• Forum membership has its advantages....

Code Off-Road Class 9 Entry Fee

PEACHES RACING

For the past few years Class 9 has been dead...I've been thinking of ways to get more class 9s out there. So this is what I've got.

Like Score, Code's entry fees are based off your specific class. Currently Code charges $4500 Pesos for class 9, I'm thinking about asking Code to lower the entry fee down to their sports-man’s fee at $3500 Pesos. By doing this I hope it would attract more 9s south of the border. If it works great if not then Code really wouldn't be missing out on much.

But before I bring this up to Code I need to have some committed 9 racers to back me up. I know a few guys on here have been talking about racing Code in 2016. So if you like this idea and are planning on racing or even just thinking of racing class 9 in code please please let me know.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts or suggestions?

notime

NTR Films media guy
contact [email protected], he's race director at CODE, he can asnwer you all your questions,

JaysinDesignz

I wouldnt drop it. Its only $261 USD. More Americans racers need to come down here and race. The races are competitive, cheap and racing the real deal.
I dont think a drop of $60 will make or break Gringos coming and racing. Its gonna take getting in there ears...

MARXICO

CODE entry’s now require an additional $165 for insurance plus your entry fee.

Don’t ask CODE to subsidize your racing budget .they have expenses there fees are reasonable. As a cl 9 newbie don’t try and divert the class to suit your logistics. If you race MORE you will see realistically where you stand as a competitor If you race all of the CODE races chances are you will be class champ as a result of attendance not skill. I have been racing Code for the past 5 years 9 cars do race there just not in the numbers you are going to see at a MORE race .I world work the bugs out of your program at the MORE race then go race the CODE races after you know what you have

Trying to persuade a budget class to travel another 400 miles round trip and additional related expenses it is un realistic or they would already be doing it. CODE races are excellent, but go figure it out first at a MORE race

PEACHES RACING

CODE entry’s now require an additional $165 for insurance plus your entry fee.

Don’t ask CODE to subsidize your racing budget .they have expenses there fees are reasonable. As a cl 9 newbie don’t try and divert the class to suit your logistics. If you race MORE you will see realistically where you stand as a competitor If you race all of the CODE races chances are you will be class champ as a result of attendance not skill. I have been racing Code for the past 5 years 9 cars do race there just not in the numbers you are going to see at a MORE race .I world work the bugs out of your program at the MORE race then go race the CODE races after you know what you have

Trying to persuade a budget class to travel another 400 miles round trip and additional related expenses it is un realistic or they would already be doing it. CODE races are excellent, but go figure it out first at a MORE race
I've been racing Code since it was Corp. I've raced many classes down there, sometimes 2 on the same day. In no way am I trying to have Code adjust for my budget and in no way am I not asking for the MORE racers to come down for me. I know there are several C-9 racers down here, but where did they all go? Not all C-9 racers are American either. I know lowering the price $60 isn't much to you and me, but $60 could mean a lot to an under budget racer (Fuel, lodging, etc). We don't know why these guys stop showing up, but maybe this might get some of them out there. In 2015 Code only had 3 C-9 cars race in 2 of their 5 races the rest of the year C-9 was a no show class. If Code does lower their fees and it's repeat of last year, Code would have not lost any money. But on the other hand if it does work and they get a consistent 2-5 guys every race that's more money they would have made than if no one raced at all.
Do you have any ideas on how to revive C-9 in Code?

JaysinDesignz

Why MORE why not SNORE? LMAO
No, half the reason is lots of gringos dont want to travel south of the border over myths and hearsay. Time to change that and get the numbers up racing. There is a larger percentage within an hours drive then people 400 miles round trip.... Because on that analogy San Diego guys would not be traveling to MORE or SNORE races and racing CODE/RECORD races instead...

harleys dad

I experienced the myths and hearsay as you call it, almost kept me from ever going down south again. This last time was also a hassle getting across the border but I would take that hasle anyday over the myths and hearsay I experienced in 2006. Alfonso and crew put on fantastic events but saying that it is not cheap for the 9 racers to go race there from Vegas or inland empire and most race class 9 because they are budget racers. I hope Code gets all kinds of 9 cars, I just dont see it happening though as the results of the past year clearly show.

3 Amigos Racing

Someone needs to create a Class 9 cross boarder challenge.. Corey Torres was the only one man enough to go for it back in 2008. I tried 2012 and no one went for it.. class 9 is not the budget class you think..they have some money and good cars..and CODE is a steal for the entry fee.. class 9 does not have the desire to plan for a cross border or point to point race. They are content pounding Barstow or Primm till it turns blue hardback.

Last edited:

T_Petersen

I do not feel the cost of entry is the thing that keeps racers away from CODE races. I would like to race south of the boarder, but I can not afford the time away from work to enjoy the weekend event.

The same question goes the other direction. Why do racers south of the boarder or from the San Diego will not race up here? There are larger payout and bonus money. MORE has been putting together some good courses that are not too overrun. It feels drivers are afraid of a rough course. Can't say much about SNORE, but I'm not a fan of the Primm course. Race weekend is always fun though.

If class 9 put something together like the 11's did last season cars would show, but the guys that were making moves for the class got burnt by everyone on the Mint 400 deal.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

offroadracer516

After 5 years of not going to baja. We recently went to the Code mexicali to san falipe race and had an absolute BLAST!!!! We will be back soon. I hope more people make the trip south. it really is some of the best racing you can do.