• Forum membership has its advantages....

CODE Class 950

Grease Weed

I would’ve stayed if sinceable changes could have been implemented. Updating.
IRS is not Class whine swingers.

dannyg124

Im one of the persons curently building one of the 950s there are 11 950s being built right now the only diference from a class 9 is the irs type 1 or type 2 cvs the rest stays the same

tapeworm

After reading the rules they were clearly not a complete thought and thrown together. Way to much ambiguity that leaves the door open to a lot of modifications

QurtysLyn

So Type 1 CVs, Stock Arms, stock Torsion dimensions.

Mohr

Does anyone realize how much heavier the car will be???

y2kbaja

This was brought up by a fellow class 9 racer. Yes, added weight. Carrying spare cv's and axles. Plus the weight of the arms, nuts bolts, etc. I know my single seater can shed the weight to compensate (skid plate is steel and weighs 97 lbs)..

y2kbaja

spare cv's and axle, added weight of arms, nuts bolts, etc.

Bro_Gill

Imagine how cool it would be to break an axle on course and swap in the replacement right there without a chase truck to tow you to pits and calling it a day, especially at a race like the 1000 or V2R? Oh, wait, never mind. Change sucks...

OscarD29

Really cool to see the builds being done already. Hopefully the series up here follows
Agreed! I was building my car to race MORE and SNORE due to the lack of 9’s in baja. Knowing there are more 9’s being built to race down there is great, I will be converting to IRS for sure and hope they change the rules up here in the future so I can race the car on both sides of the border!

QurtysLyn

Pretty sure that we'll be allowing IRS in BOR this year. I've talked to almost all the 9 guys with us and they're good with it.

Mohr

Did they change the front end gusset rule too? Otherwise, that front end is illegal..." a single tube from tower to tower"