Coco Needs Help.

Wasson Racing

So as some of you may know Coco had surgery. He is staying in Gurrero Negro with a family who is giveing him food and medication. He is in need of money. He only gets $160.00 a month from the Mexican government, and this is not enough to cover for his medication and other health supplies. There is also a wheel chair fund for his wheel chair this money is only for the wheel chair. Coco is going to be in Gurreo Negro for 10 months and the wheel chair is not on his 1st priority list. The girl helping taking care of Coco has put a buddy of mine and me incharge of trying to get funds to help Coco. The family taking care of Coco is in the process of geting account info, and I will post that as soon as I get the info. So please give a little back to a man who has given a whole lot.

Attachments

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Set up a paypal account so we can donate. It is easy and I think most of the community will support this.

Wasson Racing

Trey P. Thats what we are going for. I should have the accont info soon.

D4D

What type of medical stuff does Coco need? I have a good connection within a drug company who is always doing donations that they can use as tax write offs. These donations are large, Red Cross type stuff and for individuals that need help.

And let me ask this, has Coco talked with anyone or has anyone gone to him and offered to run his place at the 1000? My thought is that a few key people to run the show, get some donations and turn all the funds over to him. The 1000 has to be a big revenue source, if he is going to be laid up for 10 months it will effect him if someone does not do this. I don't know that I am volunteering to play a big role in this (Sorry SEMA puts a lot on me before the 1000) but I would be willing to help.

Wasson Racing

What type of medical stuff does Coco need? I have a good connection within a drug company who is always doing donations that they can use as tax write offs. These donations are large, Red Cross type stuff and for individuals that need help.

And let me ask this, has Coco talked with anyone or has anyone gone to him and offered to run his place at the 1000? My thought is that a few key people to run the show, get some donations and turn all the funds over to him. The 1000 has to be a big revenue source, if he is going to be laid up for 10 months it will effect him if someone does not do this. I don't know that I am volunteering to play a big role in this (Sorry SEMA puts a lot on me before the 1000) but I would be willing to help.
I dont know what kind of medication he needs, but its something I might be able to find out. This is somthing that would realy help.

ChrisW

Count me in for some financial support...please advise who's setting up an account to collect funds

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
This might be a crazy idea, but from what I have heard, Coco doesn't really like charity. My thought was to have someone like Rory design an official 'Coco Racing' t-shirt. RDC could sell some, and in addition we could take a bunch down to him (free of course) for him to sell over the next year or so. I would be happy to donate $$$ for the shirts and would volunteer to deliver them to him when he returns to his place (November? December?) Good idea...bad idea?

Wasson Racing

This might be a crazy idea, but from what I have heard, Coco doesn't really like charity. My thought was to have someone like Rory design an official 'Coco Racing' t-shirt. RDC could sell some, and in addition we could take a bunch down to him (free of course) for him to sell over the next year or so. I would be happy to donate $$$ for the shirts and would volunteer to deliver them to him when he returns to his place (November? December?) Good idea...bad idea?
This is a good idea but Coco needs money now for his meds and stuff. The family that he is staying with is in the process of seting up a account so we can donate. We might be able to have t-shirt sales on the side or somthing I will have more info soon.

If you have any questions PM me or trackmaster (the guy who has all the hook ups with the family) This is basicly the extent of my knowledge at this point.

trackmaster

thats a great idea, i wonder who has made his decals in the past.

Osidebronco

My neighbor/friend does design and silkscreen. We would have to come up with a concept though for him to design by.

WALSHMOTORSPORTS

So who is going to build him a mobile chair? I believe if a shop took on the build for a off-road chair to get home around the donations would be endless for parts and cash to build it. I don't have a fab shop myself but am willing to donate $$$ to the shop that steps up for the build! Any shop want to take on the build? Has anyone started?

Shred918

Kick down with some more info on this as I am also willing to give. I have never met the guy but have heard nothing but great things about him.

Dern y Paulina

The following messages regarding Coco were posted on a baja message board by "Shari" of Bahia Asuncion. There was a request to forward the message on to racing sites, so here it is. I hope no one on RDC minds that I took the liberty to do so.

P.

Shari's message:

"I was sthinking....and wondering...I hope Coco's plight is well advertised on the racing sites and message boards...perhaps some of you involved in that area could make sure that this update gets passed on...it's just not my area of expertise...thank you racing types!!!"

"I LOVE THIS BOARD!!! I saw Coco's picture here and happened to be at Los Caracoles to see my amigos staying there when I see Coco's smiling mug behind the wheel of a station wagon in the parking lot. I was in a big hurry as I had a doctors appointment I was late for...but I couldn't resist introducing myself to this Baja Star....WELLLL...I'm sooo glad I did because Coco is one wild dude and one of THE most amazing people I have ever met...my kind of amigo for sure...top notch...great sense of humor...get up and go guy. I ended up chatting for a good long while and would like to relate some of the things he told me.

Coco was hoping to sort things out at the bank so he could access some of the funds people had been sending his way as he is totally and completely broke...I gave him some gas money which he said he'd rather buy some tequila with...whatever gas gets him to where he needs to be! A nice gringo lent him the car for awhile which is really cool....get this...he was figuring out how to drive it with no legs...he had 2 sticks he was using to press the gas pedal and the brake...kinda tricky but he's getting the hang of it now...but holding the 2 sticks and the steering wheel is not easy and he cant' open a beer while driving either...haha...I was totally amazed at how he could drive like this...anyway...he proceeded to tell me more than one outrageous story and yep I was late for my appointment but he doctor saw me anyway. Turns out Coco lived in Asuncion in the late 50's and worked as a diver.

He told me about his operation and how they screwed up and when I asked him why he didn't go to Ensenada for better doctors...he grinned and pointed at the maid at Los Caracoles and said he came to Guerrero hoping to win her heart!!!!! Rascal I guess that's why he hangs around Los caracoles...what a guy eh!
I mentioned the efforts on Nomad to raise funds to help Coco and he related to me how he had helped so many gringos over the years that hopefully the tortilla would be flipped and some of his unconditional kindness would come back to him to help him in his time of need. His pension is 1,500 pesos a month...barely enough for beer!

It was an honour to have finally met one of baja's true heros. Someone HAS to do a COCO book...so dig deep into your hearts and pockets nomads to help this deserving man. (I sure hope he gets the girl in the end)

Bad news is that Coco's corners has been vandalized, robbed and all his beer stolen...bummer... Coco thinks it was some punks from GN as they know he's there and not at his place...dirtbags. Too bad someone couldn't camp out there and look after his place or all his tools will disappear soon."

jrtorres

I can't believe someone would vandalize his place....I'm kinda at a loss for words...but as soon as pay pal information is posted count me in for a donation.