual valves. After getting some pedal back it was only locking up the front rotors with light pressure to the rears. I figured the balance bar might need to be adjusted, so I went and drove the truck down the street. First time I tried to stop, the pedal goes to the floor. After pumping a few times it slows down but the pedal will still go to the floor. I have since capped the masters to make sure they are not bleeding past and it had a rock hard pedal. Before throwing more parts at it, I wanted to see if anyone else has ever had a similar issue. Any input would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

osborne

I have had a similar issue and after many many hours and $'s i figured out that rear axle flex was causing the rotor s to push the pistons back into the calipers just enough to have to pump the pedal to make em work. Are your calipers mounted to the top of your axle?

I have a fabricated ruff stuff housing that is fully trussed. The calipers are mounted roughly 45 degrees off the top of the axle tubes. The issue I have right now was just driving down the street in a straight line and trying to stop.

osborne

I could get firm pedal in the garage, but as soon as i drove the rear calipers would open up. Cap off front m/c and run it to isolate the rear. Then cap the rear to see if fronts work. Have to isolate the issue first then solve it

Dirtracer 619

They are difficult to bleed properly. You can get a vacuum pump from harbor freight that works pretty good. Your master cylinders might be too big. I wood call CNC in san diego to walk you through it. They are pretty easy to deal with. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert

desertspeed

They are difficult to bleed properly. You can get a vacuum pump from harbor freight that works pretty good. Your master cylinders might be too big. I wood call CNC in san diego to walk you through it. They are pretty easy to deal with. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using race-deZert
They are very difficult to bleed. One trick is to get a spare reservoir cap and tap a schrader valve into it, and then pressurize with nitrogen (10lbs or so). You can then bleed the calipers, topping off the pressure as needed.

Kyle D

Those calipers are terrible to bleed but check your rotors too. If they’ve gotten warped they’ll do the same thing as a bent or flexing axle housing and push the pistons back into your calipers while your driving.