Co-Driver's hands?

Doug Bros

Reaction
I've been co-driving in UTV woods races for several years. We're giving desert racing a try and we recently bought a BITD prepped RZR. I've always used the factory grab bar and liked having something to brace myself with. Our new RZR has the grab bar replaced with the Lowrance. So, what's typical for co-driver to do with their hands (yeah,plenty of smartass comments out of this one)? Should I just get used to the new norm of having my hands in my lap? Thanks for any advice or your preference you can give me.

CFreeLV

Reaction
In my experience whenever I rode in a car with a grab bar I noticed I would be squeezing that thing with everything I had. It made me tense up and not breath properly and eventually I would get a gnarly pain by my sternum. In cars that didn't have a grab bar I would loosely hold on to the shoulder belts and that pain never arose. I can't remember if I crossed my arms or not. Just remember to be loose and breath. My .02 cents

I've been co-driving in UTV woods races for several years. We're giving desert racing a try and we recently bought a BITD prepped RZR. I've always used the factory grab bar and liked having something to brace myself with. Our new RZR has the grab bar replaced with the Lowrance. So, what's typical for co-driver to do with their hands (yeah,plenty of smartass comments out of this one)? Should I just get used to the new norm of having my hands in my lap? Thanks for any advice or your preference you can give me.

green787

Reaction
I give my co-driver a throttle pedal and a bar to hang on to... That way when they go to drive they are already trained to hit the gas in extreme situations.... :D

toyota truck 013.jpg

manicmechanic

Reaction
Just use the bar to pull the seat up and the belts tight, and then do the rag doll dance.

jon coleman

Reaction
good bonzai bar is one on lower sides of seat , one or both sides , so if driver skyshots, and gravity always wins, u can brace for impact, better holding on down by your hipps/ butt than way out front on dash

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
Some of the riders in my Yamaha R1 powered razer have been known to apply extreme pressure in a repetitive manor to my crotch area screaming something about my mother

T-ROY racing

Reaction
usually keep my hands in my lap, holding a rag and gloves.. when i would use the grab bar, i would be squeezing way to tight and would get painful.. in a chance of a rollover, grab your belts and go for the ride..