• Forum membership has its advantages....

Cocos road

Zambo

How is it these days? Getting any closer to opening the paved road?

swiftracing5

At the 1000 they were working away on it, probably 5-10 miles of dirt from hwy 1 to cocos? Heading north from cocos to hwy 5 still had a lot of dirt road. It was pretty much paved from hwy 1 to the mountains.

Zambo

Thanks. Last time I was there was a year ago and it was still dirt from 7 miles north of cocos all the way to hwy 1.

nimrod

KOOK!
The storms This fall and winter did some pretty good damage to already completed work.

TRAVISD

They have stopped all work. Was down in mid febuary and nothing is happening from where the pavement ends south of Gonzaga all the way to the HWY.

Lord Green

I just drove through last Monday. There's about 5 miles of pavement east of the 1, but it stops about 1/2 way to Coco's. There are lsome bridges complete, but some major earthwork needed to get further. Graded road north to Gonzaga. North of Gonzaga most of the bridges are washed out with detours around them. It took us 2, hours and 40 minutes to get from about a mile north of Coco's to San Felipe. Lots of semi truck traffic, so its faster than the 1 for getting south.

ACME

The road work has stopped due to a lack of funds. In early Feb Coco was in good spirits, some of his signs and misc stuff on the outside MIA, the dirt road sections from Gonzaga to Hwy1 are getting hammered. Lot's of fallen rock where they cut through and not only bridges on both the paved and unpaved areas washed out, but road big washouts as well. Be careful and watch your speeds as some of the spots on the shoulders had no cones and others had dirt mounds/spots that marked-hid washouts. One bridge northbound was marked about 20' before the missing bridge.

Fourstroker

That’s what I was thinking. Was more worried about a fuel stop then beating us to BOLA

Radiobirdman32

Yeah, don't drive the section south of Puertecitos to Gonzaga at night. Puertecitos/ San Felipe road is a mess too until the poblado half way up.