CODE Results

Ahles

Reaction
CODE results from this weekend and year-end points are posted on their webpage at www.codeoffroad.com.mx

The Makena Motorsports/San Felipe Off Road Services Team overcame adversity and never gave up and completed the 205 mile race course in 8 hours 13 minutes. Broken tie-rod end and two transmission changes!!

The finish placed us 2nd in the Class 7s year-end points. I would like to thank Kreg Donahoe for his help in rebuilding the trucks A-arms that have worked perfectly the whole year.

Dave Ahles
Makena Motorsports

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
tough race, our car El tiburon (01 safari class) was runing first in class by 10 minutes after race mile 170, "no more trouble i said" then booom !!! there goes a piston or something... !!@#$%^%$#@# !!! fuuuddgggeeee !!!! Im definetely Jinxed, (DNF all 6 races this year, after 2 1st, 1 2nd, 1 4th place last year, our rookie year) gonna have to call one of does psychic hotlines, maybe they can help..... Got to finally meet Klaus and Jeff, but i was pretty much sh..t face at Rockodile's, nice meeting you guys, hope i can be a better host next time !!
The race,was a tough course if your starting 114 out of 120 cars, sand was soft, rocks all over, after surviving all the worst parts,el borrego, el cabuzo river, we were about to turn to san felipe at 3 palos, and boom a piston or something, no overheating, no oil pressure failure, and now i can see a piston sleeve is broken through. to make thing worst our light rack on top of the car came loose, tried tying it down twice, but runing in first i said what the hell and droped it including my radio antena, right before el chinero......should have gone back to pick it up........

i hate loooosssiinnnggggggg...............!!!!!!!

01 el tiburon

p.s. maybe i gotta change my "slogan" on the bottom

thanks race dezert for a wonderful place to vent my frustrations...

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
CODE pictures are up in the picture section.

This was our first CODE race to cover. For those that have never visited any CODE race it can be described as a mix between a good MDR race and the SCORE Baja 250. Entries where high with 100 entries. Just like the SCORE Baja races CODE has Bike, Quads and Car entries. Most of the entrants are Mexican residents and some Americans from Chula Vista, San Diego, Alpine, El Centro Area and as far as Phoenix.

While the Pacific Coast was covered in rain Mexicali had nothing but blue sky and sun to offer over the weekend.

The race course was 200 mile long and fast. As a matter of fact too fast for us to catch up for a 2nd photo opportunity after seeing the entire field within the first 20 race miles.

MIKE JAMES from ALPINE CA (103) over all won the race in 03h33m. Thats an average speed of aprox. 57mph !!! The race course included plenty of fast dry lake sections which contributed to the fast finish.

In Class 7 we had 14 entries and in class 7s three. How is that for a Mini Metal Bash ?

CODE's hospitality was greatly appreciated. Throughout the weekend the promoter and everyone we bumped into was extremely helpful to overcome our Spanish language barrier. There was always someone around to translate.

Nice to put faces next to names. We finally met some of our South of the Border rdc readers.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
klaus:

whats with the neck crank on page 19 of the pictures....trying to kill me .........lol......

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy