Code Jacume Updates

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
Hot, fun,carnage,fun,hot,good times!!!!! Alex Almeraz rolled a 8 truck, Cachola Jr was having some problems with his trans shifter cable and short driveline(I assume the cable got wrapped in driveline? Jason McNeil broke trans and all sorts of other good stuff,seamed to have a good turn out lots of 11 cars going off by 2's,all and all good. BTW tacos in Tecate were BA as always!!!!

randy s

Reaction
really hot and dusty but lotsa fun. code does a nice job. kudos the the folks that own that ranch where they stage the race.

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
any word on the orange 9 car .GUILTY on the side. Thanks

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
really bumed out i cant race tomorrow :(

Hacha

Reaction
any word on the orange 9 car .GUILTY on the side. Thanks
Dennis we finish 4rt,I had a awesome weekend THANKS for the well prep,I broke a r.spindle prerruning on friday,front flat tire on saturday morning and lost the clutch at the last lap so couldn't finish the first heat.
second heat finish second with no problems at all.
Thanks to you guys I had a nice race car work great (one of the faster cars by the way) I wiil see you guys tomorrow.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Dennis we finish 4rt,I had a awesome weekend THANKS for the well prep,I broke a r.spindle prerruning on friday,front flat tire on saturday morning and lost the clutch at the last lap so couldn't finish the first heat.
second heat finish second with no problems at all.
Thanks to you guys I had a nice race car work great (one of the faster cars by the way) I wiil see you guys tomorrow.
that litlle 9 ws hauling the whole race ! Nice racing

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Finished 5th or 6th, got a flat with the tire coming out of the wheel on the 2nd lap of the 1st heat. Lost 2nd by around 8 minutes, THE FLAT !

Racing is racing is racing, had a ball, almost flipped the car over 6-7 times, morning heat undrivable with the dust lingering on the course. Did the first lap completely blind. Vikingos slamed into a metal post around the start, seems like he ripped the whole front end off. Salcido flipped in the morning and in the afternoon.
Looks like it was Aviña, Garavito, Rabago,....,Varela, Negrete and then us...

Great race, great course, just a lot of carnage !!

omar

harleys dad

Reaction
Race report 1601. First off, I had a great time, my friend Hugo Tiznado came up from Ensanada to ride with me and we had a great time camping, BBQ and enjoying the overall party atmosphere that is Jacume. In the first race I had massive shift issues and found it nearly impossible to down shif from 3rd to 2nd and ruff to get it into 4th gear,after the first race found the shift coupler rubbers broke with a piece missing, the pumper failed on the start line and to make it worce my pumper helmet somehow grew 4 sizes to big? and kept falling in my eyes. finished 4th in the first heat in spite of all the trouble. I was slatted to start 1st in the 2nd heat but with the shifting issue far from fixed rite I elected to start in the back to stay out of the way of the close race but found that to be dumb move as things went way better the 2nd race as the stick I put in the coupler made 2nd gear at least 50 percent usable and 4th gear came back full time and started moving threw the cars that should have started behind me. I also could see as I wore my motorcycle helmet and spy goggles which worked great until my goggles fell off halfway threw the 3rd lap. After all the problems 2nd place for the day was not bad. A little excitment in teck as the 3rd place car protested the 1st place car but then the 3rd place car was found to have a drilled out restrictor plate so he was instantly DQed! Kinda a bummer, i dont think they did it, but bought the car that way. I am going to say Code puts on a Triple AAA race, you are made to feel welcome, the races started rite on time which was bad for some late comers that must have over done it the night before LOL I counted about 6 class 11 cars that wondered in at least 15 minutes after the last 11 left the line!! The first class 11 left the line At exactly 6;20. Talk about throwing your entry fee-racegas and all your hard work down the drain. It was also great to see some RDC folks in person TIPRACER and El tiboron it was great seeing you. Also congratulations to number 1600 on the win, good job.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Race report 1601. First off, I had a great time, my friend Hugo Tiznado came up from Ensanada to ride with me and we had a great time camping, BBQ and enjoying the overall party atmosphere that is Jacume. In the first race I had massive shift issues and found it nearly impossible to down shif from 3rd to 2nd and ruff to get it into 4th gear,after the first race found the shift coupler rubbers broke with a piece missing, the pumper failed on the start line and to make it worce my pumper helmet somehow grew 4 sizes to big? and kept falling in my eyes. finished 4th in the first heat in spite of all the trouble. I was slatted to start 1st in the 2nd heat but with the shifting issue far from fixed rite I elected to start in the back to stay out of the way of the close race but found that to be dumb move as things went way better the 2nd race as the stick I put in the coupler made 2nd gear at least 50 percent usable and 4th gear came back full time and started moving threw the cars that should have started behind me. I also could see as I wore my motorcycle helmet and spy goggles which worked great until my goggles fell off halfway threw the 3rd lap. After all the problems 2nd place for the day was not bad. A little excitment in teck as the 3rd place car protested the 1st place car but then the 3rd place car was found to have a drilled out restrictor plate so he was instantly DQed! Kinda a bummer, i dont think they did it, but bought the car that way. I am going to say Code puts on a Triple AAA race, you are made to feel Bienvenido, the races started rite on time which was bad for some late comers that must have over done it the night before LOL I counted about 6 class 11 cars that wondered in at least 15 minutes after the last 11 left the line!! The first class 11 left the line At exactly 6;20. Talk about throwing your entry fee-racegas and all your hard work down the drain. It was also great to see some RDC folks in person TIPRACER and El tiboron it was great seeing you. Also congratulations to number 1600 on the win, good job.

