CODE Mexicana 300, Map, info, Online registration, drawing and more

notime

NTR Films media guy
here come the next round of the 2009 CODE Tecate Championship series, The Mexicana 300 race, on Oct 2-4, race will be around the 70 mile course who was layed down at outside of the Mexicali dezert, in the Laguna Salada Area.

a new update on the CODE site area, its now you can go directly to www.codeoffroad.com.mx and on the right side of you screen, you can find a Online registration tab, fill up and be ready to race, Drawing will be held next weekend in Mexicali, so go online, call, email or send your entry on fax.

Poster and Map are attached and let me tell you, track has new sections, and other ones who had been used for awhile, are rough sections, some dry lake sections, sand washes, and the famous rock garden two miles of some rocks and big whoops before check 1.

we did 2 laps yesterday, the CODE folks was marking the whole course on this days, everything will be ready to the track so the can opens prerun next weekend, they rained some and the smoothed the track on some areas, the dry lake is almost DRY (some small mud in some areas) but in general the track its very fun, we averaged about 61MPH in the prerunner so we think faster cars will be around 65-70 min per lap.

contingency are gonna change of location, now will be move to the local city Zoo, on the new river blvd, hours of tech will be the same, looks like its gonna be fun again, as usual the Bikes are gonna open the race around 6:00 am they are doing 2 laps all of them( bikes and quads, pro and spts).

car race are gonna start around 10:00 am, and as today more than 90 teams already signed up for the race, some big names are word on the street, but as today Vildosola Racing, the 2 Protruck team of Gary Magnnes and his daughter Chelsea with sidekick Jessica McMillin, Alfredo Torres, and Mario Acosta are the names on the entry list on the unlimited class.

also the return of the 2nd round of State championship series of the class 5-16 and 11 will be at this race. bonuses on these classes and other special prizes on other ones are part of what to expect on this race.

so who plans to race, spectate or help somebody at this event, looks like will be a great race.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Check out the 5-1600 points championship, 3rd to 9th all by 1 or 2 points only.
You get 20 for finishing + 1 per casr + bonuses.....
Should be expecting over 20+ 5-1600 and 11s..
3 long laps, gonna be one crowded race course for sure..

omar

Attachments

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
It's just a bunch of horses painted to look like zebras!!!!!!
There actually donkies, couldnt you tell the difference ???

LOL

More like a park than a Zoo...

Tipracer

The 5-16 race alone is gonna make it worth going...Richard G., Pat you guys should make this race...

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Yep. Points are incredible 1 point sepeartes 3rd through 9th...

omar

randy s

omar. something was said about it being 115 degrees or something like that. there's no way it will be that hot in october. it's ,in my opinion, the best month of the year for baja. perfect weather for racing.

Tipracer

omar. something was said about it being 115 degrees or something like that. there's no way it will be that hot in october. it's ,in my opinion, the best month of the year for baja. perfect weather for racing.
you are correct sir...IMO october is great for baja..the lake bed will be warm even at night but this race is so gonna be worth it

SPROCKET

NO TIME, would you help me out. I cant get the map to come up on codes wed site to print. We you please post a pdf of the map.

So heres what I understand

3 laps 70 miles each
start at 10am on sat the 3rd oct

thanks

C.Bojorquez

Hey Omar when is the draw party and wheere? :D

At "La Plazita" free dinner for everyone:D:D:D:D LOL :D:D:D:

It ll be a great race specially for the 51600.... el tiburon will be on his backyard so watch out.....

PS.... The drawing next friday at mexicana logistics....

notime

NTR Films media guy
NO TIME, would you help me out. I cant get the map to come up on codes wed site to print. We you please post a pdf of the map.

So heres what I understand

3 laps 70 miles each
start at 10am on sat the 3rd oct

thanks
yes that its correct, for Pro classes, three 70 miles laps, start @ 10:00 am, PM or email me your address so i can forward to CODE and the can send to you all the info for each race, im trying to get a pdf version of the Map, if i got them im posting here.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Heres the map so you can print or download

Attachments