awesome job Dave... sounds like u had a nice outcome after over coming adversities!!!

how many 1600's actually started the race???

and wut was the finishing order of 1600???

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Hot, fun,carnage,fun,hot,good times!!!!! Alex Almeraz rolled a 8 truck, Cachola Jr was having some problems with his trans shifter cable and short driveline(I assume the cable got wrapped in driveline? Jason McNeil broke trans and all sorts of other good stuff,seamed to have a good turn out lots of 11 cars going off by 2's,all and all good. BTW tacos in Tecate were BA as always!!!!
yeah we had some problems with the cable, we changed it for the 2nd heat and ran well for a few laps...full report in a few...oh yeah, we won

harleys dad

Reaction
I think 16 made the start, I didnt count them but that is what Alfonso from Code told me went threw sing up and teck late friday night. It looked about rite at the start as I was the last one to start race 1. The first car was Romo then me and after the teck deal I am not sure who ended up 3rd. Irebi unfortunately broke in the 2nd race, he got 3rd in the first race. I passed quite a few cars in the 2nd race and finished physically 2nd also. I almost had a head on! with Pacho in the 2nd race when he was going backwards! on the course! I herd he ran out of gas in the 1st race. The dust was horrible in some places but it was a ton of fun and I will do it again

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
I think 16 made the start, I didnt count them but that is what Alfonso from Code told me went threw sing up and teck late friday night. It looked about rite at the start as I was the last one to start race 1. The first car was Romo then me and after the teck deal I am not sure who ended up 3rd. Irebi unfortunately broke in the 2nd race, he got 3rd in the first race. I passed quite a few cars in the 2nd race and finished physically 2nd also. I almost had a head on! with Pacho in the 2nd race when he was going backwards! on the course! I herd he ran out of gas in the 1st race. The dust was horrible in some places but it was a ton of fun and I will do it again
awesome Dave great job... now u have 2 turn the 82' Raceco around and race the DRIVE ORW grand prix n plaster city Sept. 19th!!!

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle
Reaction
yeah we had some problems with the cable, we changed it for the 2nd heat and ran well for a few laps...full report in a few...oh yeah, we won
Good job you guys,I came by and took a look at the truck,looks solid,Juan told me that he was going to let you guys borrow a cable??? I was the one that pointed out that the drivers side coilover had lost its nitrogen!!!! Wasn't sure which guy you were most guys couldn't speak very good english,and seemed busy so I didn't bug them asking who they were!!!!

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
Good job you guys,I came by and took a look at the truck,looks solid,Juan told me that he was going to let you guys borrow a cable??? I was the one that pointed out that the drivers side coilover had lost its nitrogen!!!! Wasn't sure which guy you were most guys couldn't speak very good english,and seemed busy so I didn't bug them asking who they were!!!!
well you should have asked, would have liked to meet you and thanks for the input, it was a bit low as a matter of fact.....thanks and yes we did borrow the cable

stokessdca

Reaction
Finished 5th or 6th, got a flat with the tire coming out of the wheel on the 2nd lap of the 1st heat. Lost 2nd by around 8 minutes, THE FLAT !

Racing is racing is racing, had a ball, almost flipped the car over 6-7 times, morning heat undrivable with the dust lingering on the course. Did the first lap completely blind. Vikingos slamed into a metal post around the start, seems like he ripped the whole front end off. Salcido flipped in the morning and in the afternoon.
Looks like it was Aviña, Garavito, Rabago,....,Varela, Negrete and then us...

Great race, great course, just a lot of carnage !!

omar
i think that this is the incident that you are referring to i was standing right
there. he was neck to neck racing with another car and i would have to say
that it was dust related. the code race was awesome so many good things
to say. good times !

Attachments

stokessdca

Reaction
congratulations! on the good finish.

Attachments

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
i think that this is the incident that you are referring to i was standing right
there. he was neck to neck racing with another car and i would have to say
that it was dust related. the code race was awesome so many good things
to say. good times !
The other car was me....

stokessdca

Reaction
The other car was me....
cool!, it was nice to go to a race and actually see some cars
batteling it out. it looked like there were some close races in
the 5/1600, 11, and 1600 classes. what number was your car ?
i probably have some pictures of it.